Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

Those 250 point ones for getting an achievement in a new release hardly ever work for me. The achievement usually registers but I can't activate the punch card.

12 minutes ago, Majora said:

Those 250 point ones for getting an achievement in a new release hardly ever work for me. The achievement usually registers but I can't activate the punch card.

I have the same issue. 

The award for logging into the app only seems to work if I'm online at the Xbox at the same time.  Its only 5pts but when trying to get 45 dailies for the 1k award its annoying.

10 minutes ago, Chooch said:

The award for logging into the app only seems to work if I'm online at the Xbox at the same time.  Its only 5pts but when trying to get 45 dailies for the 1k award its annoying.

The mobile app? I tend to need to run a game on the cloud before the app triggers the logging onto the app quest. 

But if I can I do it when the xbox is on now as it's much quicker. 

13 minutes ago, Chooch said:

You mean you don't have a "starting up the Xbox" routine?

- turn it on/wake it up

- open the Game Pass phone app

- launch whatever game you were playing last

- wait for the two daily quests to pop (usually within seconds)

- redeem those quests, plus any others that pop as a result

- go to the console Rewards app

- tick off whatever you can from the available daily/weekly/monthly quests

- back to the home screen

- start playing whatever you turned it on for in the first place

It takes maybe two or three minutes a day.

I do mine at the same time every night. Put the kids to bed, head into the back room, where all the kids' stuff lives, switch the xbox on while I plug all the tablets in, do the two dailies. Annoyingly, I managed to miss out on the 1000pts by one daily last month.

The best thing about the Series X|S is that you can just switch it on every day for just moments.

Not have to switch it on, put the kettle on, come back, start a game up, finish making the cup of tea, come back and wait for it to finish loading (all while the fan wakes the kids up thinking it's xbox time!). 

Just logged on and there is a 10,000 point gamer score reward up until the end of May.:omg:

Here we go again.:facepalm:

Anybody found any games with easy achievements lately?:P

1 minute ago, StoooTube said:

Yeah you get 50points every day for an achievement.

Another 10k points?! I think I’ve exhausted all the easy 1k games...

Tell me about it.  I only just recovered from doing the last one.:lol:

Still will see how I get on.

I think I only have one 10,000 marathon in me. I barely got 3,000 in the last one and chucked in the towel while trudging through Call of the Sea.

That said, if there are decent new additions with easy gamerpoints...

6 minutes ago, Broker said:

Do you have to get 10'000 points in a month? Or reach 10k from where you are now?

Is King Kong on gamepass? :lol:

Basically every gamerpoint you get during the period (is it about three weeks?) gives you an MS reward point, up to a max of 10,000.

50 minutes ago, Darren said:

You should, just to get the points!

They should just make it work like it's supposed to!  I didn't buy this Xbox to play games everyday ffs.

25 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

10k from activating, is how they normally work.

You'd think they'd at least have it as 10k during the month, rather than from the point of activation :((not that I'm bitter about having merrily hoovered up 1000 points in the last week through hammering Monster Train, Doom (classic) and a few others, that'll not contribute to anything)

1 hour ago, Waggo said:

Just logged on and there is a 10,000 point gamer score reward up until the end of May.:omg:

Destroy all humans seems to spit them out.

1 hour ago, Waggo said:

Aaarghhh, I'm in the middle of Yakuza 5 which is so flippin' huge it's dropping about two achievements a week.

I think I rinsed all the really exploitable games back in October last year when they did this before. Maybe I can find something else to blast through in a week or two though.

11 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Aaarghhh, I'm in the middle of Yakuza 5 which is so flippin' huge it's dropping about two achievements a week.

I think I rinsed all the really exploitable games back in October last year when they did this before. Maybe I can find something else to blast through in a week or two though.

The Medium fires them at you.

Sea of Solitude isn’t a bad one. Finished it last night, it took 3 hours to complete and ended up with 570 GS.

I too rinsed all the easy ones last time they did this, which was fine but I’m not gonna bother too much this time round. Life’s too short to be mindlessly grinding out achievements for the sake of £9.... or so I’m going to keep telling myself.

24 minutes ago, cassidy said:

Oh no not again. 

I think I've rinsed all the easy ones myself. So think I'm out this time.  

That was my thoughts exactly when I saw it pop up, but already now I am starting to want to do it.  Even if it is only worth about £9 quid at the end of the day, it is just so damn satisfying once you complete it.:wacko:

Full Throttle, Day of The Tentacle and all the Telltale games are easy points. 

I have wiped through all the easy achievements so just going to play normally for the month and hope to get about 5k minimum. I might need to start Mafia Remake as that has been sitting on my shelf for months as im waiting for a 60fps upgrade that will never happen. 

Sad to discover the punchcard isn't in my app yet. Along with the regular "will the punchcard/search/reward action register" issues I do wish the rewards program system was a little more robust, even as I generally enjoy it.

Hopefully it'll be live for me after dinner.