Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

Yeah, is this a regional thing? I don't think I've seen that either. I mean, I login every day and get it to work after a few refreshes, but just to count the dailies toward the weekly or whatever. I don't see anything specific about a streak, other than the weekly sets on the Rewards XB1 app.

I've never seen the Xbox Rewards app require you to login to the mobile one. What is fairly common – I had it last week – is one of the Weekly Set criteria being to open the Rewards Xbox app on three different days.

Incidentally, I wish the Rewards app was on mobile. It's the flakiest thing on Series X, hanging and crashing fairly regularly.

4 hours ago, cassidy said:

I lost my 40 day streak on the weekend. So annoying. 

I discovered last week that if you navigate to the rewards page with a VPN active, so that it thinks you're somewhere that doesn't get rewards, it resets your streak. Weirdly, support deny this and claim you just didn't complete your daily set.

Just now, ScouserInExile said:

I discovered last week that if you navigate to the rewards page with a VPN active, so that it thinks you're somewhere that doesn't get rewards, it resets your streak. Weirdly, support deny this and claim you just didn't complete your daily set.

I don't use a VPN. So it's not that. But thanks for replying. 

I’m busy playing stuff on PS5 so wanted to get the tasks this week done ASAP. I managed to get the three achievements needed for the weekly set, comic relief and additional bonus in about 5 mins on Dirt 5. All you need to do is customise the lanyard thing, save a custom livery and race a custom Playground track and then rate it. 

Yes, that was why I was asking as I was just about to redeem some points against the 3 months option. They still have the one month of gold which I believe is still a better deal than either the 1 or 3 months of GPU (although not as great as the 3 months of gold).

On 02/03/2021 at 16:53, ScouserInExile said:

Strange, I use Express VPN and even if it gives me that error message, once I flick off my VPN it carries on as normal. In fact I've tried changing regions and it also gives you fresh questions/quizzes for the day as well.

@cassidyI've lost my streak a couple of times, and was sure it wasn't a fault of mine. Both times the reward team gave me my streak count back as a "one time gesture"

4 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

Yes, that was why I was asking as I was just about to redeem some points against the 3 months option. They still have the one month of gold which I believe is still a better deal than either the 1 or 3 months of GPU (although not as great as the 3 months of gold).

Just checked mine and 3 months Gold  is still there.

You need to select the 1 month option and then hit the drop down to change it to 3 months

just jumping in

what is this "auto redeem thing", i dont want the gift (to save up for gamepass), can it be cancelled?

It always looks like its activated

30 minutes ago, ulala said:

just jumping in

what is this "auto redeem thing", i dont want the gift (to save up for gamepass), can it be cancelled?

It always looks like its activated

You have to cancel it on console. I had it set to redeem a £5 voucher every month as I wasn't expecting to collect the points so easily - it's not easy to change it back.

1 hour ago, friedgold said:

You have to cancel it on console. I had it set to redeem a £5 voucher every month as I wasn't expecting to collect the points so easily - it's not easy to change it back.

thanks
ive searched the web for how this is done but there are no articles . 

how on Earth is this cancelled ?

You have to go into the Rewards App IIRC within the console dashboard, there's no other way that I could find either. In related news it took until last month to realise the console Rewards App was a thing and that I'd been msising out on nigh-on 2000 extra points a month :huh::lol:

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Today’s This or That answers.

List ordered in Alphabetical order A,B,C.

Angel Falls

Bridalveil Fall

Browne Falls

Dudhsagar Falls

Gocta Cataracts

Jog Falls

Kaieteur Falls

Multnomah Falls

Nohkalikai Falls

Sutherland Falls

Tugela Falls

Victoria Falls

Virginia Falls

Yosemite Falls

Yumbilla Falls

I'm not sure this helps me say which waterfall is greater than 300m in height.  Although the photos MS supplies are very helpful.

4 minutes ago, Chooch said:

I'm not sure this helps me say which waterfall is greater than 300m in height.  Although the photos MS supplies are very helpful.

The ones that aren't over 300 feet are not on Mr. Do's list. He's giving the list of answers and has kindly alphabetised them to help even further.

My Game Pass Ultimate expired yesterday, and I just renewed it with reward points.  I got 4x 3 month Xbox Game Pass for PC codes at 20400 points each.  It gave me an extra month for turning on recurring billing with the first code, I turned if off after, but didn't get offered it again, which is fair enough.  I then ugraded with a 1 month Ultimate code for 12000 points.

So now I have 14 months to earn all those points back again, which will no problem.  After paying for £200 of the cost of a Series S with points back in September, I've earned about 110000 points in the last 6 months, but that was with the 2 x 10000 points for gamerscore promos they did, so if those had not been available I would still have earned just enough points for those 14 months of Ultimate.

Very efficient use of points there! I’m actually amazed how easy it is to amass points with relatively little effort. Having actually started paying attention to it just before Jan this year I’m getting 15k a month without any additional purchases. And I didn’t even rinse the gamerscore bonus in Jan (got 900 points I think).

15k then allows you to buy 3 months of gold which converts to 50 days of GPU (if still subbed), so basically you can stack up 5 months of GPU every 3 months. Not quite as efficient as above but works well if you are on a long sub and worry that the kind of thing above might not be available by the time that sub expires.

I'm up to near 90k pts without alot of effort at all, not really got a plan to spend them I'm just letting them stack up and then I'll maybe buy the SSD for my series x whenever the price comes down or perhaps a new version of the elite controller if they bring out a v3

18 minutes ago, SnoopZakaDaVe said:

I'm up to near 90k pts without alot of effort at all, not really got a plan to spend them I'm just letting them stack up and then I'll maybe buy the SSD for my series x whenever the price comes down or perhaps a new version of the elite controller if they bring out a v3

I was really tempted to cash my points in and buy the Doom Eternal season pass and Resident Evil 3 (currently on sale). Thanks for reminding me to not take my eye off the prize(s) -  your plan is my plan!

5 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

I was really tempted to cash my points in and buy the Doom Eternal season pass and Resident Evil 3 (currently on sale). Thanks for reminding me to not take my eye of the prize(s) -  your plan is my plan!

My plan as well. Except it's not a maybe I'm saving for the SSD

I should pass 100k in points this week and have a similar plan to save for the SSD add on, well I said when I hit £100 I would stump up for one assuming it would take a long time to do!

Now I’m thinking about an Elite pad... mind would need a new version first, best keep on earning them points!

I'm up to 144K points and I'm getting an SSD for my birthday next month so I'm spending my points on Mass Effect Trilogy Legendary Edition, Resi VIII and Judgement. Even though I own the Mass Effect Trilogy already on BC and Judgement on PS4. :doh:

Still, I'm not complaining for free. 

I have redeemed £90 worth of gift cards in 4 months. Nearly have enough for another £25. 

Just decided I'm going to rack up as much as I can. Might buy the occasional cheap game but bigger titles like Resi Village I will buying on disc or digital from Eneba if there is a good deal (Hitman 3 for £30 was the last big game which was in eneba) 

Still just doing the extension plug in method. Takes me one click a day and it does the rest. 

8 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

I'm up to 144K points and I'm getting an SSD for my birthday next month so I'm spending my points on Mass Effect Trilogy Legendary Edition, Resi VIII and Judgement. Even though I own the Mass Effect Trilogy already on BC and Judgement on PS4. :doh:

Still, I'm not complaining for free. 

*Judgment