Microsoft Rewards

stefcha

Forgive me if this if glaringly obvious. 
As you can see I’ve not done any searches, or quizzes or whatever. Yet at the start of each day I have points before any searches are done. I’m not sure if these points are added to my total each day, but I don’t think they are. What are they? Shouldn’t they be showing as zero at the start of each day?

C9081470-7917-4FEF-A313-98B1AF39271C.thumb.jpeg.6574f46e4ea98aa3abd734ba6d1b60b2.jpeg

To be honest I've never understood that total. It's possible that you have earned that many points from stuff in the Rewards app/gamepass quests. Specifically the gamepass quests seem to start the day at 5pm for me, so it might just be a hangover from stuff you did 'yesterday'.

Okay, I'm doing this all legit now. The quizzes aren't much of a pain. And made Bing my work search engine.

Now they're going to get into trouble because I keep putting the same C++ terms in different orders hoping for a better answer to pop up. 

The way I do my searches each day, is to search using whichever random word enters my head, switch to 'images' then middle mouse button click all of the new variations it offers so the new searches each open up in a new tab, takes hardly any time at all.

Also, after turning in 250k points back in September to go towards a Series S, I am now back at over 100,000 points again, which is handy as my Game Pass Ultimate runs out next month.  Am I right that I should be able to let it run out, then redeem lots of months of either Gold or PC Game Pass, and then convert to Ultimate again for the price of 1 month? (having previously done the convert for £1 before)

Always worth BINGING* how to do the quests. Another 2 easy ones. Load up Control in mobile app though xCloud, and Dishonored 2 requires play but I did it in 5 mins by skipping tutorial, skipping cutscenes, stealth killing the first two guys on a loop by loading the last autosave a couple of times. 

If you carry on with Dishonored 2 for a little longer, there is an achievement for taking something off the first target straight after. Extra 50 points for the day on the xbox rewards app. 

Bit of a shame as I fancy playing both of them, just not right now. 

*got mobile bing running on bluestacks too. I do all my searching on that on PC when working until I hit the limit, then onto PC ... no cheating here!

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, dreamylittledream said:

Another 2000 pointer for March on Xbox reward app and also 150 point one in the website

Ah excellent, I was starting to get despondent about my lack of progress in the last couple of weeks and have been neglecting my daily duties. The £220 needs for an expansion SSD seems so far away!

It does seem worth setting up Edge and Bing as defaults. Without cheating with an extension, it's actually nuts how large my points have gotten without even looking. Bing does seem to work just as well as Google, and Edge IS Chrome. 

51 minutes ago, Pob said:

Ah excellent, I was starting to get despondent about my lack of progress in the last couple of weeks and have been neglecting my daily duties. The £220 needs for an expansion SSD seems so far away!

That is the problem with having such a large target to aim for I think. I started with thinking about one month of GPU which is easily achievable each month. Then @Kryptonianmentioned you can get 3 months for 35k, so a saving of 1k and even that seemed a way off when I decided to go that way at the beginning of Jan. I mean I’m nearly there now as it’s easy to get 15k a month but it still felt more a slog than ticking the one month off each month. I think I’d just crack and buy the SSD if I wanted it before the almost 2 years it would take me to build the points.

18 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

That is the problem with having such a large target to aim for I think. I started with thinking about one month of GPU which is easily achievable each month. Then @Kryptonianmentioned you can get 3 months for 35k, so a saving of 1k and even that seemed a way off when I decided to go that way at the beginning of Jan. I mean I’m nearly there now as it’s easy to get 15k a month but it still felt more a slog than ticking the one month off each month. I think I’d just crack and buy the SSD if I wanted it before the almost 2 years it would take me to build the points.

You get extra points for purchases as well, plus you often get bonuses if you spend above a certain amount in sales.

I’m on just over 205k in about 12 months. I reckon I’ll have enough points to buy a Series X, by the time they’re in stock. 

3 hours ago, theredstar said:

You get extra points for purchases as well, plus you often get bonuses if you spend above a certain amount in sales.

I’m on just over 205k in about 12 months. I reckon I’ll have enough points to buy a Series X, by the time they’re in stock. 

Ive been doing it since the series x launch, a little before and in on £75 with aim of ssd upgrade or big chunk off it!

I haven’t bought anything I wasn’t going to buy but have defi been influenced to buy something while the punch cards have been active - I’ve not bought them directly on the Xbox either always finding a cheap code!

I’m amazed it exists, my other half thinks it’s funny I do the searches etc each day but when you end up with ‘free’ things for barely any effort it seems too good to be true!

4 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

I believe getting three months of Gold is actually the most efficient way to get GPU time, if you're already a subscriber.

Three months of Gold costs 15,000 points and should convert to 50 days of Ultimate, so effectively 300 points per day. However, directly redeeming three months of GPU for 35,000 points works out at 389 points per day.

4 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

I dunno, I would never pay that much, or anywhere near, for an SSD expansion. But if I managed to earn it through points my stupid monkey brain would be happy.

34 minutes ago, Ferine said:

I believe getting three months of Gold is actually the most efficient way to get GPU time, if you're already a subscriber.

Three months of Gold costs 15,000 points and should convert to 50 days of Ultimate, so effectively 300 points per day. However, directly redeeming three months of GPU for 35,000 points works out at 389 points per day.

This is correct and I tend to redeem 15000 point every month or so to keep my Ultimate topped up.  Used to be normal (none Ultimate) Gamepass was best at it redeemed to 2 months Ultimate for 17,000 points but they’ve stopped doing that as a voucher.

I’ve only ever paid the £1 conversion fee and with my existing gold and reward point redemptions I am currently good until  July 2022

Yeah, I think I'll stick to big ticket items, like the SSD. If anyone's interested, they also sell the massive WD Black external HDDs on the microsoft store. 

I can totally justify the GPU eventually, given how much the kids and I are on these games, so I'm going to chip away at the storage situation with rewards (still plenty of hdd left thankfully, haven't even needed to wire up that 2TB drive I cleaned off).

So the March monthly bonus round for 2000 points...

The quiz is about games exclusive to Xbox. I’m pretty sure the first question was Secret Neighbour or Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

The answer is Ori, but I’ve seen that on the Switch?!

18 minutes ago, AK Bell said:

The new Ori is exclusive

It's not. Both Blind Forest and Will of the Wisps are on Switch. 

There's a new 1000 point Comic Relief reward card on the console app. It's basically unlocking a few achievements and clicking some links. 

Fair play to Microsoft support. 

I was finally able to email rewards support about the Gamepass ultimate code issue I had in early December.  

They gave me the 12000 points back and gave me another 12000 on top of that as well for the inconvenience. 

And my movie rental rewards card for Feb refused to register the last movie I rented so their sorting out that  2500 for me as well. 

Well on my way to that SSD now. 

The main stress I have with rewards is when you need a certain number of log ins of the mobile app.

I’ve tried both the app and the beta version, and it’s just random chance if it recognises the log in.  It’s taken me until today to get the three log ins I require to avoid losing my 53 week streak.  

39 minutes ago, theredstar said:

The main stress I have with rewards is when you need a certain number of log ins of the mobile app.

I’ve tried both the app and the beta version, and it’s just random chance if it recognises the log in.  It’s taken me until today to get the three log ins I require to avoid losing my 53 week streak.  

I lost my 40 day streak on the weekend. So annoying. 

50 minutes ago, theredstar said:

Isn’t it only the daily set that goes towards your streak? 

I think he's talking about the weekly streaks in the rewards app. Sometimes one of the criteria is to log into the gamepass mobile app an number of times (which is also often a daily +5 points task). It's weird how it's flaky for some people and not others though as I've never had a problem with it (running it on iOS). It pretty much just always pops as soon as I load up the app.