I used to use Rare Replay to get the daily 50 point for getting an achievement if I didn't have time to actually play anything. Just booted up a different game whenever I needed. Think I've exhausted it now though.

I’ve got a couple of Telltale games in my list I haven’t played, they must have been Games with Gold at some point. So I’m playing the second Batman game they did - like all their titles it’s surprisingly well-written if a bit formulaic, and held together by the creakiest fucking mess of a game engine the world has ever seen; but it’s actually lots of fun, and it’s spraying achievements / reward points all over the place so all is good. 

Occasionally they include a quiz, like today's mountain one, where you have 10 questions and are given 5 reward points per correct answer. You only get one chance to answer, so 10 correct answers gets you 50 points. @womble9 , rllmuk's very own bing search engine, has very kindly provided the answers for today's "which is bigger" mountain quiz. 

2 hours ago, Welrain said:

How do I start the punchcard thingies on PC?

I don’t think you can.

If you know someone with an Xbox and you trust them not to do terrible deeds with your details, they can sign into your account and activate the punchcard for you.

On 03/10/2020 at 16:01, Garwoofoo said:

If anyone wants an extremely cheaty but also extremely easy 2000 points:

Load up Surviving Mars, go to the in-game Mod Manager, and search for and install the "Mayo" and "Fries" extensions. All achievements in the game immediately unlock when you enable them.

Achievements are separate on Xbox One and PC, so you can do it on each version. That's 2000 reward points for about 5 minutes of effort.

(Don't forget to enable the punchcard in the Microsoft Rewards app before doing this! Otherwise you'll just get the achievement points, and not the rewards).

Looks like those mods got blitzed. As did 'Mayo2' and 'Fries2'.  I'll keep an eye out for the third release :D 

https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=1180227&page=28 

9 hours ago, reef said:

@womble9 , rllmuk's very own bing search engine, has very kindly provided the answers for today's "which is bigger" mountain quiz. 

Thanks for the kind words but the exact same “this or that, how big’s that ruddy great hill” cropped up a few months ago and I saw the list on Reddit so just searched for it again :).  

On 04/10/2020 at 18:54, HarryBizzle said:

Thanks, chaps. I'm about 2 months from hitting 60,000 points, so will wait before I turn the auto redeem on. Think I'm either going to get a new Series X pad or if I don't get a Series X at launch, use it to get £50 off when I buy one.

Regarding the auto redeem. It seems to only redeem one per month. I had 65,000 points and expected to get £60 worth of vouchers but now I have 60,000 points and a £5 voucher. Not sure if there is a hidden option to renew them all but so far, for me at least, it will only do one a month.

3 minutes ago, LowCostMonkey said:

Regarding the auto redeem. It seems to only redeem one per month. I had 65,000 points and expected to get £60 worth of vouchers but now I have 60,000 points and a £5 voucher. Not sure if there is a hidden option to renew them all but so far, for me at least, it will only do one a month.

Yeah that’s how it’s supposed to work. You get more cash for your points it’s like a standing order for a set amount. 

9 minutes ago, LowCostMonkey said:

Yeah, I wasn't expecting them to redeem all of them. I suspect they want people to spend a fiver on some crap DLC rather than get a Series X for £300.

@Plissken You can still redeem them all manually. It's just auto redeeming gives you a small discount of 350 points per £5. So only 3500 points per £50. Not a big deal at all.

You can still redeem they all but just at the slightly higher price. To be honest, there isn't really much difference so it's a still a good way of getting a cheaper Xbox or a free controller.

Edit: I posted this before HarryBizzle edited his post above to say the same thing. I'm not crazy, honest.

19 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Getting 1000 points in some of these games doesn’t sound like much fun. It’s probably worth remembering that 1000 points is about 86p, before spending an hour on it. 

I might be a bit strange but I find this kind of thing oddly entertaining. Rinsing mediocre games for achievements in the most efficient fashion is quite compelling. And I’m definitely playing stuff I’d otherwise have missed. 

11 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

I might be a bit strange but I find this kind of thing oddly entertaining. Rinsing mediocre games for achievements in the most efficient fashion is quite compelling. And I’m definitely playing stuff I’d otherwise have missed. 

My only concern, especially when using guides for shortcuts and effectively cheating, is ruining the experience of that game by not playing it properly.

If its a terrible game that you have paid pittance for than fine, but a lot of these smaller indie titles are actually pretty good (case in point games like Wandersong where you can input a cheat code to skip to achievement related chapters and bypass 90% of what is actually a charming little game). In most cases I will look at a guide briefly (missable achievements etc) and then attempt a solid playthrough with as little spoilers as possible.

On the other side of the coin I am unlikely to sink over 200+ hours into a non story related game like Age of Empires so having the ability to unlock all achievements in a short space of time is welcome!

I did the Surviving Mars quick rewards yesterday on both Xbox and PC. In the Rewards app and when you look at my achievements for the game it rightly says I earned 1000 on each version. But on my recent achievements it only seems to have counted 49 of the achievements instead of 99, and my gamerscore reflects the same.

Anyone else had issues? Or is it just a case of waiting until it catches itself up?

40 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

It's also been interesting to see if some of these things will run on my 8 year old laptop :lol:

I played through the mental health game mentioned earlier in the thread, 30 minutes, not a hope I'd have have ever played it, it wasn't technically very good, but it was interesting and not 30 minutes I regret.

I also did the train set game, which again, had the beginnings of a good concept, the implementation was painful, the achievement guide I used for it had a really nice method of not building track to deliver people to stations by basically warping them around in the train.

The Mars one which I managed on Xbox before the mods were hit, but not PC, was... well, a bit pointless.  Load game, load mod, get achievements, uninstall game - less interesting.

I've also been playing Microsoft Solitaire collection on my mobile to get some more achievements.  My wife is playing some other solitaire app on her phone, so we've been talking / comparing.  I wouldn't recommend it for a quick 1,000, but I doubt I'll be hitting 10,000 so the more the merrier, and I'm quite enjoying the odd solitaire game.

1 hour ago, Garwoofoo said:

Yeah, it catches up. Give it a day or so. 

Thanks @Garwoofoo. Just checked on my lunchbreak, and it seems to have caught up, almost exactly 24 hours later.

I also jumped on the Gamepass app, but couldn't see the section for the Rewards Quests?

1 hour ago, Butters said:

Thanks @Garwoofoo. Just checked on my lunchbreak, and it seems to have caught up, almost exactly 24 hours later.

I also jumped on the Gamepass app, but couldn't see the section for the Rewards Quests?

Gamepass rewards are different. There are Xbox rewards, Game Pass rewards and the browser ones. 

The Game Pass ones are in the monthly changeover period where nothing much is showing.