Animal Crossing: New Horizons

28 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

Some tips which bear repeating:

- In the Nook Miles section if there is anything you can claim you can just press down on the right stick to scroll straight there.

• Upvote 4
42 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

On your Critterpedia phone app with the list of bugs and fish there is an owl icon next to the name of anything thats already been donated to the museum

• Upvote 9
37 minutes ago, sir stiff_one said:

Ok I’m gonna open my gates and leave some fruit for people to take. Pears and a few cherries. 

Unfinished Puzzle and Cushion in the shop

54NQS

Thanks for shop goodies 

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, sir stiff_one said:

Ok I’m gonna open my gates and leave some fruit for people to take. Pears and a few cherries. 

Unfinished Puzzle and Cushion in the shop

54NQS

on my way for a visit :) 

anything you need? I’ll leave a tip

Cor, fishing got more tricky quite quick. My handheld doesn’t really buzz now when they bite. 

Is it always a good idea to take some medicine when you go to other islands?

38 minutes ago, Weavus said:

On your Critterpedia phone app with the list of bugs and fish there is an owl icon next to the name of anything thats already been donated to the museum

Good tip this one. Just found some insects that haven't been donated yet.

• Upvote 1

Opening my gates but I'm not playing at the minute, buy stuff from shop and there's pears and oranges by the airport and if there's anything you like I'll send it over. 

@bradigorall my trash related things are in front of the museum, some doubles of things you have but you're welcome if you want them.

Please no one else take it.

Code is GD8XV

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, b00dles said:

Opening my gates but I'm not playing at the minute, buy stuff from shop and there's pears and oranges by the airport and if there's anything you like I'll send it over. 

@bradigorall my trash related things are in front of the museum, some doubles of things you have but you're welcome if you want them.

Please no one else take it.

Code is GD8XV

Rag and Bone on his way now. 

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, sir stiff_one said:

You can craft with the wasps nest and some weeds but if the island is fastidiously clean then maybe

Okay, so this is what the DIY table you can build yourself is for then? You can carry it around? At the moment I’m only using Nook’s one. 

4 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

Okay, so this is what the DIY table you can build yourself is for then? You can carry it around? At the moment I’m only using Nook’s one. 

There's always one on the islands but it's worth having one in your house or somewhere handy on the island. 

I've got one next to nook's cranny 

4 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

You can craft multiple DIY tables. I've got one outside Nook's Cranny, one inside and out side the house at the moment.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, b00dles said:

If you visit me or vice versa and are Nintendo friends (we are already) then we can mail each other. 

You don't actually need to be "best friends" to send mail with gifts to someone, I found out.

Right I will be active for the next few hours.

Just now, Lyrical Donut said:

@bradigor I can craft a garbage flooring, just missing a can if anyone can donate...

I got one from @b00dles, it just didn't look right with all the stuff. I have plans for it later though... there is an endgame to this build.

3 minutes ago, gingerling said:

Right I will be active for the next few hours.

My gate is still open if you want to come over to register mail ability code is GD8XV

15 minutes ago, b00dles said:

There's always one on the islands but it's worth having one in your house or somewhere handy on the island. 

I've got one next to nook's cranny 

You dirty boy... ^_^

10 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

@bradigor I can craft a garbage flooring, just missing a can if anyone can donate...

I have a can, but no idea how to get it to you yet. Total noob. 

19 minutes ago, gingerling said:

How do I do that?

You just need to visit, we're already friends on the switch. Then you can just send cards with gifts attached at the airport.

Edit: you'll get a new app on your phone and some other blah from the characters but that's essentially it. 

2 hours ago, Alan Stock said:

- kick people off your island by pressing - and then choosing end session, useful if you need to go or they have gone afk for ages.

- rotate objects inside and outside by grabbing and moving in a direction that doesn't drag it (only works if there is space for it to rotate. The decoration manager in the house also lets you rotate things.

- snails appeared on my rocks when it was raining

- hammer A button whilst crafting to speed it up!

- On your real phone you can setup NookLink and once done can use that to chat with other people, which is soooo much easier!

• Upvote 1
Just now, b00dles said:

You just need to visit, we're already friends on the switch. Then you can just send cards with gifts attached at the airport

That's what I thought but I am not getting the option

9 minutes ago, b00dles said:

You just need to visit, we're already friends on the switch. Then you can just send cards with gifts attached at the airport

I sent you something crap to test it.

Oh nice thanks Dan. Brad I have an old tyre and old boot plus a bin for you.

Got a few Japanese style walls and floors as well as a few bamboo decorations if any of you Japan themed folk need anything new, pop by or drop me a pm.

So..I had a quick go last night for the first time. Got to the part where you choose a tent spot and then go pick some food for a party. Next time I booted up there was an update.  When I started the game it hadn't saved any progress.

Do you manually have to save?  Only played for about 30 minutes so no real loss but just wondering for the future.

7 minutes ago, iknowgungfu said:

So..I had a quick go last night for the first time. Got to the part where you choose a tent spot and then go pick some food for a party. Next time I booted up there was an update.  When I started the game it hadn't saved any progress.

Do you manually have to save?  Only played for about 30 minutes so no real loss but just wondering for the future.

The game should be auto-saving...

15 minutes ago, iknowgungfu said:

It saves automatically. Maybe the update borked it?

This has made me wonder, if you've got Switch Online are your saves backed up automatically or do you have to activate it somehow? If my save corrupts and I lose my island 6 months in then you know imma shank a bitch.

1 hour ago, NexivRed said:

Every Nook Miles island I have visited has a stump for crafting so I don't think there is too much need to carry one with you. I have one set up outside my house just to save opening the door to Nook's ...

• Upvote 2