rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

1 hour ago, sir stiff_one said:

Why are you up?! 

Museum day!!

If I'm having trouble sleeping and it hits 5 am I always get up if it's a work day.

Also Museum day!!

1 hour ago, sir stiff_one said:

My Sega Arcade! 

B149BFC0-6E6D-4ABC-ADE6-6B3D5D83593A.jpeg

Actually, always wonder why they have generic candy cabs and pinball but don't have classic Nintendo cabs. I guess people would expect the games to be playable, but even that wouldn't be too much effort.

images (3).jpeg

They have very little Nintendo branded stuff at all in this AC.

I have a video of the kids enjoying the arcade. It’s just like real life, they even ask me for money in the game.

The second vid was the one I meant to post lol. 

• Upvote 6

Museum Day is....errrr....well, it exists.

I'm sure it's largely meant to encourage people to explore the museum, but it's very underwhelming.

• Upvote 1

Anyone come across a good "Run" sign that I can use or take inspiration from? there are loads of "please do not run" signs but I want the opposite for what I was building last night

So, just bought an ‘extra-large’ backpack from kicks as it looked kinda cool. Put it on. Has more storage space in it, perfect for nip selling.

I presume everyone knew about that and it was just me that didn’t? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, weightgain said:

So, just bought an ‘extra-large’ backpack from kicks as it looked kinda cool. Put it on. Has more storage space in it, perfect for nip selling.

Didn't know that.

2 minutes ago, weightgain said:

I have one. Is this on some special location? I see my normal 40 space bag.

Yeah, you sure? I wear that bag daily, it didn't bump my storage up from 40. 

Edit: maybe backpacks upgrade to the max 40 slots if you haven't already done so through the usual way. 

Ignore me. Still has 40. Clearly baby brain is kicking in. I’ll go back to lurking only....

• Upvote 1

Gates open, Sahara is about.  I’ll be afk, had a busy few days getting ready for the contest

jamesh - Ellijess

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, sir stiff_one said:

Hey, help yourself to the custom designs I made:

B3983DC3-F0A2-4A9A-B154-20CDF3524F32.jpeg

Post it here too.

• Upvote 1

After what feels like forever (about 40 hours) I FINALLY have the proper town hall and shop. Either I'm doing it wrong or this game has the most ridiculous lead-in time. Now I can actually do things like add bridges and inclines it feels like the game really begins. 

2 minutes ago, Vimster said:

After what feels like forever (about 40 hours) I FINALLY have the proper town hall and shop. Either I'm doing it wrong or this game has the most ridiculous lead-in time. Now I can actually do things like add bridges and inclines it feels like the game really begins. 

It's better to think of it in real life days than hours played. It this that gates progress. You could play non-stop for 20 hours on the first day and you'll have nothing more than someone who plays for 3 hours.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

It's better to think of it in real life days than hours played. It this that gates progress. You could play non-stop for 20 hours on the first day and you'll have nothing more than someone who plays for 3 hours.

Aye, there were days when I could do sod-all because something hadn't spawned or whatever. Then there were days where I could sit there for 3 or 4 hours and never get everything done. I feel like I'm not getting the most out of this game when I read this thread. A lot of the talk makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong. Yet it's been nice just pottering about selling stuff and moving trees about. Are people doing these designs with a pad or is there an easier way to do it? 

Do any of you with blue roses want blue rose crowns crafted? I have the recipe, it takes 6 blue roses.

Send them over if interested.

47 minutes ago, Vimster said:

Aye, there were days when I could do sod-all because something hadn't spawned or whatever. Then there were days where I could sit there for 3 or 4 hours and never get everything done. I feel like I'm not getting the most out of this game when I read this thread. A lot of the talk makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong. Yet it's been nice just pottering about selling stuff and moving trees about. Are people doing these designs with a pad or is there an easier way to do it? 

It’s easy to get overwhelmed and to have island envy. Pottering about is completely legit! People get different things out of the game, some are bang into designs, some the relationships and rp, some catching bugs and fish and others maxing out the turnip market. 

The main thing I think is “you do you.”

I actually did have some ideas about areas I could put into the game and sketched them out. All of them ended up being different from the original as you push and pull bits about in the game and tinker. 

It’s all a continual WIP, without a specific end goal in my case!

F7B6AD22-129D-48EB-A46E-F71BC4DA0F04.jpeg

7EDEC1DD-702B-44FC-830D-896F51C0F311.jpeg

16DFBF04-45D1-4123-9B08-E385E3E85576.jpeg

• Upvote 1

If anyone fancies getting a Jock dog, Mac is in boxes in Flapston. Leif is selling Hyacinths and Lillies, and there are plenty of spare fossils and recipes near the airport. Pietro is in the tent, but apparently you can only invite from your own tent.

Dodo code = 2X3PT

1 hour ago, Tetmon said:

Do any of you with blue roses want blue rose crowns crafted? I have the recipe, it takes 6 blue roses.

Send them over if interested.

Yes please. For 6 items is it easier to visit? 

14 minutes ago, MagicalDrop said:

Yes please. For 6 items is it easier to visit? 

Probably easier to visit but flower petals do stack up to 10 so you can mail 6 all on one letter