rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

I’m AFK but left my gate open to friends. Able’s has power suits and motorbike helmets. Big items are gone from Nooks but there’s document stacks and cherry cardboard boxes on multibuy.

Finally got around to sorting out the approach to my museum area after clearing up all the trees and flowers that were dumped there.

About half way through Goldie decided to help out :wub:

EXquD8bU8AEPPzq.thumb.jpeg.3c8d5e606946ef52c11c1ae02b9b6558.jpeg

• Upvote 6

11 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Does anyone know what happens if you don't check in for a few days, or more? If I wanted to have a break for a week to actually, you know, play something else, would I come back to an island full of weeds and neglected villagers who want to leave, or is there a way to pause things, so to speak?

I left mine for about a week, had villagers telling me they were glad I was back but noone wanting to leave. A few weeds on the cliffs but nothing major. Flowers etc were fine. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Just met Drake, in his boss jumper and I don’t care what the internet says, he’s tier one.

He always wears that fucking jumper.

• Upvote 1

I’ve still got my GameCube memory card, but I don’t think I’ll ever have the heart to load it up.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mikeyl said:

@NexivRed thank you for the train set! 

and can I repeat how spectacular your mutant Diplo dinosaur is. Literally the coolest thing I’ve seen

I wish I could take credit, but it was my boyfriend’s plan! He’d really like more diplo chests to replace the many pelvises he used. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mikeyl said:

You need a villager like Marina the octopus. 

Every record player on the island is rigged to play Comrade K.K. over and over again.  Like a good citizen she has learned the tune and now sings it without prompt whilst wearing the Privet t shirt she was provided with. And she uses the correct terminology when addressing her fellow villager. 

If I ever get her from you I'd likely have to cleanse her mind first.

• Upvote 1

Interesting. Logged on with my bf’s account and Isabelle's North Korean daily report told me to chop young spring bamboo cos it will disappear, and then got her phone out and sent the noodle slide recipe remotely to everyone on the island. 

SEND ME SOMETHING USEFUL, BIATCH!!

• Upvote 1

Island open to friends. Got a pendulum clock and (140k) open frame kitchen, along with windflower cosmos and tulips in nooks cranny. I'll put some fossil dupes for swaps on the beach too. 

13 minutes ago, velma said:

Island open to friends. Got a pendulum clock and (140k) open frame kitchen, along with windflower cosmos and tulips in nooks cranny. I'll put some fossil dupes for swaps on the beach too. 

Your spreadsheet space for the friend code is blank? 

Has anyone sold a villager on one of those crazy sites? I’m not too fond of Zucker, who according to the website is worth 8 million bells :o

I’ve not used the market type things before, but it seems crazy that anyone would pay that for a villager. But as I’m going to use an amiibo to replace him, I’ll have him sat there for the taking...

10 minutes ago, Broker said:

Has anyone sold a villager on one of those crazy sites? I’m not too fond of Zucker, who according to the website is worth 8 million bells :o

I’ve not used the market type things before, but it seems crazy that anyone would pay that for a villager. But as I’m going to use an amiibo to replace him, I’ll have him sat there for the taking...

I've used reddit to trade Audie for nook tickets, but only because I knew they were popular and felt bad at getting rid of her (for Reneigh though, who's cute). 

Given that I’ve got amiibo cards for Lolly and Zucker, I guess I could just repeatedly farm and sell them.

I don’t understand why anyone would buy one in game when they’re 4 quid from Etsy. 

• Upvote 1

Say you pay millions of bells for a villager, how do you then get it to come to your own village?

You go to the island when they are thinking of leaving and persuade them to come to yours. 

Inflation due to turnip market and time travel and the online marketplace. 

It does seem insane, but as 8 million a time I could be sooooo rich 

I mean, when people get a vaguely good sell price they push Daisy Mae to the airport, box her in and charge for people to come buy. If you time travel until you get a good price for selling, you just charge people to come sell and never need to buy any yourself.

8 million is a weeks turnip haul for novice min maxers. It’s about 4 full loads of turnips, and people are filling half their island making 20m+ Selling at just over 500. If you time travel, buy more and find a place to sell, (e.g. have a buddy who does the same until they get a good sell price then yeah).

People will always min max. I had a twitch stream on in the background earlier and the guy spent a straight hour buying turnips.

Jesus Christ. I thought I was playing quite a lot and had a fair amount of shit. Why would you need that much money?

I'm all for investing a fair wedge in the turnip game as per the rules, but where's the fun in all that time travelling bollocks? 

Yeah, fuck that. Ruins all the surprises. I don’t like looking up lists of all the items available, especially brollies. I love just coming across stuff. 

• Upvote 4

I've been moving houses around and I put one one tile further over than all the others...that's 100,000 bells to fix one tile. Ffs!

• Empathy 3

1 hour ago, ilpostino said:

I've been moving houses around and I put one one tile further over than all the others...that's 100,000 bells to fix one tile. Ffs!

Done that a couple of times. I now lay a temporary path as reference.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, g wings said:

Done that a couple of times. I now lay a temporary path as reference.

I do that too, usually. Wasn't thinking and tried to eyeball it. :(

6 hours ago, sir stiff_one said:

I mean, when people get a vaguely good sell price they push Daisy Mae to the airport, box her in and charge for people to come buy. If you time travel until you get a good price for selling, you just charge people to come sell and never need to buy any yourself.

Two sentences that only make sense in video games or Philip K Dick novels.

• Upvote 4