Animal Crossing: New Horizons

45 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

I heard that if you put 10k in, you're guaranteed 30k (3x10k), but any higher and it's a gamble. You could plant 99k and triple it, but you could also end up with 30k again, making a loss. I've been sticking with burying 10k so far. I'll gamble when I have a lot more money and less to buy.

Just keep putting 30k in. Either get 90k back or the 30k returned to you. 

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, MagicalDrop said:

Open for after hours moochers. My house is probably more interesting than the rest of the island because that's where the time has been sunk. 

At least 30 fossils for swapsies on the South West Beach. 

Happy to catalogue or back order stuff. 

Dodo 7MB5J

On my way for catalog business!

1 hour ago, mikeyl said:

Tipping culture is getting a bit out of hand for this lovely game. Enforcing tipping etiquette, broadcasting how much one’s tipped and tip shaming is all a bit gross. Proper I’d like to speak the managers vibes.

When I had my island open for the Turnip dramas, was just as appreciative of a x2 99k bag drop as I was if someone left a spare bike really.

I think in the vast majority of cases it’s just someone wanting to make a nice gesture to thank another forumite for helping them make a nice nip profit. Very few people here explicitly ask for a tip and very few people want to leave without dropping off a thank you gift.

Yeah tipping in the real world is full of the same navigational traps and dramas (black cab - yes, everyone in America - yes, anyone in Asia - offensive, lollipop disco guy - no,  hairdresser - no, bartender - depends on the round) 

• Upvote 1
On 14/04/2020 at 15:08, StumpyJohn said:

I've seen a spawn that was not adjacent to either of its parents, it was just one space further away though.  I remember being puzzled by it as there was space for it to have been adjacent.  I'll keep an eye out in the mornings and get a pic of any strange ones

Had a weird hybrid spawn this morning, a pink tulip appeared in an area where there are only red and yellows, nearest white was completely off screen :sherlock:

EVtk6m6UcAAz-w2.thumb.jpeg.c6d6cf2ed0738d8201d1f4f0a2185d6f.jpeg

More importantly though, I have got all the fossils now!

• Upvote 1

@NexivRed were you looking for screens/ divider type things, I have the simple panel available in my catalogue if that helps.  It can be customised including with a custom design

EVwXhd4UEAEMdxX.thumb.jpeg.dd070170cfc0cada585cc55ae2bb39b1.jpeg

Also Kid Cat gave me the recipe for pear umbrella tonight and can make you one for the zoo if you dont already have it

EVwXhdwUYAMSTIx.thumb.jpeg.46a5f9ceab4128c365fe744644ce86fb.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Thank you!! There must be peach and cherry umbrellas as well, as I have apple and orange made. They demand their own enclosure I think...

Yes, I had the screen and I ordered some more today. Hence why I ran out of orders for another camera :ph34r:

Can I say one more time...? GIVE US MORE DESIGN SLOTS!!!

9 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

Thank you!! There must be peach and cherry umbrellas as well, as I have apple and orange made. They demand their own enclosure I think...

Yes, I had the screen and I ordered some more today. Hence why I ran out of orders for another camera :ph34r:

have posted the brolly

• Upvote 1

Why is this thieving sod Nook making me pay for more bridges when I built the first one myself! Let me build another one! :lol: Enjoying this so far, missed out on my first Turnip visit because I didn't wake up before noon though :unsure: Is that the main way of making money? I need so much! I've only just got a second room in my house!

5 hours ago, NexivRed said:

I have a peach umbrella if you want it

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Ooh. I'd quite like a few of those for my graveyard. Reckon you could make me 3? What materials do they need?

30 stone each and you can customise the colours. for I think 6 or 7 customisation kits each.

I’ve had a creative session this morning and spent a lot of time terraforming the island. I’ve gone for straight angled canals instead of natural rivers to maximise usable space. 
I’ve finally found a place to relocate my house to but I won’t be finished until a few more days have passed as I need to move a villager house away from my massive new lot as well as I need to remove the first ugly log bridge and then order a new one in the very same spot. 
I find it a bit frustrating that you can only move/build one thing each day as I’ve got loads of stuff I want to do atm.

I wont be spending any time decorating my house until I’ve unlocked the bigger Cranny which should have more interesting furniture for sale. Ah well, that’s the next 100 hours sorted then.

1 minute ago, Rayn said:

I’ve had a creative session this morning and spent a lot of time terraforming the island. I’ve gone for straight angled canals instead of natural rivers to maximise usable space. 
I’ve finally found a place to relocate my house to but I won’t be finished until a few more days have passed as I need to move a villager house away from my massive new lot as well as I need to remove the first ugly log bridge and then order a new one in the very same spot. 
I find it a bit frustrating that you can only move/build one thing each day as I’ve got loads of stuff I want to do atm.

I wont be spending any time decorating my house until I’ve unlocked the bigger Cranny which should have more interesting furniture for sale. Ah well, that’s the next 100 hours sorted then.

I'm in the process of building 4 new inclines and its painful doing it one a day.  I need to redo all my bridges too :wacko:

I did unlock the nook shopping app today which was nice, hoping there is a further unlock there that increases the item order limit from 5

1 hour ago, majic said:

557 for Turnips this morning. Let me know if there is interest I will pm the code

If you could generate a code at some point today I would be extremely grateful. I try to play the nip game with only local friends so that I don't break the game but it's all gone tits up this week and everything is bad. Currently looking at a 200000 bell loss

• Empathy 1