rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

1 minute ago, moosegrinder said:

Do you just need to have seen that you've had shooting stars to get the fragments in the morning?

You need to 'make a wish' when you see them by:

Spoiler

pressing A with nothing in your hand.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Do you just need to have seen that you've had shooting stars to get the fragments in the morning?

Press A with empty hands whilst looking up. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

When you see a shooting star, press A. Do this with every star to get a lot of fragments.

• Upvote 1

I also have an issue with the controls in that it is sometimes difficult to judge the 3D. Sometimes I’m waving my net through thin air when trying to get a floating petal or catch a tarantula. It’s a bit frustrating. Also if you have a spade, and try and craft at a workstation set up outside, or shake a tree, my stupid prick of an avatar will bash the workstation/tree with his spade instead of crafting/shaking. Why would it do that? Surely nintendo know I want to shake the tree, not poke my spade at it, as it will never achieve anything.

Hopefully these plus other annoying problems like unskippable text will soon be patched. Though given the infuriating Splatoon unskippable text at the start of every game after 3 long years, my hope may be misguided. 

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 2

5 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Hopefully these plus other annoying problems like unskippable text will soon be patched. Though given the infuriating Splatoon unskippable text at the start of every game after 3 long years, my hope may be misguided. 

Along with the fact that the Switch still doesn't have the option for folders, this remains one of Nintendo's more mysterious decisions.

9 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

I also have an issue with the controls in that it is sometimes difficult to judge the 3D. Sometimes I’m waving my net through thin air when trying to get a floating petal or catch a tarantula. It’s a bit frustrating. Also if you have a spade, and try and craft at a workstation set up outside, or shake a tree, my stupid prick of an avatar will bash the workstation/tree with his spade instead of crafting/shaking. Why would it do that? Surely nintendo know I want to shake the tree, not poke my spade at it, as it will never achieve anything.

Re: smacking a DIY desk with your shovel - press down on the road to un equip. One you're done crafting, hit right or left on the d-pad to re-equip your most recently used tool.

They won't patch out the text stuff, they never have in the past. Hold B to make it go faster. Also, be patient and try to have a nice, relaxing chilled out time ;)

I'm assuming this is your first AC?

Yeah it's my first AC. If it had these problems every time I'm not sure I'd continue buying it. 

• Empathy 1

You can actually 'push' towards the DIY desk and hit the interact button, too (no need to unequip).

For AC vets, they aren't actually 'problems'.

Edit - Actuallty , as an example @the_debaser- given that you can put a DIY desk pretty much anywhere on your island, imagine how frustrating it would be if you were close to one in an attempt to catch a rare bug / fish, but because you were less than a metre away from it (and not intentionally pushing into it) you were greeted with the DIY bench options / text, while said rare thing got the fuck up outta there.

• Upvote 1

It's weird. I don't consider myself any kind of Nintendo fanboy but I'll forgive an awful lot of quirks these games have that normally I'd be annoyed with from any other company.

Regarding shooting stars, do the bits turn up on the beach in the morning? Is that right? And is there any limit on how long you can do this shit?

5 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Regarding shooting stars, do the bits turn up on the beach in the morning? Is that right? And is there any limit on how long you can do this shit?

Yes, and no. I wouldn't suggest hammering stars all night in one go, as there will be plenty of opportunity for more stars throughout the year on everyone's island.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, rule of Animal Crossing: don't cane it. I've got about 30, the next Nook milestone is 200 or some shit.

I need to dig up some trees and move them. Can anyone let me over for some fruit please? To give me the power!!!

Balls. I was really hoping I’d be able to store my clothes in the wardrobe to free up slots in storage. Why isn’t that a thing?

3 minutes ago, gingerling said:

I need to dig up some trees and move them. Can anyone let me over for some fruit please? To give me the power!!!

Big tip for this; grab coconuts from islands and plant lots of trees on the beach. I use coconuts to give me power so I can keep my fruit to sell on other islands. 
I just have done over 75 tree moves now. Maybe even 100 lol. 

AND NOW I HAVE TO DO MORE BECAUSE OF THE CUNT PLACE THE PLAZA BUILDING HAS GONE. 

Okay... and if you make a wand outfit then you can’t select those items for any other outfit? Bloody wardrobe nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

Anyone open for shop stuff?

I can open up now if you need anything. 

Edit - I am open!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

I can open up now if you need anything. 

Edit - I am open!

I’ll come in a bit if that’s ok! Not been anywhere yet today. I gotta stop trying to cram it all in At the 11th hour lol. 

You guys with loads of different coloured flowers - how have you “bred” those so quickly? I think have got a handful of hybrid coloured flowers, and I’ve got flowers all over the shop - only a couple of new ones seem to appear daily. Is there a trick to it? The tips I’ve seen suggest leave gaps, water daily and boom. New plants

2 hours ago, NexivRed said:

Yeah, and do we have to find and make all of them, or just make the ones we’ve found to get the prize?

I made all the shitty clothes, but I’ve not caught enough water eggs to come up with the recipe yet. 

Your prize for 12 days of finding eggs, digging up eggs, shooting down eggs, mining eggs, fishing eggs, chopping down eggs, and crafting eggs is MORE eggs, lots of eggs, eggs all over your museum, dinosaur room replaced by EGGS, lots of colourful prehistoric EGGS and to see bugs that are EGGS! Eggs with wings and eggs that hop, flowers that bloom EGGS!!! ALL the EGGS as you must have to love eggs to make 40 different recipes so why just not take a basket of EGGS with your prize and we’ll turn Tom snook into an egg as a bonus. Also you’ll wake up every morning with that fuckin’ demented rabbit staring down on you, forever. 

• Upvote 2

Those of you talking about controls - I'm really struggling with the tool wheel on up. Surely the bumpers should have been used instead of left/right on the dpad, then the tool wheel could have been holding a bumper and selecting with the left stick? It's not about speed 99% of the time, because I'm not stressing out, but the times when you need to switch quick, or put a tool away for a shooting star, and my thumb just won't go the right way to the dpad quickly enough!!

I assume they'll never let us remap anything? 

I'm going to add my code to the spreadsheet if that's OK. Only on day 3 so just got the museum and 3rd resident today. Its been years but after lots of hours in wild world and new leaf it's like being home haha

11 minutes ago, spanx said:

You guys with loads of different coloured flowers - how have you “bred” those so quickly? I think have got a handful of hybrid coloured flowers, and I’ve got flowers all over the shop - only a couple of new ones seem to appear daily. Is there a trick to it? The tips I’ve seen suggest leave gaps, water daily and boom. New plants

Some Nook Miles islands are filled with hybrid flowers.

1 minute ago, Laminated Tramp said:

Some Nook Miles islands are filled with hybrid flowers.

WAT!?! No way. 

Just now, spanx said:

WAT!?! No way. 

When I first started playing I went to an island full of blue pansy but I didn't realise they were hybrid :(

@Lyrical Donut your house rooms are just brilliant :D I love the little touches. The hats on the wall in the bedroom and socks on the floor.  

The bathroom and kitchen are excellent. And is your main living space a children’s pre-school?! :wub:

11 minutes ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

Your prize for 12 days of finding eggs, digging up eggs, shooting down eggs, mining eggs, fishing eggs, chopping down eggs, and crafting eggs is MORE eggs, lots of eggs, eggs all over your museum, dinosaur room replaced by EGGS, lots of colourful prehistoric EGGS and to see bugs that are EGGS! Eggs with wings and eggs that hop, flowers that bloom EGGS!!! ALL the EGGS as you must have to love eggs to make 40 different recipes so why just not take a basket of EGGS with your prize and we’ll turn Tom snook into an egg as a bonus. Also you’ll wake up every morning with that fuckin’ demented rabbit staring down on you, forever. 

Yeah....I kind of realised that the prize is going to be some sort of garish fucking egg thing isn’t it. That no one wants. Probably just a giant egg. 

Is the event really on for 12 fucking days??