Animal Crossing: New Horizons

6 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

Add me from my sig, don’t worry about fruit and tips (unless you have any furnitures with a brutalist aesethetic)

Thanks for accepting me there, that'll pay for a new bridge for Beanville!

Great island and house, puts me to shame.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Kieran said:

Will get get this sorted out today for you. Same for you @strawdonkey

Amazing thanks. Actually started whipping my kitchen in to shape now, so finishing touches will be great!

1 minute ago, grindmouse said:

I've added you if this is still open! :)

Utterly amazing island and house too. Some of you folks are so creative. 

Thanks @mikeyl

I've just got a dull Swedish pine aesthetic. 

20 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

Are the cherry blossom petals you can catch worth keeping for anything (a DIY recipe?), or are they just for selling?

Keep them, I have 3 or 4 recipes so far that use them some of which need 10 petals

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know if when you give an umbrella to a neighbour, will they use it or will it just clutter up their house?

Post-Ables spoiler:

Had a nice surprise in that one of my favourite neighbours was wearing one of my designed shirts today! She must have got it from Ables because I put it on sale there yesterday. However it doesn't suit her so I hope she doesn't wear it forever!

In other news, its finally happened. I have been forced to take on a neighbour who seems like a bit of a knob. Sabotage will definitely be in order!

I'm starting to get properly organised. I hate my island being a mess.

First job was to deforest a plateau so I can move my fruit trees into one place

The trees are all moved now and I've started a small nursery for new growth in a small area that's now free. As the trees grow they'll be moved to the orchard space. I'm going to designate a different area for regular trees. Haven't decided where yet. Depends on how much control I have tomorrow.

I'm going to eventually pay to move all the animals to the eastern side of the island in small village and keep the western side for myself and facilities. A shrine to the dark ones is scheduled to be built near the orchard in the north east.

• Upvote 4

I find my lack of creative spark embarrassing when I visit elsewhere also. Need to do something to my island. I have been focussed on the progression so far, but I'm a long way off having it look nice.

15 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

Utterly amazing island and house too. Some of you folks are so creative. 

Thanks @mikeyl

I've just got a dull Swedish pine aesthetic. 

ha thanks, you all need to see @Lyrical Donut’s island. Blew my mind and almost facist in it’s OCD. 

1 hour ago, mikeyl said:

Have turnips for 468 and a sweet knife rack for sale. Open to friends in ten mins whilst I do some wfh

Rather than risk getting cut off by maintenance I thought I’d thank you for letting me sell my turnips here. Also, I wasn’t sure where you were so I left a tip by the left hand side of the only player house I could see.

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

Ah sorry @CheekyLee , I didn't keep my eye on the switch and it went to sleep.

No worries, it happens! I had just caught a Crawfish, but at least all the seeds I bought from your shop stayed in my pockets.

Did you start off with Katt? Quite freaky odds that you have Apples and Mums as your natives, because I have the same combination. I started with Katt and Mac, you are the first island I ever visited, and the first animal I speak to is one of my starters! Someone more mathematically inclined than I could possibly do the maths, but I'm just gonna say it's a million-to-one shot.

• Upvote 1

All you guys rocking custom designs whilst I'm still wearing the sweet striped shirt Rudy gave me.

And he's still wearing the striped one I gave him. Me and Rudy. Total bros mush!

• Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, skittles said:

Town is open if anyone fancies a visit. Have 18 fossils to trade by the museum. Take a few, drop a few nearby!

Dodo HBQKC

enjoy!

Thanks, swapped 6 this time and turned out I needed 3 of them

Didnt hang about as I got the maintenance starting soon message as I was travelling to you

11 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

Thanks, swapped 6 this time and turned out I needed 3 of them

Didnt hang about as I got the maintenance starting soon message as I was travelling to you

That was awesome. Between you and Jetman I got 5 pieces for the museum. Nice.

Does anyone have a Trex head spare..? It's for my living room. :D

Still open if anyone wants to come.

Tip for people having trouble finding other players houses: player houses show up as red on the map. Also go into your Nook phone and select Map, in there you can toggle to have the map show up whilst you're running around (which I highly recommend!).

I have a very wooded island so finding my house can be a bit tricky for visitors!

For anyone with Ables don't forget to

Use the changing room before buying off the shelf, in addition to selling stuff not on display it has colour variations for all the stuff that's on the shop floor!