Animal Crossing: New Horizons

3 minutes ago, spanx said:

Tomorrow I do paving v2. @Rob Rule, you are an inspiration :)

That's not mine, I spend 7+ hours some days drawing nature for videogames, if I did it in AC I'd go mad. 

@grindmouse, I mean the alpha channel they've cut into the image with. You'd use the eraser to achieve it.

But I gather there might be full image transparency too, judging from a post above? Not sure on that one. 

45 minutes ago, bradigor said:

I am ready to buy turnips tomorrow! Managed to pay off a loan and still have nearly 300k left over. 

I'm keeping my turnip buying sensible as I don't really want millions in the bank for fear that I lose motivation to potter about.

That said, it's early days and I can see myself getting a bit tired of selling a dozen fish for 3-4,000 total. Especially now that I've taken on a mortgage for a second room...

Just now, Mike S said:

I'm keeping my turnip buying sensible as I don't really want millions in the bank for fear that I lose motivation to potter about.

That said, it's early days and I can see myself getting a bit tired of selling a dozen fish for 3-4,000 total. Especially now that I've taken on a mortgage for a second room...

To be honest, this is more to get my home expansions to complete a project I am working on. It may work, it may not work. 

Also found out there are so many sub things I am missing, with flowers, etc. 

Is it a good idea to clear out a bunch of trees? I have put a load of fruit trees in poor positions and have a lot on the main part of the island seemingly wasting space. 

• Upvote 1

That was outrageous/hilarious. I run to @Laminated Tramp's place (with the rest of the forum) with 3 minutes to spare before the shop closes, so I don't check my wallet. Not enough bells! I run out of the shop, shout 'Money!' at everyone, Tramp drops some after working out how to do it, 1 minute to go...and then 'someone quietly leaves' (times out). When that happens, Nintendo make sure the session resets to avoid item scamming, so you get all your original inventory back. Which means he has the bells back, and we've warped to the airport. Cue another run, then a drop when I try and explain with that goddamn touch screen - 20 seconds left, he drops again, I pick up, the shop light goes out. 

:blink2:

Edit: just discovered @NexivReddropped the second lot of 10k bells, and I think you picked them up not realising backpacks reset, @Laminated Tramp. :lol: 

@Jamie John, you have time out crimes to answer for. 

• Empathy 3
1 hour ago, bradigor said:

I am ready to buy turnips tomorrow! Managed to pay off a loan and still have nearly 300k left over. 

I've given up trying to catch a Stringfish, I'll try again in November when it'll be raining all day and they should be easier to catch.

• Upvote 4

Just seen the ingame texts. Tramp, you dropped 20k but everything would go back in your pack to the state before Jamie John's visit started regardless. I dropped Nexiv's 10k after I missed the shop. 

2 minutes ago, Rob Rule said:

Just seen the ingame texts. Tramp, you dropped 20k but everything would go back in your pack to the state before Jamie John's visit started regardless. I dropped Nexiv's 10k after I missed the shop. 

He gave me the monies, but I had to perform a sordid array of dance before he would :( 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, iknowgungfu said:

Can I ask what is the process and ettiquette aroy=und visiting other peoples islands?  I don't really have any online friends being the sad loner that I am but it sounds like you are all doing some mad stuff which I have no comprehension of yet.  I am still living out of my tent (today has been the first real sit down with the game).

I am not sure I will see all of what this offers as my normally available playtime is in the evenings so my island is primarly going to be a nocturnal one.

You can't do anything bad to people's islands unless you're a best friend, and most people are like "Yeah just take what you need."

Add people, join in when you can.

Also, people need to install the Nintendo Online app because using the phone as a keyboard is much easier than using the pad, even if the character limit is still in place.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Rob Rule said:

Pretty sure I ended on my starting bells but not to bother, my island and don’t want anybody leaving out of pocket.

4 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

He gave me the monies, but I had to perform a sordid array of dance before he would :( 

I’ve just sent the espresso maker.

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

You can't do anything bad to people's islands unless you're a best friend, and most people are like "Yeah just take what you need."

Strip mining flowers and twenty fruits is pretty annoying, though - but I guess after the first week everyone's planted all the fruit they need. 

4 minutes ago, Rob Rule said:

Strip mining flowers and twenty fruits is pretty annoying, though - but I guess after the first week everyone's planted all the fruit they need. 

You could always surround that with temporary fencing as they cant remove that. I dump all my resources on the ground next to a workbench and had to put a fence round it as half of it got swiped in 30 mins of being online!

• Empathy 1
1 hour ago, NexivRed said:

Have to say, the shop opening times is shite. It’s not going to work with my insomnia style play. 

This. I come back from work at like 10pm so on work days I can only shop for like 20 mins before I go to work (if I get time at all), and I have to dump everything in the selling box when I'm playing the most. Plus some of my residents go to bed so I can't even chat to them! Sort it out devs!

Re: designs. I tried to make some shoddy cobblestone yesterday but did the stones facing diagonally which will make tiling it nigh on impossible. Does it look naff to have a dark border around each square, that seems like the only solution without a lot of ball ache?

Warning: Do not open your gates if you are digging up spots for money trees, or fishing for rare fish. When a player loads into your island it resets stuff like golden holes and fish shadows as I've found to my cost the last few days!

Re: the notice board owl, well spotted, I was wondering what triggered that!

Question for Sunday, what time is the turnip seller around? I'm working :(

15 minutes ago, Rob Rule said:

That's a good point, actually. I guess the good etiquette would be to buy the seeds from Nook's Cranny.

• Upvote 1

People really seem to be trying to rush through this. Of course you can play however you want, but for me AC has always been about its slow paced discoveries. Giving small rewards on a daily or weekly basis. 

I shall never forget my first coelacanth in WW after 5 months of play.