dumpster

Turn your PS-Vita / PSTV into a fantastic emulation machine.

@Sprite Machine Retroarch does Master System very well as far as I know (never owned one but it plays Shinobi GG which is all I wanted )

New firmware is out today from Sony, 3.69, should definitely be avoided. Don't allow the console to auto update, see settings. Spoof your firmware to 3.69 in settings.

My install is buggered. My own fault! I messed around with config files. A reinstall didn't help, so next will be to scrub the memory card. Not hopeful though, as I'm assuming the firmware was flashed? 

I'm selling my Vita (3.68 with H-Encore) to another forumite. I want to wipe my PSN details from it but make sure he can still access the H-Encore stuff. If I factory reset, will it bugger things up for him? Or can he just follow the guide to install again?

Or is it possible to just sign out of PSN on my end and he can sign in using his? (Obviously all my official games would stop working, just the H-Encore stuff wanting to keep)

22 hours ago, bradigor said:

I'm selling my Vita (3.68 with H-Encore) to another forumite. I want to wipe my PSN details from it but make sure he can still access the H-Encore stuff. If I factory reset, will it bugger things up for him? Or can he just follow the guide to install again?

Or is it possible to just sign out of PSN on my end and he can sign in using his? (Obviously all my official games would stop working, just the H-Encore stuff wanting to keep)

Hmm googling around seems to suggest that changing PSN accounts means needing a different Vita memory card for each PSN log in.

On a hacked PsVita you could maybe create a new psn account and use this to switch to it and then remove your own account?

https://hackinformer.com/2017/06/22/account-manager-balatazar4-easily-switch-psn-accounts-vita/

Ended up formatting in the end, as it is easy enough for the new user to install again. They can always ask for advice in here should they get stuck.

4 hours ago, Vimster said:

So if you have a hacked Vita is it wise to not use your normal PSN account?

I use my hacked Vita online and don't have any issues, but you can't download your purchases from PSN, which is crazy.  However, you can download them using the app PKGJ, which is surely legal if you're downloading the games you paid for.

2 hours ago, Sprite Machine said:

Wait, a hacked Vita can't download legit purchases from the store? I thought the hack was basically a 'sideload' of sorts, and wouldn't affect that? :huh:

When I was using hacked Vita stuff it was a temporary thing that got removed once the handheld was powered off; however, it relied on not installing official firmware updates, and I think if you go online to use the store it checks for updates.

I've got h-encore, which (like henkaku before it) has to be re-run every time you power on from a full shutdown. And I've got got firmware spoofing turned on, so I should be able to connect to PSN.

But if I still can't actually download my legit purchases then that puts me at an unfortunate crossroads: I either lose the advantages of an unlocked system, or I get pushed further away from legit purchases.

I don't particularly want to go seeking out hacked versions of games I already own, tempting me with ones that I don't. If true, I feel this is shortsighted on Sony's part.

4 hours ago, Sprite Machine said:

I've got h-encore, which (like henkaku before it) has to be re-run every time you power on from a full shutdown. And I've got got firmware spoofing turned on, so I should be able to connect to PSN.

But if I still can't actually download my legit purchases then that puts me at an unfortunate crossroads: I either lose the advantages of an unlocked system, or I get pushed further away from legit purchases.

I don't particularly want to go seeking out hacked versions of games I already own, tempting me with ones that I don't. If true, I feel this is shortsighted on Sony's part.

As far as I know, if you use h-encore or henkaku then you can download your games from PSN as long as you have fully powered down first , clearing the hack from memory.  If you use Enzo, you have a permanent mod so you can't download from PSN, but you can use PGKJ to get your downloads. I can see how it would be against the law to download games from PSN using PKGJ as long as you already previously paid for them.

Lots of people taking advantage of the community by offering software with roms on via a cloud server. 

Piretrogaming in particular. £160 for an android box with access to a frontend. Sorta missing the point, its like the hacked Amstrad sky box cards all over again. 

After only being interested in my hacked Vita playing unavailable PSP games (Outrun C2C, RR2 etc) I caught a video about HomeBrew Browser, wow! Fabulous little repository. Chock full of interesting stuff and a piece of cake to install things. Just trying out AM2R. Wish I'd checked yesterday before blowing £40 on an 8bitdo SF30 and xtander clip for my phone. Oh well suppose my S9 will play F-Zero X and Wave Race 64 better. HBB Highly recommended.