rllmuk
Down by Law

Streets of Rage IV - PS4 / XB1 / PC / Switch - Out Now!

Now I want a Switch port of Guardian Heroes.. :(

• Upvote 5

This has got to be better played handheld on the Switch surely?

Perfect.

• Empathy 1

41 minutes ago, Pug said:

This has got to be better played handheld on the Switch surely?

Perfect.

Switch yes. 

But docked with M30 pad surely?

• Upvote 1

Ah nevermind, it's coming to Gamepass.

Xbox it is then.

Fingers crossed the switch version is done well. I've gone from mildly interested to full on hyped since the last trailer. 

I never played it but the three-plane method of handling depth looks clunky compared to the traditional belt games. The whole game essentially pauses while sprites jump between them.

I might recommend playing it before writing it off ;)

The plane-jumping is a compromise in order to give it full fighting-game-level controls, with jumping and ducking on the d-pad (and special moves inputtable without moving towards or away from screen). It also generally makes attack range a lot more readable than a lot of brawlers; no missing attacks because you're a pixel away on the z-axis, which I quite appreciate.

• Upvote 5

Do we know if there are alternative routes through the game? That was one of the things I liked about the SOR Remake.

Should be: "a cop and a professional dancer who’s not afraid to clean up the streets... and clean out your credit card."

On 20/04/2020 at 09:08, Down by Law said:

@Goemon check out these combos :wub:

Oh man these look tremendous. Interesting that the Axel combo uses a wall bounce, wonder if this is specific to location or based on the screen border?

Has this been confirmed as online multiplayer?

• Upvote 1

Can't believe he said that "So, I tried different things in my attempt to “get” the character. My point of view is that she’s a strong, independent woman — a cop and a professional dancer who’s not afraid to clean up the streets in a tight skirt."

I guess it's because there must have been a lot of backlash against it.

Picked this up for the Switch via Limited Run. I’ll wait a few more months to play this as a new streets of rage deserves to be played as a full physical release. 

I'll pick up the merge games version when it eventually comes out, but I can't wait. Sneaky Sega got me to double dip with Sonic Mania and I'll have to do it again here. 

19 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

Is this under embargo until tomorrow? Need some switch impressions...

Embargo is up later today I believe. Im waiting to see if I pay for the Switch version or make do with it on gamepass.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, The Mighty Ash said:

Embargo is up later today I believe. Im waiting to see if I pay for the Switch version or make do with it on gamepass.

Switch version is my only option so praying it's good. 

Yes, review embargo ends today at 5PM CET (so 4PM UK time) :) 

I got it on PS4 last night and couldn't resist playing straight away. Have to remain tight-lipped until this afternoon of course, but let's say it got quite late when I went to bed... :wub:

• Upvote 1

This is like Christmas come early. Streets of Rage 4, along with Shenmue 3, were the two games I wanted most but never thought they would come out. And here we are. I never buy digital games if I can help it but i'll be up at midnight smashing through that first stage no problems .

My review won't be done this afternoon (far too soon barely 24 hours after receiving the game code), but AMA on this game from 4PM UK time :)

• Upvote 2

Please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good etc etc........

• Upvote 1