Streets of Rage IV - DLC on the way

• Pob changed the title to Streets of Rage IV - DLC on the way
17 hours ago, Ran said:

Middle shadow looks likely to be Max. I wonder who the last character is, maybe Shiva?

Anthopants (world record speed runner for SOR2 and all round SOR4 fanatic) agrees with you - he thinks Max & Shiva. 

He also speculates that the 'nightmare' is taking place inside Xan's mind, and that the new areas we see are battle/Survival mode stages set in a sort of VR reality. A shame if there are no new areas for the main game, but understandable. 

It does look like all the new moves and characters will be available in the main game though, of course :)

It looks like some kind of survival / score attack based mode as all the new areas are enclosed spaces. Still gonna absolutely rinse it mind. Just hope Max still has his jumping backbreaker from SoR2 *KIRSHKKKKK*

2 hours ago, Arn X Treme said:

Do they give the DLC away with game pass or do it cheap?

No and no. And if you buy the DLC, and they take the game of gamepass you lose access till you buy it.

On 09/04/2021 at 17:05, LaveDisco said:

No and no. And if you buy the DLC, and they take the game of gamepass you lose access till you buy it.

You get 10% off any dlc that's for a GamePass game. Not much but it's there.

1 hour ago, merrychan said:

I absolutely adore this game.

However I can't activate my star power anymore, despite having many stars...R just does nothing anymore....anyone else had this bug with a save game?

By default it's Y+B / Tri+O. Try doing that.

On 11/04/2021 at 14:21, merrychan said:

I absolutely adore this game.

However I can't activate my star power anymore, despite having many stars...R just does nothing anymore....anyone else had this bug with a save game?

This is an option you need to turn on. I just saw it when I was fannying about.

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to have another crack at this last night, having watched a couple of perfect / speed run videos. Going to state the obvious and say its still completely amazing. Never been one for game music, but the music in this is astounding. Just perfect. 

I've always just button mashed my way through my way through it and accepted taking loads of damage. I've started being a bit more clever about it and watching what the enemies do, rather than just steaming in. Which has added a new lease of life. Can't stop trying to jump in on the topless baldy fellas and keep getting swatted out the air. I never think to use the life draining special thing though, does everyone else? 

Yeah I've always been terrible at beat em ups because button mashing like a cack handed dolt had always been my style, but the way the techniques work for each enemy is really plain to see in this. Doesn't mean the games easy but I'm seeing how I should play instead of being a useless twat.

2 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

I never think to use the life draining special thing though, does everyone else? 

They are pretty important in this game. I mean you can play and barely use them, but they are the key to getting big combos, and they are so powerful that it makes the game easier once you get the hang of using the specials and refilling your energy.

25 minutes ago, kempstar said:

They are pretty important in this game. I mean you can play and barely use them, but they are the key to getting big combos, and they are so powerful that it makes the game easier once you get the hang of using the specials and refilling your energy.

Hmmmm.... I'll have to look into that further.

3 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

I never think to use the life draining special thing though, does everyone else? 

I didn't when I started out, but the way this game lets you regain that life by doing a bit more damage shortly afterwards makes them an essential part of play. I occasionally use them in the old-school panic button mode, but mostly use them as a way of bouncing enemies so you can get a further combo in on them, which means you pretty reliably regain the life straight away.

It's especially important against the harder-to-hit bosses, such as the Y twins or Max. You've got to make each breakthrough really count.

I rarely use star moves, though, due to a mixture of wanting to keep the score bonus, and forgetting they're a thing.

An opportune moment to mention that all four soundtracks are on Spotify now - I knew the most recent game has been up there for a while but I’ve only just discovered the others myself. 

Just going to still all of them on a non-stop loop so Yuzo Koshiro gets some royalties.