16 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

...was wondering about digital this year, is there any pluses over disc version? 

Not having to get off the sofa to change the discs over?

As far as I'm aware, the disc version is exactly the same as the standard version (cheapest version in the PS Store). 

The middle version on the store gets you 3 days early access, plus some UT stuff for an extra £20, but also to the detriment of not being able to trade the game in when you're done with it.

I'm going with disc for now after buying 18 digitally. If the BAP league gets going and it looks like it will run for the whole year until 20 I'll trade in the disc and go digital.

I’d never buy a football game on disc, it’s just easier digital and trade in wise they are never worth fuck all unless I traded it shortly after buying and then I’d end up buying again at some point, false economy imo.

Thanks for the assist advice. I was just curious if I was missing something. I just can’t see what you guys clearly do. I’m not trying to be a wind up, I know it sounds like that, I just really don’t get it I guess. 

The game definitely is fun but it seems like a really shallow arcade thing to me and seems like it plays itself a lot of the time. It’s odd because I know some of you feel PES is like that so I suppose it’s what you’re used to. 

A lot of it is probably because I’ve been away and don’t have the knowledge but I’ve played loads of fifa in the past. I really want to get back into it as it beats PES everywhere except the gameplay for me so I’d love to get past that. I might pick it up when it drops in price like I did last year. I enjoyed a few games of that on manual but always felt I was making too hard at times. I’m so used to PES that manual is a nice option there and seems less of a gap from the default assists. In FIFA the gap from the defaults is huge so happy to stick with them if that’s what most do. 

• Downvote 1

15 hours ago, gooner4life said:

I’d never buy a football game on disc, it’s just easier digital and trade in wise they are never worth fuck all unless I traded it shortly after buying and then I’d end up buying again at some point, false economy imo.

I'd have traded 18 pretty quickly though and made some of my money back vs. it just being sat on my PS4 HDD still. I wouldn't have bought it again.

I normally get back at least £20 for my copy a couple of months before the new one, I keep myself fresh and appreciate the sequel more. It will work out £30 for my Ultimate Edition of '19, so it will likely only have cost me £10 by the time I ditch it in June. Digital is way overpriced and doesn't give flexibility. 

On 14/09/2018 at 11:31, Timmo said:

I'm just looking forward to the start of Ultimate Team. Those first few weeks, where you're using players from smaller leagues and learning the game, are just the best.

Errr...

• Empathy 2

Ah balls, I just tried using my dev kit at the office to see if I'd be able to join you in BAP from there but it doesn't want to play retail disks. Boooo Sony :(

Right that's me done as any on clubs, I'm going back to controlling just 1 player. Div 3 is out of my league :D Surprised we won the last game so convincingly :blink2:

Just need the new Fifa to come out now so I can carry on back in div 10 for someone else to take over as we get higher up :D

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Any PC players, Origin Access Premier has the full ultimate edition included and the early access has started, no 10 hour limit just full Fifa 19

Does the full game have HDR? (demo didn't on PC). Tempted to try it for a month and see if I can get into it. Would be curious to know what the differences are from the demo.

7 minutes ago, Pockets said:

Does the full game have HDR? (demo didn't on PC). Tempted to try it for a month and see if I can get into it. Would be curious to know what the differences are from the demo.

It does on console, not sure on PC as it’s not connected to my 4K tv it’s my sons gaming rig, he’s got a 4K monitor but uses that for PS4 pro and his PC is on a 1080p gaming monitor.

If it does it doesn’t have any options to turn on or off on the launcher, it’s quite basic, fixed settings, can turn AA up or down or off and set it uncapped FPS or a locked 60.

Cheers, sounds the same as the demo then. I don't think they do it on PC. Last year's didn't have it, I didn't realise that it did on console last year.

I read the Eurogamer review which I agreed with based on the demo, not sure how the main game might be different but it sounds like a lot of my 'issues' are still there and are essentially just due to taste really. It's all very flashy and well done but spectacular moments lose their sheen when they happen five times a game. To be fair, the way I play they don't usually, but I do always feel like I'm meant to be going for the flash in FIFA.

I'll definitely try it out at some point though, I always do and usually enjoy it on some level. 

That’s just your own snobbery toward Fifa and going into it with these pre-conceptions.

I’ve played thousands of games since 17, I don’t know what these flashy moments are that you speak of, but most people got sick of the possession grind that meant games were very slow and tight on 18 once they patched the defending and goalkeepers at least and when you were playing at a high level in fut champs.