IGNORED

Planetside

Guest Penguin_Lad

Guest Penguin_Lad

Argh. ARGH! ARGH!

This destroyed my day yesterday. After a massive 1.5 gig download, and an hour of patching I got to grips with it.

Not bad at all, for free! Has anyone else played it/tried it?

I tried a free trial of this ages ago (luckily it came on a DVD!), but only played for about half an hour. It looked like it could have potential but the community I encountered wasn't all that friendly. I was completely ignored and hence, had no idea what to do. Managed to get myself onto a ship, got into a fight, died and had to respawn miles and miles away. Didn't play it again.

Guest Penguin_Lad
I tried a free trial of this ages ago (luckily it came on a DVD!), but only played for about half an hour. It looked like it could have potential but the community I encountered wasn't all that friendly. I was completely ignored and hence, had no idea what to do. Managed to get myself onto a ship, got into a fight, died and had to respawn miles and miles away. Didn't play it again.

You really need to play through the tutorials. I got lumbered with this one guy last night and he decided to try and drive us to some action. We almost ended up in the sea several times.

"Use the map" - "Press M".

He still didn't have a clue, and wouldn't listen to me. So once we found a base I got my own bike and shot off without him.

To be fair that is a good point. I couldn't find anyone who wanted to join a squad with me. Something which I hanker for after R63. I might look into joining a clan, but can I be arsed to pay x amount a month for it?

Guest Penguin_Lad
I wanted to try this game out, but paying for playing a game online just seems wrong. And there are better games out there. Probably.

Free for 7 days, no credit card needed for that...

Guest Penguin_Lad
Where did you download it? tried gamespy but as i'm using the free but slow download option it will take 8 hours... <_< sod that.

From fileplanet (or might have been gamespy actually cant remember now). It took me about that. I left it on overnight.

Guest Penguin_Lad

Amazingly they've "Patched" it and it's now stopped working.

Bastards. I can't even post on the discussion board because "I'm not a subscriber".

Well no chance of me being one now is there! What a stupid time to patch, just before the weekend rush.

Idiots.