rllmuk
JohnC

Shazam! - Non-grimdark DC movie

1 minute ago, Stigweard said:

Is The Rock still the bad guy in it?

Don't know if he ever was. Last I heard they were going to give him a solo movie first. So maybe Dwayne pops up in a post credit scene or something. 

Just now, Gambit said:

Don't know if he ever was. Last I heard they were going to give him a solo movie first. So maybe Dwayne pops up in a post credit scene or something. 

Ah right. I just know he's playing Black Adam so wondered how they were doing it.

Yep, that looks fucking great.

8 minutes ago, VN1X said:

That dude's face is the most generic face in the history of the universe. 

EDIT: Shazam's face I mean. 

Going by the trailer, that would appear to be exactly the point. And you missed it. By a whole a universe. :coffee:

Totally in for this. Exactly what the DC Universe needed and I really like the Captain Marvel family (The modern version anyway). I hope it does well so we can start to go nuts with sequels. The rest of the Marvels. Talkie Tawny, Sivana, Mr Mind. No Black Adam for a while though. Dude is too grimdark.

That trailer looks promising as it looks like Shazam is going to be the more optimistic/idealistic version of Superheroing that been so missing from Superman recently.

In fact, it reminds me of when the character appeared in Justice League Unlimited & came into conflict with Superman over a 'reformed' Lex Luthor. The 2 ended up coming to blows, & though Superman won, 'Shazam' (still called Captain Marvel at that time) gave Superman a dressing down over his poor handling of the situation.  This included such gems as "I worshiped you, I wanted to be you" & "I always asked myself "what would Superman do?".

If this is set in the same continuity as MoS/BvS/JL it could be a similar deal, in that Shazam becomes even more of the 'Boy Scout' ideal that Superman is.

Or at least, is supposed to be, as the opening of JL assures us.

Levi is pretty much perfect in that trailer, except that it looks like he’s wearing a muscle suit, rather than actually being buff himself.  Just looks a bit weird to me.  Other than that, I thought it was a good trailer.  He seems to have nailed coming across like a much younger character in a superhuman body, and hasn’t really shown too much of substance while getting across the tone of the film.  I mean, you only see one brief shot of the big bad in the film, and even then it doesn’t show anything of what he can do or what he’s motivated by.

Didnt think i’d be interested in seeing a Shazam film, but here I am, interested in a Shazam film.

As a massive Chuck/DC fan I was interested in this.........

then I saw that trailer. Looks awful, like sy fy channel quality. His suit is bloody terrible. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

That looks great! Literally never heard of this character before and I'm quite interested in seeing it.

I don't mind the suit - the body is not "real" after all. It looks like a bigger-budget version of Conan O'Brien's superhero outfit and I'm fine with that.

He was my main in Injustice - I think I'm invested now!

Also there's just something so cool about being able to say "Shazam" and turn into a Superhero, adds a weakness and a strategic strength to it all... As well as being badass!

On 22/07/2018 at 14:20, Nick R said:

The DCEU is no more; say hello to Worlds of DC!

Which means this thread needs a title change: "Non-grimdark WoDC movie" :quote:

fuck off mate don't help them rebrand their way out of the big bed of turds they've made for themselves :quote:

anyhoo this looks quite fun, and should pave the way for the greatest scene of all time somewhere down the road, with superman cowering before Marvel's 20 foot high package on the big screen.

19 minutes ago, Naieve said:

anyhoo this looks quite fun, and should pave the way for the greatest scene of all time somewhere down the road, with superman cowering before Marvel's 20 foot high package on the big screen.

That adequately describes the last few years of DC films.

I had a Shazam corgi toy car when I was little, must've been very early 80's. Didn't have a clue who he was then, barely have a clue who he is now. Looks fucking ace, I'm in!