16 hours ago, joffocakes said:

I remember folk suggested they'd like a horror movie fighting game from them after Freddie and Jason etc made Mortal Kombat appearances. That'd be so good. Chuck in old B-Movie creatures and some 80s action heroes.

Ed Boon posted about that on twitter a week or so ago. He did a "would you like to see this?" poll, then did a "okay, great. Now name 15 monsters we could use". 

They've already had:

Alien

Predator 

Freddie Kruger

Jason Vorhees 

Terminator 

Leatherface 

Spawn(?) 

That's 6/7, what else could they include to make up the numbers? They could go down the Darkstalkers route and have generic vampire / mummy / zombie / Frankenstein's monster type characters... 

10 minutes ago, Cheyenne said:

They would be missing an absolute trick if their Mokujin/Eleven/Shang Tsung character is anything other than The Thing.

The Thing was my first thought... or maybe T-1000 (? the one from T2)

Oh boy. So I've taken to using Sajam's LFG discord to play +R recently, as it's a better way to get sets against people of intermediate skill than just hoping for the best in unranked lobbies. I check in there today, and there's someone called "Debico" asking for a set just as I log in. I say sure and send them a lobby invite (excellent feature, btw, makes things very easy). So, I'm messing around in training mode while waiting for them to get into the lobby for a while, and before long I get the notification that they've arrived. I come out of training and see the username. My blood runs cold. It's "Cowpunk 2077". The username of EVO 2019 Guilty Gear CHAMPION Deb.

Needless to say, I lost every game. 20-0 or so in total.

I won a round though.

A single round.

I will cherish that round my entire life.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Infil has put together an impressive glossary of fighting game terms, from universal to game specific. Fun for reference or idly browsing.

https://glossary.infil.net/

There's a link to their comprehensive Killer Instinct guide too.

Edited by joffocakes
I used "to" instead of "too" and needed to fix it before I got absolutely dragged.