Plissken

Football Thread 2018/19

And a penalty to us! Until the linesman reminds Lee Mason that it's Huddersfield and he overrules himself, obviously.

To be fair there probably would've been a five minute delay as the players tried to remember who the designated taker is before it being fired into row Z. So no harm done really.

Have had BT Sport on for 10 minutes and have already heard Joe Cole and Rio Ferdinand come out with:

"Your Lampards, Your Carricks" 

"Your Willians, your Hazards,"

"Your Man Citys, Your PSGs" 

Get out of here with that shite. 

• Upvote 6

Burnley becoming a future pub quiz question today - which team won a premier league match 2-1 despite registering 0 shots on target.

Not sure that has been done before, I have a recollection of somebody winning 1-0 without getting on target, but 2 can't be that common. 

4 minutes ago, Dudley said:

That's a very, very neat goal by Pedro.

You can imagine that thru ball to an offside Morata who'd then fall over trying to control it.

Class finish.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gotters said:

You can imagine that thru ball to an offside Morata who'd then fall over trying to control it.

Class finish.

I'll answer that by saying I was at the Forest game where he threatened the ISS more than the goal from 6 yards.

• Upvote 1

The one way to tell Chelsea now apart from late-era Jose Chelsea is now they concede the fucking stupid goal AFTER they score themselves.

52 minutes ago, Gotters said:

Burnley becoming a future pub quiz question today - which team won a premier league match 2-1 despite registering 0 shots on target.

Not sure that has been done before, I have a recollection of somebody winning 1-0 without getting on target, but 2 can't be that common. 

You’ve got to admire our dedication to pushing the boundaries of shithousery.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rsdio said:

And a penalty to us! Until the linesman reminds Lee Mason that it's Huddersfield and he overrules himself, obviously.

To be fair there probably would've been a five minute delay as the players tried to remember who the designated taker is before it being fired into row Z. So no harm done really.

We were there for the taking today and you were the better team, but your players pissing about and not shooting was something to are at times.

Penalty was right in front of me - think it was the right call, but interested to see it on the 5 seconds of MOTD highlights that will get devoted to the game.

Happy to come away with a point in the end.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Ork1927 said:

We were there for the taking today and you were the better team, but your players pissing about and not shooting was something to are at times.

Penalty was right in front of me - think it was the right call, but interested to see it on the 5 seconds of MOTD highlights that will get devoted to the game.

Happy to come away with a point in the end.

Yeah, that's us pretty much! Not bad in the first two thirds of the pitch but pretty clueless in the final one and especially so now no-one has any confidence left.

The penalty would've been on the soft side, no doubt, but we get that soft penalty maybe once out of ten if we're lucky and at the other end it's probably given half the time (more if it's a top six club). That's what starts to get to you but no doubt you'll be having a bit of that yourselves this season. Particularly odd that Mason gave it and didn't seem to have much of a doubt in his mind until he was harangued into talking to the linesman (who had a worse view) by the Cardiff players. People are suggesting it was overturned due to a previous foul by our player, yet there wasn't a free-kick given either way. I can't help but wonder how much the shout you had first half played into his thinking.

Now we're almost definitely gone I'd really like to see Warnock keep you up. He's a knobhead but I think most people who've seen him do well for their club retain a soft spot for him and I've always found it quite sad how he's been a bit hard done to in the top flight.

• Upvote 1

Thank the football God somebody decided to stitch up Keys and Gray because now they're completely irrelevant and their bullshit no longer gets a decent audience.

• Upvote 1

Next week on BeIn sports is the exciting League 2 clash between Newport and Exeter.  If Keys would prefer Arsenal vs Chelsea then maybe he should use some of his own money to secure the rights, after all he presents the show. 

• Upvote 9

4 minutes ago, Naysonymous said:

Next week on BeIn sports is the exciting League 2 clash between Newport and Exeter.  If Keys would prefer Arsenal vs Chelsea then maybe he should use some of his own money to secure the rights, after all he presents the show. 

I thought they showed Prem League in other countries?

Ex Leeds Utd striker Philemon Masinga dies of cancer age 49 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46854891

I'm not a Leeds fan by any means but I still remember this guy joining the Peacocks at the same time as Lucas Radebe. Masinga didn't have quite the career at Leeds that Radebe did however I can still picturing him scoring against Man Utd on his debut (maybe not his debut but defo one of his earliest games). 

RIP Phil. 

• Empathy 1

Just now, Azrael said:

Rio Ferdinand seemed to really be defending Mike Ashley on TV yesterday, they mates or something? Was odd and very cringey. 

He sells his clothing line in Sports Direct apparently, hence the accusation from Jake Humphrey in the first place, who to be fair to him called Ferdinand out on his transparent bullshit. It was embarrassing but it’s not like Rio is a man of notorious integrity really is it, so it’s hardly surprising.

I must have missed the bit where he was called out on his clothing line. I did see, and enjoy, the part where he called him out on his hypothetical question saying how he would spend money doing up a house before selling it to ensure it's desirable. Don't think Rio had a response to that.