rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Nespresso

Maneater - Game of the Show E3 2018

Like the bit with the shark being harrassed by orcas.  They should be your most capable and twatty adverasy. 

Quite fancy it but waiting for reviews. If it gets above 6 then I might take a punt.

Some of the trailers looked fun but I watched gameplay and it looked janky as fuck

Will probably end up waiting until it's on gamepass

On 12/06/2018 at 12:08, Mr Cochese said:

Can you eat Hall and Oates in the game?

I can’t go for that

• Upvote 5

Think I'm going to wait for when/if this turns up on game pass too - it looks like a fun diversion but not worth full retail.

Aye for me this is a 70plus on MC then I will sink the dimes on it. Otherwise I can wait for it to be cheap/gamepass.

It's like a more serious version of Hungry Shark World, which my son and I put hours into and had a right laugh. That was just the right side of cartoony to not be too bad for him, whereas this looks way too gory.

I quite like the idea of just exploring underwater, tbh. It's always a fun part of any game, but you're always restricted by breath metres. 

• Upvote 1

Still no reviews, doesn't bode well. 

Supposedly the campaign is only 10 hours. 

I like that. Feel 10 hours is fine. 

• Upvote 1

On 20/05/2020 at 17:01, Doctor Shark said:

It's like a more serious version of Hungry Shark World, which my son and I put hours into and had a right laugh. That was just the right side of cartoony to not be too bad for him, whereas this looks way too gory.

I quite like the idea of just exploring underwater, tbh. It's always a fun part of any game, but you're always restricted by breath metres. 

Straight from the Shark's mouth.

Played the first 10 mins this morning - my son was addicted to hungry shark (we spent ages together getting all the collectabales ) this so so far feels like a proper 3D Verison of that.  Only did the tutorial bit but it’s not to over complicated in moves and controls - but I guess you are getting what you pay for - to be a shark and eat lots go people and animals.  Son also had a go and he was loving it laughing like loon with every kill .  Will see how it holds up when we get into the game proper 

It’s pretty bloody, don’t think there is a filter to turn it off. It’s also a bit grim at the start with your nemesis being a fairly gruesome shark hunter. 

The frame rate is pretty brutal but separate issue. 

42 minutes ago, MattKB said:

It’s pretty bloody, don’t think there is a filter to turn it off. It’s also a bit grim at the start with your nemesis being a fairly gruesome shark hunter. 

The frame rate is pretty brutal but separate issue.

What platform are you playing on?

1 hour ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

How old is your son? My 5 year old found a trailer for this on youtube and went mental for it, but my gut is that it's just a little too gory. Can you filter blood colour in the options?

mines 5 and half but gore doesn't seem to bother him and its not that bad more just red spashes   and one hand - ( so far )   will check option later about gore filter and comeback to you 

16 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

@papalazarou yes, mine is the same! Appreciate it if you could check regarding any filters though.

Doubled checked there and no filters - have a look at some of the game play vids basically that’s the level of gore in the game 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ry said:

What platform are you playing on?

Ps pro. 

Yeah no filters unfortunately.  Also having some framerate issues but it isn't hindering my enjoyment too much. Coming from Persona 5 Royal to this is a welcome change of pace, but it certainly is nothing more than Crackdown as a Shark. 

About 4 hours in and not sure I can carry on for a few days. Game is fine, just a daft bit of fun, however my incredibly irrational submechanophobia triggered and its worse than playing a horror game fresh. Honestly, I was shocked at how easily I was handling it and then boom, I was sweating! 

Combat and camera are a pain but its good dumb fun. If you are like me and are fascinated by the deep blue then it may be worth the dollar dollar, but if you also have a wee fear of metal/man-made structures underwater or are a touch thalasyphobic you may went to swim well clear. 

(F You Clankers Cavern and Rusty Bucket Bay for making me an anxious irrational idiot 20 years later)