rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
MW_Jimmy

From Software Déraciné (PSVR)

Here's that weird From Software title, it's a PSVR game and it isn't Armored Core:

Deracine is a brand new story adventure created by the renowned Bloodborne developer, From Software, available exclusively on PlayStation VR. As a spirit summoned by a young girl in a secluded boarding school, the player must prove its existence and build a unique bond with the students through clever interactions. As the mystery of the story unfolds, the spirit must use its ability to manipulate the forces of life and time to change the fate of the pupils.

It's different and Japan Studio collab so I'm Day One on whatever this is.

• Upvote 7

More details!

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/06/11/deracine-japan-studio-x-fromsoftwares-ps-vr-debut/

“This title got its start when I asked myself whether I could recreate the classic adventure game with its relaxed pace in virtual reality, giving users an entirely unique experience. SIE was interested, and I am very grateful to have them as a partner as we develop this game together.

“The result is that the concept behind the title has changed little since those initial thoughts, and Déraciné has a warm, peculiar feel to it that is completely different from anything we have done before. I’d love for as many users as possible to give it a try.”

In! So very much In!

• Upvote 3

Thanks @gospvg - hopefully this will make more people realise it exists! Previous Japan Studio From Software collaborations were pretty good!

Some people are suggesting some links to the doll in Bloodborne, but that's a little too fanciful for my liking.

From doing a narrative-led adventure thing (hopefully non-combat?) is perhaps more intriguing to me than their latest take on third-person action/adventure. It could be worth keeping an eye on. :) 

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2018/aug/06/hidetaka-miyazaki-dark-souls-deracine-fromsoftware

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is the game that has been getting all the attention since it was announced, and understandably so. Anyone who loves Dark Souls or Bloodborne will recognise a lot in it. But those interested in seeing a different side of the studio, and of Miyazaki’s fascinating creative mind, should be looking forward just as eagerly to his strange VR fairytale.

• Upvote 1

Astrobot and Tetris, not to mention my huge pile of switch games, will push this to one side for a bit. But I’m totally buying it. 

Surprised in a way how little notice this got. Presumably it's nothing too special if nobody here has got it or decided to comment on it?

I'm tempted but not desperate for it. 

Makes me think about how you could use VR to make a more observation-based detective game, like the scanning bit in Metroid Other M but not crap or the detective bits in Batman but not so handholding as to be pointless.

1 hour ago, Alex W. said:

Makes me think about how you could use VR to make a more observation-based detective game, like the scanning bit in Metroid Other M but not crap or the detective bits in Batman but not so handholding as to be pointless.

May I recommend The Invisible Hours. If you're into a late 19th century setting, a-la Lovecraft, Poe, etc, then this will be right up your street. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mansizerooster said:

May I recommend The Invisible Hours. If you're into a late 19th century setting, a-la Lovecraft, Poe, etc, then this will be right up your street. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Oooh I have this. Yet to play it.

Thats my problem with PSVR. The interesting games far outnumber the time I have to play. Thats why Switch+PSVR is the ultimate combo.