Control. Latest weirdness from Remedy.

29 minutes ago, Stavi said:

Yeah, there’s known issues with the Xbox version but a fix is in the works

Yes, my game crashes about once every hour on average. Hope to see a patch soon. It is playable but quite annoying and immersion breaking.

2 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

Does this crash a lot?  

Seems to crash a lot (ultimate edition, series X).

Yup. Its so bloody annoying and can lead to mission breaking bugs where you need to restart from previous missions from main menu. 

I have had at least 15 crashes in about 8 hours play

I watched conspiracy thriller The Parallax View for the first time, and was struck how much the brainwashing sequence was exactly like one of the psychological tests they were doing in the Bureau. Takes place in a brutalist building too!

I’m certain it must have been one of San Lake’s influences on this game. 

I’ve just started this and I’ve really enjoyed the opening 30 mins or so, I have it on gamepass series x or ps+ but only a PS4 pro, its jarring playing a 30fps game when everything else is 60 so should I shell out for the ultimate edition on Xbox?

I know nothing about this game and only played due to reward quest and watching the DF review of next gen patches!

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

I’ve just started this and I’ve really enjoyed the opening 30 mins or so, I have it on gamepass series x or ps+ but only a PS4 pro, its jarring playing a 30fps game when everything else is 60 so should I shell out for the ultimate edition on Xbox?

I know nothing about this game and only played due to reward quest and watching the DF review of next gen patches!

I thought it was 60fps on Series X?

Hartman can suck my fucking cock, I died about six times at the end of the 3rd “final form”. Just cheap invulnerability and instadeath. So I turned on God Mode, life’s too short. I was 1mm away from winning each time only for him to spawn directly on me and instantly kill me. Turned on one-hit kill too because fuck off. 

Sorry for the swears

4 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

Sorry for the swears

No apology fucking necessary. The AWE dlc is absolute dogshit. It's not only the worst of Control's DLC, it's one of the worst bits of DLC I've ever played when compared to the original game it's for. Fucking Mass Effect 2's Firewalker DLC is better than Control's AWE dlc. 

I inadvertently went into the first bit of that DLC while still in the middle of the main game. In that big dark room with him by the broken lift.

It’s the only time you don’t respawn at a control point when you are inevitably instakilled. So no way back to the main game until you’ve beaten that first shite area. Terrible oversight.

After half an hour of getting fucked off I watched a walkthrough and then it was easy, but really poor form breaking their own spawning rules like that. Never went back to that mission, and doubt I will based on what you’re saying.

There are some areas where you don’t respawn back at the control point I think. They mentioned adding explicit checkpoints like that in the ease of access patch to address some of the bullshit.

I actually didn’t mind the rest of it tbh it’s was quite interesting 

I beat this last night. For me it’s almost the perfect game. Setting, premise, sound design, graphics, gameplay, balancing, level design, suspense, narrative. Loved it. 

Don’t like my new hairpin though where’s my ponytail

Wow, wow, wow, hold on a fucking minute! The AWE stuff is DLC?! :blink: its not just an elaborate side mission that only reveals how unrewarding and frustrating it is until you are too far in to turn back? That could have been made clearer. I'm close to the end of it now but all the things that have annoyed me about it are making much more sense. It's like they decided to all but remove everything that makes Jesse such a fun and interesting character just so they could have THAT mechanic. Wank!

But will be back to the excellent main game soon enough. 

I had the exact same. It wasn't until very late where I discovered it was DLC. I could not tell you where the AWE DLC starts.

That mechanic was a nice idea but it felt underdeveloped and overused. Worse than the mechanic is the DLC  final boss, jaysus that was a struggle and not in the good way.

The DLCs should be titled 'the padding' and 'missed opportunity' This is why I never buy season passes and all that stuff, its usually (always) vastly inferior to the stuff in the main game. Really disappointed with both but at least it was free with the plus version 

5 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

I beat this last night. For me it’s almost the perfect game. Setting, premise, sound design, graphics, gameplay, balancing, level design, suspense, narrative. Loved it.

You really should get the art book, if you haven’t already, it’s an astonishing love letter to the game 

14 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

Hartman can suck my fucking cock, I died about six times at the end of the 3rd “final form”. Just cheap invulnerability and instadeath. So I turned on God Mode, life’s too short. I was 1mm away from winning each time only for him to spawn directly on me and instantly kill me. Turned on one-hit kill too because fuck off. 

Sorry for the swears

Yeah, that boss is an utter dick and I'm glad I didn't do him until I increased the regen.  It's one of those times the game pushes the "You lose" button.

26 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Yeah, that boss is an utter dick and I'm glad I didn't do him until I increased the regen.  It's one of those times the game pushes the "You lose" button.

Spoiler

1. Turn on lights again and hope you don’t get eaten while dashing. 
2. Shoot, throw shit, dodge missile attacks and AoE attacks and You Lose melee when he spawns in behind you. Whittle health down.

3. Lights out, bitch! Do it again!

4. Random wave of mooks to shoot you while you get melted by Salad Fingers.

Matchbox maze was amazing. I saved the whole clip to my hard drive. Fucking Poets of the Fall are so cheesy man I used to love that band

2 hours ago, Down by Law said:

The DLCs should be titled 'the padding' and 'missed opportunity' This is why I never buy season passes and all that stuff, its usually (always) vastly inferior to the stuff in the main game. Really disappointed with both but at least it was free with the plus version 

A lot of the time it’s also outsourced to entirely different teams, who may or may not even get the point of the game. 

7 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

A lot of the time it’s also outsourced to entirely different teams, who may or may not even get the point of the game. 

Do we know that was the case here though?