rllmuk
djbhammer

Forza Horizon 4 - Open-UK Racing

I'm working out the best way to set up an evening's racing with some friends - what's the best way to do this? Seems like setting up a 'Private Adventure' is a good option, but it looks like you can only to Team Adventure rather than us all competing against each other. Is there a way to do a series of every-man-for-himself races?

Also, if I set up a Private Adventure, can I choose a car that everyone can use regardless of whether they own it or not? And, if so, will it have my tunes/upgrades or would it be the stock version?

Private session then the leader uses the map to fast travel to a race. Then it will offer you a race in the car you are already in. Use blueprint system to modify race settings. Choose my convoy for private races. Warn your party when you are starting a race as they have to press X and A to join and have limited time. If they use LB on car select you can all drive the hosts car. 

Piece of piss. Lol.

• Upvote 1

Cheers. Will they also be able to use any tuning applied to the host car?

It'll be exactly the same car minus paintjob.

I'm advising this method as the private adventure mode is relentless and non stop. Using my method you can allow breaks between races. Also prepare for it to all fall apart at least once in a session.

• Upvote 1

They seem to have given everyone 200 free Super Wheelspins. 

Not sure how I feel about that, I’ve just gone back to this and was enjoying gradually accumulating cars and credits!

7 minutes ago, Pob said:

They seem to have given everyone 200 free Super Wheelspins. 

Not sure how I feel about that, I’ve just gone back to this and was enjoying gradually accumulating cars and credits!

No 200 free Super Wheelspins for me.

Yeah not everyone. I got SFA.

think you have to go to the in game messages to get them if that helps.

Yeah nothing there other than my business payout messages.

Hmm, seems like an official gift but not everyone got it. 

You might have to launch some kind of online session first, I certainly did. Didn’t actually *do* anything, not even sure if/what I connected to. 

19 minutes ago, hannay said:

I didn’t. Gutted. 

I feel bad now. I didn’t even want them. 

2 hours ago, milko said:

You might have to launch some kind of online session first, I certainly did. Didn’t actually *do* anything, not even sure if/what I connected to. 

Still nothing for me. Some said they only got 20, so I guess it was just a random drop?

It was a fuck up, as you can imagine the people who didn't get the 200 are a bit miffed.

• Upvote 1

Yes, entitled internet morons are losing their shit in the comments.

Meanwhile I noticed today they've edited the Sony logo off the stereo in the Ford Fiesta.

Not quite as fucking stupid as the censored songs incident but still fairly pathetic.

47 minutes ago, PC Master Race said:

It was a fuck up, as you can imagine the people who didn't get the 200 are a bit miffed.

I'm pissed off, I'm missing out on getting all those hot pants and Wellington boots.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PC Master Race said:

Haha totally missed that tweet. Couldn’t resist, I rolled them all. Got 20 million credits and a whole heap of cars. Bought Edinburgh Castle. 

• Upvote 1

lol, wish I could donate the 198 I have left then. With having the ultimate edition it seems to dole out way more cars, tat and spins than I can keep up with anyway.

Yeah I only got 20, then I discovered 20 more unredeemed 20s from July last year.

I've managed to get over 10 million credits from the first 60 spins.

How does this play with a wheel?  Is it a straight-up-arcade racer?  or does it shine with a wheel with decent force feedback and the like?

^ yeah it plays well with a wheel, it handles a bit like pgr and driveclub being in between a sim and arcade game, and the force feedback is good. There was a bug when playing with a wheel but I’m pretty sure that’s fixed now, at least on the pc version, not sure how widespread it was but I certainly had problems with it at launch.

Free Pagani Huayra waiting for everyone in their in game Message Centre. 

I’m clearly an old man now, and find the in game menu incredibly confusing, so that’s in the Horizon Life tab for anyone else wondering. I had loads of credits and free cars waiting in there for me, including a GTR and BAC Mono. 

I did the '3 laps of The Goliath in a Forza Edition car' achievement yesterday and it was awesome. I had this brilliant S2 (998-ish) Aston Martin that was very grippy. 30 minutes doing 3 laps of the map at speeds of 200mph. Felt like my eyes were going to start bleeding. I put the AI on the second toughest difficulty and came in 5th, which I was pleased with. There was lots of gradual overtaking and position changes as the computer cars and I fucked up.

• Upvote 2