IGNORED

Halo Infinite - MP OUT NOW - Campaign 08/12/21, no spoilers pls

Wallace

11 hours ago, Triple A said:

What a shot!  I would have been shouting and screaming at my telly if I had pulled that one off haha

I was quite pleased with these ones:

"That's an intimidating weapon!" Indeed.

46 minutes ago, geldra said:

Oosh nice!  That second vid espesh. 

the gun sfx (and sfx generally) are really nice in this game. I’m sure it has been mentioned previously. 

Firing the Sniper Rifle be like

q9badoei0bj51.gif

1 hour ago, geldra said:

that oddball game… 

@Fondue I haven’t got voice comms going with my headset I don’t think. 

Would voice comms be a thing in game even if I don’t have Gold does anyone know?  I’m guessing yes. 

18 minutes ago, therearerules said:

Some good ones though! Not sure if my mic wasn't working, or nobody else had headsets on? Last time party chat worked for helping rllmuk groups talk, if that's an option.

Note that voice comms are off by default in Infinite. You'll need to go to Settings > Audio and scroll down to change the setting to "Open mic". Or just get into a party, whatever works best.

I actually stopped myself from playing this evening just to give my hands a rest. Also I think controller rumble is giving me arthritis. But it makes the guns feel so good...

6 hours ago, Talvalin said:

Note that voice comms are off by default in Infinite. You'll need to go to Settings > Audio and scroll down to change the setting to "Open mic". Or just get into a party, whatever works best.

ah nice.  Thanks for that. 

Whew, got through the fracture events for this week's ULTIMATE PRIZE (Tm), which is a crap colour only the Mark VII suit can apply.

Just to confirm, if you replace a Fiesta challenge, it's replaced with another Fiesta challenge even if there's none left in the 'upcoming' pool. I didn't want to stop 5 spartan killing sprees in Fiesta, no I did not. So I swapped it and got 10 headshot kills instead which is so much easier and not reliant on outside factors  it's absurd that they're even on the same tier.

Final one was to get five killing sprees myself. That was annoying and had me swearing every time someone randomly  pulled a rocket launcher out of their arse, but did it after a few hours.

My timing was poor last night in terms of teaming up with some of you! Had a few rounds with my son which was fun but was then too late to accept the invite so apologies.

Also, hope you didn't mind me gategrashing your game quite late on,  @Yiggy

3 hours ago, Boothjan said:

My timing was poor last night in terms of teaming up with some of you! Had a few rounds with my son which was fun but was then too late to accept the invite so apologies.

Also, hope you didn't mind me gategrashing your game quite late on,  @Yiggy

No problem at all. Always happy to get shot in the face with a mukker by my side. 

2 hours ago, Boothjan said:

For someone who is generally appalling at CTF, I did lots of punching of air after this.

Smashing opponents in the teeth with the flag or the skull never gets boring. 

58 minutes ago, Oracle said:

Anyone with an LG OLED having flickering issues when playing this?

I did actually and set the allow ycc 4:2:2 option on the dashboard and it was fine after that.

I kept meaning to see what the problem was but forgot.

This is brilliant, it seems to be tuned to my level of ability.  I am 42 and haven't played a competitive FPS for years as I normally get creamed in millisecond by hyperactive, dead eye kids.  However the slower, more tactical pace of this means I am normally finishing a game with health K/D ratio.

7 hours ago, Kayin Amoh said:

Whew, got through the fracture events for this week's ULTIMATE PRIZE (Tm), which is a crap colour only the Mark VII suit can apply.

Just to confirm, if you replace a Fiesta challenge, it's replaced with another Fiesta challenge even if there's none left in the 'upcoming' pool. I didn't want to stop 5 spartan killing sprees in Fiesta, no I did not. So I swapped it and got 10 headshot kills instead which is so much easier and not reliant on outside factors  it's absurd that they're even on the same tier.

Final one was to get five killing sprees myself. That was annoying and had me swearing every time someone randomly  pulled a rocket launcher out of their arse, but did it after a few hours.

I just came here to complain about the final one! 5 killing sprees is tough in a gametype that random. Yes you have power weapons, but so do they! I have had an annoying number of 4 kill runs only to catch a rocket in the face seconds later 😥

9 minutes ago, Andy_Why said:

I just came here to complain about the final one! 5 killing sprees is tough in a gametype that random. Yes you have power weapons, but so do they! I have had an annoying number of 4 kill runs only to catch a rocket in the face seconds later 😥

I’m on this one now. I had it earlier and got to 2 then binned it, got the 5 double kill one instead. Finished that and then got the sprees for the ultimate one 😩

I’m crap with the sniper rifle so I swapped ‘kill an enemy Spartan with a sniper rifle’, and got ‘kill an enemy Spartan with a sniper rifle without zooming in’ instead. 

😐

I’m improving. It’s slow, but it is happening. 

I did something cool that I was going to post here but the theatre mode seems broken. Even though it’s definitely the match I was in (and I’m in the team on the preview page), I’m not actually in the game when I watch it back. 

it’s very confusing. 

Possible dumb question. If I run the cloud version on the Xbox One, what version of the game will I get? Just want to try it out on the TV, before installing to PC. 

13 minutes ago, Shook said:

I’m improving. It’s slow, but it is happening. 

I did something cool that I was going to post here but the theatre mode seems broken. Even though it’s definitely the match I was in (and I’m in the team on the preview page), I’m not actually in the game when I watch it back. 

it’s very confusing. 

Try skipping between players. It bizarrely by default swaps to random ones throughout playback without user input, but if you pause it when it does you can swap back to any other player in the list.

10 minutes ago, Benny said:

Try skipping between players. It bizarrely by default swaps to random ones throughout playback without user input, but if you pause it when it does you can swap back to any other player in the list.

Yeah I’ve tried that. I’m not there. A player that is in my place is but it’s not me. I can’t find a player who was doing what I did and I remember it clearly. It’s really weird. It’s def the ‘right’ film. I also can’t watch many of the other films, I just get an error 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Kryptonian said:

I did actually and set the allow ycc 4:2:2 option on the dashboard and it was fine after that.

I kept meaning to see what the problem was but forgot.

Thanks. I've reseated the hdmi cable and it seems to have stopped doing it but I'll give that a try if it happens again.