VN1X

E3 2018: Nintendo E3 Direct - We Hope You Like Smash

Conference Review  

310 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The things I'm most interested in (Metroid 4, Bayo 3, Star Fox Grand Prix) might all be skipped if they're not 2018 games. Those will make or break the Direct for me.

7 hours ago, QuackQuack said:

A proper Animal Crossing on the Switch, please, please, please.

If this is announced, I'm finally getting a Switch.

27 minutes ago, Hylian said:

I'd be really surprised if we don't see Odyssey DLC. 4 new kingdoms for £11.99.

I'm betting they'll save them for a sequel at this point - Odyssey 2 in 2019/20.

6 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

I'm betting they'll save them for a sequel at this point - Odyssey 2 in 2019/20.

Yep that's the other possibility.

7 hours ago, Vemsie said:

The things I'm most interested in (Metroid 4, Bayo 3, Star Fox Grand Prix) might all be skipped if they're not 2018 games. Those will make or break the Direct for me.

Same here. Especially Metroid Prime 4 - I really hope they show something, even a short teaser to give an idea of what they're going for.

7 hours ago, Vemsie said:

I know what you mean. I'm anticipating that we won't see them at this e3, but there will hopefully be enough shown to make it a good conference regardless. At least we know that Metroid and Bayonetta are definites for some point in the future. 

A new F-Zero or Waverace would be lovely!

I just hope the Star Fox GP rumours are true and that they have it available for the treehouse content.

I expect them to show some brief gameplay footage of MP4 but that's almost certainly 2019.

Obviously smash will be the focus. Desperately hoping for some Pikmin 4 news but it ain't coming...

Hopefully there will be something really random like a Rare Replay shadow drop for Switch or Goldeneye remastered. 

I think Metroid Prime 4 and Star Fox Cars will be shown at some point. 

Given that most of the Splatoon expansion has now leaked, I wouldn't be surprised if it was available to play immediately after the conference.

Anyway F-Zero something something wishful thinking.

Some gameplay of Prime 4 followed by a 2019 date and a “to make the wait easier, Prime Trilogy HD is OUT NOW!” would be nice.

Followed by a new F-Zero and a proper Animal Crossing.

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Goldeneye remastered. 

Wasn't that pretty much impossible because of the rights being divided between 10 or so companies?

I predict there will be a slightly overlong character reveal trailer for Smash, focusing far too heavily on those that were bound to be in it and on some utterly charmless dude from Fire Emblem.

Hyped to fuck despite this, of course.

I’m really hoping that they show at least some footage of Metroid or the Star Fox game. Not showing either of those would make their show very disappointing for me.

To absolutely take the roof off, they could also announce a proper new AC for the Switch. Ever since the release of the mobile version I’ve been concerned they’ll not do one, which would be a massive mistake I think. AC is a system selling title imo.

Really hoping for SF GP as well. I never knew I wanted this, but with Retro behind the wheel it should be something cool and could work just as well as Mario + Rabbids did.

2 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Same here. Especially Metroid Prime 4 - I really hope they show something, even a short teaser to give an idea of what they're going for.

I reckon they will as they've got nothing to lose. We already know it's on the way and isn't likely this year. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Wasn't that pretty much impossible because of the rights being divided between 10 or so companies?

God only knows. Cash usually makes these things happen though. 

1 hour ago, Super Craig said:

Surely it's just Nintendo and whoever has the licence just now?

GoldenEye was made by Rare who are now owned by Microsoft, and I think Activision had the Bond licence at the time of the remake which they made a few years ago before the rights were finalised, at which point an agreement couldn't be reached, footage  from it was leaked, youtube link below. 

https://youtu.be/RRRuhviJGMQ

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, ann coulter said:

God, Metroid Prime Trilogy with gyro aiming would be such an easy, wonderful and crowd-pleasing thing to do. Which means they'll never do it.

I was thinking exactly that, would be awesome.

2 minutes ago, RaoulSilva said:

GoldenEye was made by Rare who are now owned by Microsoft, and I think Activision had the Bond licence at the time of the remake which they made a few years ago before the rights were finalised, at which point an agreement couldn't be reached, footage  from it was leaked, youtube link below. 

Heartbreaking to see that. :(

1 minute ago, RaoulSilva said:

Nintendo were the ones who supposedly stopped the 360 version coming out. If they published and funded the original then they probably have more of a say than Rare.

I'm curious how many more Wii-U games make the jump to Switch. There isn't that many left that are worth porting. 

NSMB-U

Pikmin 3

Mario 3D World

Wonderful 101

Xenoblade

Mario Maker

I'm sure I've left out a few but given that they've brought so much of their best Wii-U games to Switch it almost feels like it'd be a shame to stop now.

• Upvote 1