Cyhwuhx

Tetris Effect - Mizuguchi does Tetris

“They must be desperate - VR is doomed!” etc.

At first I thought it was silly but then I considered how engaging a marathon Game-A session can be... It might just work.

It shouldn’t be possible to better Rez Infinite but those visuals already look sublime even without VR. Also, it’s Tetris from the maker of Lumines so critics may as well hand out the tens right now.

• Upvote 1

I watched the trailer and got the immediate horn. It gave me surprising Child of Eden vibes too.

• Upvote 1

Just been playing Sega Rally Championship and saw this thread. Reminds me how much I love everything this guy does. Day 1.

• Upvote 1

Not sure how a trailer for Tetris can give me goosebumps.. but that just did! 

Day 1

• Upvote 2

So yeah I've just watched a trailer for a new Tetris game 4 times now. Can't say I'd have seen that coming a few hours ago!

• Upvote 2

Quite a lot of asset reuse from child of eden on show but that's not really an issue. Mizuguchi has dedicated the last 20 years of his career to pursing synesthesia in games and with this game being inspired by Tetris Syndrome having him as director feels like a natural fit. 

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 2

Tetris is up there with the best games ever, Rez is too - I mean, jeez that looks incredible. It I dont have VR so wonder if I’d miss out on the full experience!?

• Upvote 2