Jump to content
rllmuk
Hitcher

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Recommended Posts

Yeah, the Animus stuff is by far the worst aspect of these games (from a lore/storytelling point of view). It doesn't help the main character who's name I can't remember is a complete arsehole and I wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

 

They are mercifully few and far between

 

 

Here we go, 36 hours in, lv27

 

boom, interacting with tat... more emails and voice messages I’ll never read or listen to...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SeanR said:

there are real-world bits? :blink:

 

You can count them on one hand. They’re short (you don’t need to read the emails), and they’re tens of hours apart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I basically take all the nice options when I can.  I ought to go back and check on her because I have a feeling no matter which I chose it was never going to end well in the long run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

spoiler alert

 

when the game throws you moments like knock-down drag-out fights, with mercenaries, like this

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

50 hours in, lv35

 

still hating the scaling enemies, I've turned it down to "light", and I'm in exploration mode.

 

also, how does the mercenaries list "work"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't got a scooby. They just show up, you kill them, you move up the ranks. 

Also I wish I'd put it on Exploration about 40 hours ago. 

Does anyone know if there's a way to make upgrading old gear to current level not cost a fucking fortune? I've got a gold set of poison shit that I'd love to use but It would wipe out all my materials.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I haven't got a scooby. They just show up, you kill them, you move up the ranks. 

Also I wish I'd put it on Exploration about 40 hours ago. 

Does anyone know if there's a way to make upgrading old gear to current level not cost a fucking fortune? I've got a gold set of poison shit that I'd love to use but It would wipe out all my materials.

 

It's months since I played - but IIRC when you get the last bit of a set it all auto updates.


Otherwise it costs a lot...you don't need to do it "every level" but it is pricey

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really into this now after initially not feeling it... currently level 29.

 

The graphics are beautiful, but the only thing that lets it down is the animation, that feels pretty janky and awquade after Red Dead. I hope the next title or next gen really nail this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a bug in a quest where I have to follow Pors..something on an island but he won't move.

 

It's part of the Tales Of Greece content. I take it I can still complete the game without doing any more of the ToG quests?

The previous save was over an hour before this point and I can't be assed to redo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One trophy left for the platinum...

 

Upgrade the sodding ship. Need about a billion wood. Might fail at the last step :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spanx said:

One trophy left for the platinum...

 

Upgrade the sodding ship. Need about a billion wood. Might fail at the last step :(

 

You don’t need the maximum level for the trophy, the first gold level unlocks the trophy. Merchants normally have lots of wood for sale so visit them all and buy every bit of wood they have, dismantle weapons you don’t use and you should have enough for all the upgrades.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, SeanR said:

50 hours in, lv35

 

still hating the scaling enemies, I've turned it down to "light", and I'm in exploration mode.

 

also, how does the mercenaries list "work"?

 

Yeah, the only thing I dont love about this game are just that. 

 

Protip for the frustrated: climb on top a tall buildings/mountains and Sparta kick people to their deaths. Whenever I get swarmed or attacked my multiple mercenaries I send them flying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Stevie said:

 

Yeah, the only thing I dont love about this game are just that. 

 

Protip for the frustrated: climb on top a tall buildings/mountains and Sparta kick people to their deaths. Whenever I get swarmed or attacked my multiple mercenaries I send them flying.

 

waaaaaay ahead of you. Quarries work best, but also seafront properties

 

Spoiler

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That move where you assasinate and teleport to them is ridiculous. Even if it doesn't kill them in one go, chain to another then chain back. So good. The Sparta Kick is one of the most satisfying moves in anything ever, also the shield break where you take it off them and twat them with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been loving this since launch. I’ve been basically powering through the story and doing the odd side mission here and there. Just checked and I’m right at the end. :(

 

for those that have completed it I haven’t done any of the dlc stuff and only seen 1 mythical thing. Do you just carry on and mop up and work up to killing the cult?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been killing cultists along the way.

Just finished the Pankration and have 6 Cultists left.

 

Love killing Cultists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ryodi said:

 

You don’t need the maximum level for the trophy, the first gold level unlocks the trophy. Merchants normally have lots of wood for sale so visit them all and buy every bit of wood they have, dismantle weapons you don’t use and you should have enough for all the upgrades.

 

Oh thank fuck for that. 

 

Ok, platinum is still on then! Not sure whether to go for the DLC yet, or give something else a go. Maybe something that doesn’t demand so much attention. Like MH: World

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SeanR said:

I like the music on the cultist menu screen

 

 

 

Both haunting and intriguing at the same time. 

 

Man I would kill for an Assassins Creed game that takes place in Rome during Caligula or Nero. The whole concept of cults could be taken to a whole new level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Platinum get!!

 

loved it. Feel like I *should* play something else but still really enjoying the world, characters and sheer joy of fighting. DLC is a bit of a no brained but a short break might be a good idea. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.