Minion

RLLMUK Driveclub Weekly Time Trial Challenge 2018

5 minutes ago, SeanR said:

both London shows? Fan club seating or fc standing? Asking for a friend...

Both fan club nights, sitting night one and standing night two 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, PearlJam said:

Both fan club nights, sitting night one and standing night two 

yeah, I think she's doing the same...

anyhoo!

Well that last challenge was great. I played it a shitload a today (good thing to do between World Cup matches) but couldn't quite get top thanks to a bloody quick time by Pearl Jam. There were some bits where you had to be really aggressive and then parts where you had to be really smooth, definitely an interesting car/track combo.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, labarte said:

Well that last challenge was great. I played it a shitload a today (good thing to do between World Cup matches) but couldn't quite get top thanks to a bloody quick time by Pearl Jam. There were some bits where you had to be really aggressive and then parts where you had to be really smooth, definitely an interesting car/track combo.

Thanks, you certainly kept me on my toes, great driving 

• Upvote 1

Didn't get as much time on the last one, what with the World Cup starting. Don't think I could've made up enough time to make a difference to the standings anyway.

I like the new track and car combo. Had a brief session and there's plenty I need to learn.

Well the results are in for week 3 and we have a new player who absolutely stormed into first with a marvellous time, well done @PearlJam great driving and welcome to rllmuk, the second cuntiest place on the internet (is that right)? @labarte got bloody close there was only 500'th of a second in it. But awesome driving by everyone, remember it's the taking part that counts as you are really only racing against yourself and for the fun so don't get too hard on yourself, some of these guys driving is just insane!  :)

The scoreboard has been updated and here are the results:

sPcgbWL.jpg

nNbOcDT.jpg

• Upvote 3

My worst performance to far and a slide down the leaderboard. Probably giving me a true reflection of my skills. 

Hope for a bit better in this one, as it feels a bit more technical a course, which I much prefer. 

Pro tip for this challenge, I'm sure everyone has realised already but the racing line is marked out by x's on the road, I'm sure one of the insane drivers will probably tell me that they don't follow those now! But yeah I love this track it's one of my favourites.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, bradigor said:

My worst performance to far and a slide down the leaderboard. Probably giving me a true reflection of my skills. 

Hope for a bit better in this one, as it feels a bit more technical a course, which I much prefer. 

You've put in some bloody great times dude, you're skills are great.

• Upvote 1

Trying to match Spatular through that first main right hander is an impossible job, I can't quite see how he managed to get that angle and carry the speed he does :lol: 

• Upvote 2

^ it took me ages to get close to PearlJam on that part, you can break surprisingly late, it's an odd corner - staying tighter (further right) than you'd expect on entry seems to help.

• Upvote 1

Another session - frustration for about half an hour then knocked 1.5 seconds off in the space of 2 laps.

Reasonably pleased with that now. Will hopefully squeeze a bit more out, but doubt I'll bridge the big gap to the next position. Those 1.37s are almost certainly out of my league.

• Upvote 1

I can stay within .5 of a second of Spatular until I hit that middle section and then i fall behind by about 4 seconds not sure what I'm doing wrong, apart from not driving fast enough....!

29 minutes ago, Danster said:

I can stay within .5 of a second of Spatular until I hit that middle section and then i fall behind by about 4 seconds not sure what I'm doing wrong, apart from not driving fast enough....!

For me it was braking too much on the yellow corners. On the second one especially you barely need to release the accelerator (if at all?). And even the red isn't too sharp.

This week's is good fun! (See I don't always complain :lol:

im not particularly fast at the moment though.

when do we see the championship standings?