rllmuk
JohnC

Pennyworth

With Gotham ending, Bruno Heller is doing another pre-Batman show, with Danny Cannon. Pennyworth is, of course, about Alfred. He's a former SAS soldier who forms a security company and goes to work for Thomas Wayne. Set in 60s London. Premium cable network Epix has ordered a 10-episode season.

Huh, Gotham is ending? Wonder what the logo will look like.

Trying to imagine the words 'Pennyworth' in huge embossed text with guns and explosions and CIA badges coming out the wazoo

They've got their villain. Paloma Faith.

I see she has acted before, but I've only seen one thing she was in and I don't remember if she was any good.

Jason Flemyng is in. Lord Harwood, "an upper-class English gentleman who is cultured, urbane, brilliant and supremely sure of himself. However, he also holds a sadistic, cruel nature with a veneer of charm".

On 16/05/2018 at 19:50, Broker said:

:lol:

Someone got the wrong message from the Teen Titans trailer.

I've only just seen this is a thing and this is exactly what I was thinking.

A swinging sixties spy show could be fun, but the license actually makes me less interested because we'll have to watch them cram in painful foreshadowing and bat imagery at every opportunity and like most of the projects the characters have no choice but to spin their wheels because ether have to end up where we know.