If it is a mini console it'll hopefully be less absurd than the NeoGeo X, which had a £129.99 price tag and received criticisms over button quality and emulation. Wait and see, I guess.

Fuck. I have bought about twenty NG games on the Switch. Probably could have got this sorry little bastard for half the price and triple the games. I suppose I would have one more box to hide. 

• Upvote 1

If that’s it, it’s a mini arcade cabinet. 

GE presented Mr. Bader Al-Asaker with a special gold version of the NEOGEO mini, which is a product designed to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the SNK brand.

Seems a weird time to do it when the ACA NeoGeo titles have been regular releases on all three consoles over the past two(ish) years and it looks like the full catalogue will be eventually released.

3 hours ago, Revival said:

Seems a weird time to do it when the ACA NeoGeo titles have been regular releases on all three consoles over the past two(ish) years and it looks like the full catalogue will be eventually released.

Nintendo released their mini when most of the games on it were on the virtual console as well.

If the price is right, the controllers well-built and the emulation works, I'm in!

I will definitely purchase this if it has proper control pads. It will be my dream vs fighting game machine :wub:

That's not what I want. That's way too small like those little arcade cabs. You can't seriously play them for long. Needs to be like the nintendo minis.

The NeoGeo X was kind of this wasn't it?

Out of interest, is a jailbroken NeoGeo X pretty much the perfect 'modern' NeoGeo system? Basically the ability to put all of the games with a NeoGeo controller via HDMI to a TV.

Spotted this, this morning, on the old news feeds:

I must admit, I like the form factor. 

Very reminiscent of the old defender/scramble games. 

£50-£100 I reckon I’d pick one up!

EBC31195-C113-4A7F-9CD7-A852B0CDAB04.jpeg

5C97482B-3DF4-4865-938B-FA5139024692.jpeg

23000130-37FE-497B-AA49-71B7586FB447.jpeg

I wonder though if they'll improve on the underlying system that runs the games.

I've got a Neo Geo X and the emulation and video output is much worse than emulating via a Rasp Pi.

I'd like to see something more hardware based using a FPGA or something.

Cheers...

If the quality is on par with the Switch games it will be great. Sadly, it doesn't have Neo Turf Masters or Neo Drift Out so it's not as exciting to me personally as it could have been. There's no denying it's a lovely looking device, though.

I'm surprised by the game selection too, if it's true. Missing quite a few which I'd of expected to see. Not as interesting to me now becuase of it.

If the pads are of the same build standard as the neo geo cd, but with a usb interface, then its an essential purchase.

Had this been confirmed to be like this then? Because the same pictures floating round yesterday were supposedly debunked as fan art.

6 minutes ago, deKay said:

Had this been confirmed to be like this then? Because the same pictures floating round yesterday were supposedly debunked as fan art.

i hope so, as the one in this thread looks absolutely awful.

just make it like the AES, but smaller

• Upvote 1