Might make for a nice collectible, s’pose. As a functional system to play Neo Geo games on, it makes the Neo Geo X look good.

I like it, reminds me of those tabletop games from the 80's. The serious fan will already have a vintage Neo Geo, these games can be emulated on pretty much anything so I like the fact they've gone in a different direction than just a mini box like the NES and SNES. Looks fun.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pixelbark said:

What. Is. That. Button. Layout? :quote:

From what I've seen its the layout most arcades in Japan use for SNK fighters these days. Makes the controls for KoF more like SF:

LP HP

LK HK

With over 70 Neo Geo titles available on Switch (and no signs of stopping) this Mini just feels enthusiasts only. Still tempting at the right price, nice display piece no doubt, but it doesn't sound like it will be (the right price).

There's just so many other options provided by SNK themselves in recent years, especially for newer fans like myself playing many of these for the first time, with online rankings to boot.

it looks awful, and small.

why didnt they just do a mini AES console, i'd have paid double what they want for this contraption.

39 minutes ago, ulala said:

it looks awful, and small.

why didnt they just do a mini AES console, i'd have paid double what they want for this contraption.

because of the association with the Neo Geo X?

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, SeanR said:

because of the association with the Neo Geo X?

this new thing, with its screen, has more in common with the Neo Geo X.

They should have kept it simple, and the costs down, by doing the SNK version of the S/NES classic

Put ALL the games on one machine instead of this rubbish that's tempting people to buy it twice.

3 minutes ago, ulala said:

this new thing, with its screen, has more in common with the Neo Geo X.

They should have kept it simple, and the costs down, by doing the SNK version of the S/NES classic

Put ALL the games on one machine instead of this rubbish that's tempting people to buy it twice.

you could always

17 minutes ago, ulala said:

I wanted a mini version of this, officially produced!

is my spoiler broken in your quote?

As a kid who used to frequent arcades during the (late) 90s, I do want this, but I fear the retail price will eventually put me off. A shame there's been no price announcement yet.

31 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

As a kid who used to frequent arcades during the (late) 90s, I do want this, but I fear the retail price will eventually put me off. A shame there's been no price announcement yet.

The price is going to be ridiculous !