31944639_1848114408545155_68627749119459

This can't be legit, can it?

Like a listing from the worst 40-in-one MVS cart ever.

not alphabetical.

not grouped by franchise

not grouped by genre

top players golf... :facepalm:

(no neo turf masters)

And they only need 3 from each series, the first game, a middle game, normally with a change of art direction, and the last game to show where it got.

I wonder if the neo geo market will crash? (it won't)

As long as I can hack it and put Garou: MotW on it, I’ll buy it!

I’d much rather it was a mini AES though with authentic  joystick...

You don't need to hack it it's in the list at number 9. SNK's 40th Anniversary is in November so I'll say...

Release date late November, Price £129.99

If it's real it looks quite nice :) Hopefully something like that would have the right amount of "bulk" as well - sometimes these emulation devices have that "flimsy plastic shell with nothing in it" feel... (insert "but enough about the ZX Vega+" line etc)

hqdefault.jpg

neo-geo-mini.png?w=1000&h=563&crop=1

original.jpg

"It looks like a tiny arcade cabinet with a 3.5-inch screen, a built-in analog joystick, and buttons. There’s also an HDMI port for people who want to play on a bigger screen, of course, along with a standard headphone jack. Ports on either side of the Mini allow one to two players to plug in wired black and white USB-C controllers.

The Neo Geo Mini reportedly comes with 40 pre-loaded games. Fans of the fighting game genre will be happy to see it well-represented here. About five King of Fighters (95; 97; 98; 2000; 2002) titles make an appearance, along with Samurai Shodown (2, 4 & 5) and Fatal Fury (incl. Mark of the Wolves) and The Last Blade 2 Another six titles supposedly are from SNK’s run-and-gun Metal Slug franchise."

Oh, and comes with a set of stickers so you can customize your own little cabinet. Price estimated between $100-200.

Although having a working built-in screen suggests it might be even more than $200.

If the emulation's better than the Neo-Geo X from a few years ago and the price is right, I'll be all over this. Looks the part too imo.

Full (unconfirmed) games list:

The King of Fighters '95

The King of Fighters '97

The King of Fighters '98

The King of Fighters 2000

The King of Fighters 2002

Art of Fighting

Fatal Fury Special

Real Bout Fatal Fury

Garou: Mark of the Wolves

Samurai Shodown II

Samurai Shodwon IV

Samurai Shodown V Special

The Last Blade 2

World Heroes Perfect

Kizuna Encounter

Metal Slug

Metal Slug 2

Metal Slug X

Metal Slug 3

Metal Slug 4

Metal Slug 5

King of the Monsters 2

Shock Troopers 2nd Squad

Sengouku 3

Ninja Masters

Top Player's Golf

Super Sidekicks

Blazing Star

Puzzled

Magician Lord

King of the Monsters

Blue's Journey

Shock Troopers

Robo Army

Crossed Swords

Mutation Nation

3 Count Bout

Last Resort

Ghost Pilots

Football Frenzy

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bradigor said:

If it has Puzzle Bobble I am in!

That was Taito though. So I wouldn't count on it...

EDIT: Updated the post with the (rumoured) games list. No it isn't :( 

On 19/04/2018 at 18:33, Qazimod said:

If it is a mini console it'll hopefully be less absurd than the NeoGeo X, which had a £129.99 price tag and received criticisms over button quality and emulation. Wait and see, I guess.

8 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Price estimated between $100-200.

Although having a working built-in screen suggests it might be even more than $200

Oh. Still, the higher end of the estimate could be justifiable if it’s a decent product :) 

3.5 inch screen makes this whole thing very small. It looks cool, but I worry about how playable it'll be.

At least the whole neo geo x story hints that the emulation and quality will be good.

I can't even visualise the scale of this gorgeous runt. 

I'm thinking of Sellotaping a pole to a doll's hand to control the stick, mashing all the buttons at once with my fingertip and squinting at the screen via the Hubble Space Telescope. May well be the weirdest thing I've ever seen in my life and I've been to Wuhan Racist Sex Museum. 

• Upvote 3

So has this been confirmed now? I asked in the other thread but nobody replied so I assumed not. A couple of people have debunked it (as in, the design) on YouTube.