rllmuk
Capwn

The Division 2

1 hour ago, spork said:

.... the healing chem launcher which I'm hoping end game skills will make a lot more effective

I'm finding the healing chem launcher to be almost overpowered even without mods (been using since level 10 now 25). It has three charges and each charge takes ten seconds to reup. Drop it twice in cover, don't need to aim it, and you are fully healed in 3 seconds. It's insane. I love it.

• Upvote 2

On 09/03/2018 at 10:54, Larsen B said:

I don't really see the point of a sequel if it's just shooting increasingly armoured humans in New York again.

What a difference a year makes.

The environments are beautiful and the way they've managed to include huge variation is really smart, the revised enemy armour system is actually clever (such a great rush when a bit comes off and everyone just absolutely hammers some poor lad's leg) and chucking the flame launcher at enemies and seeing their own bullets set themselves on fire is never not hilarious.

There are some teething troubles but definitely not enough to sour the overall experience.

• Upvote 2

My flame turret seems far more reliable than the regular kind.

Also just got killed because my gun literally stopped shooting bullets. Died before I twigged and swapped to a different one.

What's the easy way to tell if a gun fires single rounds or is an automatic. It seems like almost everything I'm getting turns out to be single shot and I really don't suit that in this game. I'm not a gun nerd and the UI is a bit hard to read.

2 minutes ago, Flub said:

What's the easy way to tell if a gun fires single rounds or is an automatic. It seems like almost everything I'm getting turns out to be single shot and I really don't suit that in this game. I'm not a gun nerd and the UI is a bit hard to read.

The bullet symbol in the top right of the gun. Three facing vertically is auto. Single bullet is bolt action and two going diagonally is semi (one shot but don't have to reload manually).

• Upvote 3

I love having a machine gun with a 100 bullet clip. Means I can kill 4 or 5 enemies without having to reload. That and my trusty rifle help keep the baddies at bay!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Scruff said:

I've found most of the skills pretty lacklustre in this. The turrets are good - when they work. Half the time you throw them out and they explode for no reason and you have a 15 second cooldown to use them again; same for the drone. Not tried the Firefly but the description doesn't make it sound enticing. The Hive is great but the cooldown is huge. Chem Launcher is very good and very generous with cooldown time. Need to experiment with the Seeker Mines and Shield a bit more. Not tried the Pulse at all.

Really, really enjoying the game though.

4 hours ago, FiveFootNinja said:

Grr... this reduced cool down bug is starting to become an issue now I’m getting further into the game. Hope they patch it out this week!

Apparently there's been some success by removing any skill cool down mod you have anywhere and dismantling it. Not tried it yet but god it's annoying currently like you say.

14 hours ago, Hitcher said:

You guys had a run in with a hunter yet? Talk about scary.

Yep, totally scary mary!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scruff said:

The bullet symbol in the top right of the gun. Three facing vertically is auto. Single bullet is bolt action and two going diagonally is semi (one shot but don't have to reload manually).

Cheers Scruff. Massive taking a leaf out of the Anthem playbook there a little :)

• Upvote 1

Hit level 20 over the weekend and had a brief sojourn in the DZ, bit confusing with the contaminated items now or current lack of them and new rogue stuff but still bloody spooky and will get my head round it all. Sadly my lovely wife is back from her week away so god knows when I'll hit 30! 

3 hours ago, Dave White said:

Been away since Friday and can’t wait to get stuck in again. Wish Sony made a PS4 portable. Hotel tv is pants 

I sent a request to join the rllmuk clan a few days ago and have been banging on the White House door all weekend. Let me in please!

Had a proper foray into a couple of the Dark Zones last night. The fundamentals are the same as the first game but the new additions really mix it up. Running round triangulating the Thieves' Den location was pretty tense as my rogue meter climbed higher and higher. It's a really nice risk/reward mechanic that ratchets up the danger and tension by putting a price on your head but doesn't force you into fucking with other people's business if you don't want to. Kind of chaotic-neutral on the character alignment chart. And because the individual zones are smaller, once you call in da choppa there's a very good chance that wherever they are any ganking cunts rogues can reach you in time and fuck up your day.

Stat normalisation seems to have done a good job of levelling the playing field though and I didn't see any chicken-dance heal-popping bullshit like the first game descended into, although it's early days yet and apparently the YouTube/streamer crew are already bitching because their old tactics no longer work and they're finding themselves being killed by regular players. The horror! I'll be furious if Massive end up pandering to those assholes as it feels perfect as it is right now.

• Upvote 3

Yeh, saw that as well. Many many people saying the same on reddit to completely ignore them and I hope they bloody well do (apparently one producer basically said just play it, its been out two days...lol!). Just play the game and enjoy.

• Upvote 1

I'm sure mobs teleport in this. It can be the only explanation for how often I find myself getting beat over the head by some baton wielding nutcase who's come out of no where. I died about 6 times last night trying to take the Washington Monument because firing my flare gun not only alerted the control point defenders but seemed to pull every group in the zone. Of course then popping my healing drone was pointless because of the bug so i'm going to try removing all my lower cooldown gear tonight if that might be the cause.

Most scary moment so far though was coming out of a mission, round a corner face to face with a fully armoured guy with a chainsaw and his mates. My space bar was well spammed until I found some lucky friendlies out collecting water who were happy enough to keep his attention for a while.

• Upvote 1

:lol:

Who changed the thread title? And four others by the look of it, maybe more? Correction, 11.

Are we being sponsored by FROM/Activision now?

@Capwn

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Hitcher said:

I made my own when I got that far (The Ronin) but anyone here is welcome to join if there isn't a muk one.

Thanks for the offer hitch. My brother created a clan which I joined , but as we were the only 2 members ( I think you need a minimum of 4) we are kind of stuck and I can’t find any way to leave?

I’m only level 7, but am not working this week, so looking to sink in some time. So if anyone is playing on Xbox and wants to get some main/side missions done and have a bit of a laugh, let me know or add me on live ( live = shakyburn).

RE: Skills bug.

Heal Chem Launcher or Revive Hive and the Cluster Seeker

These are the ones to go with apparently as they'll work instantly (or almost) and then be on a 15s cooldown.

I'm only about 4hrs in and so far I'm loving it. My only niggle was the amount of alerts within the UI for totally pointless crap and have to acknowledge them all. Feels so much better than Division 1 and the shooting and audio is fantastic.

Bugs - I managed to vault over a car bonnet and then clipped into a SUV that was next to it... so I was now stuck inside the SUV. Had to quit the game as there was no bloody way to get out the SUV. Arse!

Bugs - I get this weird thing when squinting down the iron sights of my M1A (M14) when in combat; The rifle will drift left as if my DS4 thumb stick is knackard. But it only happens in combat and with that weapon. Anyone else had this with the same weapon or something different? Cheers.

@Dave White What was the clan name? I skimmed over it a few days when I was in two minds about buying the game. Cheers.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Strategos said:

Why does the thread title say "Sekiro is out this friday"

I was thinking exactly the same thing! Very odd. Anyhow, back on track, loving this! Had a nice 4 hour session today and only did one main mission! Mopping up loot from alleyways, buildings, doing control points, the random ‘?’ events marked etc. So much to do and so good.

Eurogamer review is unrated. Chiodini says the inevitable political backdrop without an overt political position makes the game unrecommendable. Despite loving everything else about it.

Riiiiigghhhht. :facepalm:

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

RE: Skills bug.

These are the ones to go with apparently as they'll work instantly (or almost) and then be on a 15s cooldown.

Oh handy. I already had the chem healer (Super useful) and I just unlocked the cluster mines. Love my flamethrower turret but man. So bugged. Just did the same side mission I rage quit on and rather than my gun ceasing to fire this time I got caught out by my turret literally not allowing me to throw it. :) Hope they get those fixed soon.

Also thanks to DF and a small bit of overclocking I can now play in 4k/60 which is bloody lovely.

• Upvote 1

Also the game seems harder than Division 1 was at launch (You get bum rushed way more now) but nowhere near as savage as when they totally broke the new player experience curve in the original a while ago.

13 minutes ago, idiwa said:

I'm only about 4hrs in and so far I'm loving it. My only niggle was the amount of alerts within the UI for totally pointless crap and have to acknowledge them all. Feels so much better than Division 1 and the shooting and audio is fantastic.

Bugs - I managed to vault over a car bonnet and then clipped into a SUV that was next to it... so I was now stuck inside the SUV. Had to quit the game as there was no bloody way to get out the SUV. Arse!

Bugs - I get this weird thing when squinting down the iron sights of my M1A (M14) when in combat; The rifle will drift left as if my DS4 thumb stick is knackard. But it only happens in combat and with that weapon. Anyone else had this with the same weapon or something different? Cheers.

@Dave White What was the clan name? I skimmed over it a few days when I was in two minds about buying the game. Cheers.

I've got stuck in scenery twice now. Fast traveling to a squad mate or other destination will get you free. 

9 minutes ago, spork said:

I've got stuck in scenery twice now. Fast traveling to a squad mate or other destination will get you free. 

Cheers Spork. I didn't realise you could fast travel at anytime. I thought it was only from bases/ safehouses. 

48 minutes ago, Flub said:

Oh handy. I already had the chem healer (Super useful) and I just unlocked the cluster mines. Love my flamethrower turret but man. So bugged. Just did the same side mission I rage quit on and rather than my gun ceasing to fire this time I got caught out by my turret literally not allowing me to throw it. :) Hope they get those fixed soon.

Also thanks to DF and a small bit of overclocking I can now play in 4k/60 which is bloody lovely.

I had that bug with the standard gun turret- couldn’t remove my current one, go to place a new one anytime after, I get stuck with like the equipment pose to deploy it, but nothing happens, and have to press left trigger to actually be able to do anything again.

1 hour ago, idiwa said:

Old Gits 

see you in Washington. 

• Upvote 1