rllmuk
Capwn

The Division 2

Just to add to what someone said earlier, the mission in the Air and Space Museum is absolutely amazing.

The shootout in the

Spoiler

Planetarium dome while the 360o show plays all around you

is a personal gaming highlight.

Annoyingly I missed the cool backpack trophy that’s hidden in there. Will have to go back for that ASAP. But happily rocking Tommy the Teddy Bear at the moment.

• Upvote 2

Yep, it’s a banger. 

Especially when you land a turret on the end of the telescope. I did that. Sorry, not sure if I’ve mentioned that already 

• Upvote 1

I made my own when I got that far (The Ronin) but anyone here is welcome to join if there isn't a muk one.

This game is not fucking about is it?

Hard as nails and  I'm not even out of the first zone. I love going solo in the early game as I really do like to dawdle about and not rush but man, I really need a res. The fuckers really like to flank don't they!? 

Also, if I investigate what I think is the last 'unknown activity' on the map, please don't just open another 3 nearby, I really need to get to bed at some point. 

• Upvote 1

So much to do, so many dudes to kill, so many map icons to remove, only so many hours to do it all before Sekiro comes out!

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, mop said:

They do but they are pretty rare and almost always shit.

That sucks. I remember getting loads in the first game. I had a look on the paid store just on the offchance that there was something that looked interesting and apart from a hat I couldn't tell I was wearing anything thanks to all the gear strung over it.

Really enjoying this.

Got the ACOG site for my guns and was running around not really noticing a difference till I pushed down right thumbstick on PS4 by accident and a scope  view popped up!! Changed the whole game for me.

I like that fact it doesn't do too much handholding.

4 hours ago, Flub said:

Do cosmetic items not drop anymore?

I'm getting loads from the small items you collect. Also look up a lot and you'll see those supply crates stuck in trees/buildings, like we saw in the previews and I forgot all about, as they contain skins for your gear.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, KartoffelKopf said:

This game is not fucking about is it?

Hard as nails and  I'm not even out of the first zone. I love going solo in the early game as I really do like to dawdle about and not rush but man, I really need a res. The fuckers really like to flank don't they!? 

Also, if I investigate what I think is the last 'unknown activity' on the map, please don't just open another 3 nearby, I really need to get to bed at some point. 

If you haven’t already, spend some skill points on the Hive reviver. As long as it’s not on cooldown it will automatically revive you when you get downed (no need to activate beforehand). It’s saved my arse on multiple occasions already. 

• Upvote 2

People go on about the Hyenas and the True Sons, but the most insidious faction of all survived New York - The Canines. They’ve had reinforcements from deers and raccoons and others now, making my task of clearing the streets of their scourge that much longer. 

• Upvote 1

On 16/03/2019 at 14:10, spork said:

This!

PC clan is called Rllmuk. You can search for it once you've opened up the clan stuff or ask for an invite in here or the PC Div 2 discord which you can join up here https://discord.gg/EntxAA:D 

That Discord invite has expired. Can you post a new one? 

I’m starting this tonight so it’ll take me a while to catch up but I’ll get there (unless the Apex Legends season pass lands and then I’ll be extremely conflicted). 

Just now, Black Cat Supremacist said:

That Discord invite has expired. Can you post a new one? 

I’m starting this tonight so it’ll take me a while to catch up but I’ll get there (unless the Apex Legends season pass lands and then I’ll be extremely conflicted). 

https://discord.gg/ECDKkP

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Marmite said:

If you haven’t already, spend some skill points on the Hive reviver. As long as it’s not on cooldown it will automatically revive you when you get downed (no need to activate beforehand). It’s saved my arse on multiple occasions already. 

Yeah, I was very close to spending my last skill point on a healing skill but I was breezing through it and finding it quite easy so spent it on Pulse, which is fucking shit, it has a range of about 8 inches. I'll do a main mission tonight and get myself a point. 

I've found most of the skills pretty lacklustre in this. The turrets are good - when they work. Half the time you throw them out and they explode for no reason and you have a 15 second cooldown to use them again; same for the drone. Not tried the Firefly but the description doesn't make it sound enticing. The Hive is great but the cooldown is huge. Chem Launcher is very good and very generous with cooldown time. Need to experiment with the Seeker Mines and Shield a bit more. Not tried the Pulse at all.

Really, really enjoying the game though.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Scruff said:

Half the time you throw them out and they explode for no reason and you have a 15 second cooldown to use them again; same for drone.

Its a bug (I’m having the same issues). It comes about when you have any gear equipped with reduced cool down bonuses. Massive are aware but no fix announced yet, maybe SOTG will have more info.

Still really enjoying this , looking forward to the end game when I can settle down to creating a good build.

I really like the drop in and play feeling it has, if you are short on time you can pop on and just do a couple of random events, or wander around looting a little bit and it's quite chilled.

Love the bounties too.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, FiveFootNinja said:

Its a bug (I’m having the same issues). It comes about when you have any gear equipped with reduced cool down bonuses. Massive are aware but no fix announced yet, maybe SOTG will have more info.

Oh really? I thought it was just cos the enemies shot them but then thought the cooldown was a bit generous. Good to know it's just broken. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. 

25 minutes ago, Scruff said:

I've found most of the skills pretty lacklustre in this. The turrets are good - when they work. Half the time you throw them out and they explode for no reason and you have a 15 second cooldown to use them again; same for the drone. Not tried the Firefly but the description doesn't make it sound enticing. The Hive is great but the cooldown is huge. Chem Launcher is very good and very generous with cooldown time. Need to experiment with the Seeker Mines and Shield a bit more. Not tried the Pulse at all.

Really, really enjoying the game though.

Pulse is very underwelming - especially compared to D1 (which it was ridonkulously OP)

I assume it's because mods etc will make it much much better - same with lots of skills balanced for endgame.

I'm using Turret and Purple Chem Launcher (so pretty) - but the Hive is also really good fun

I've mostly used the healing drone and shooting turret but since the bug came along they have been a lot less effective so I've been trying other things out.

Currently using the seeker cluster bombs which seem to target quite a lot of enemies even if they are spread out quite far and the healing chem launcher which I'm hoping end game skills will make a lot more effective. 

I found the hive healer a bit rubbish although if you've got 3 or 4 of you huddled around it could be quite good maybe. 

8 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Oh really? I thought it was just cos the enemies shot them but then thought the cooldown was a bit generous. Good to know it's just broken. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. 

So did I originally but after setting off my healing drone with nobody around I noticed it happen again (which felt very different to the beta) and looked into it.

Mine is hit and miss, but it’s making the heat of combat difficult if I think turret is controlling a lane or a fixed drone is sorting my armour and then I realise it’s not.

Okay that was pretty cool...

Just went back to Downtown to collect some resource for my other control points. As I was approaching my own control point there I saw what looked like a figure behind a wall. I slowly approached unseen and could see a loan enemy sitting still but occasionally looking up over the cover and hiding again (interestingly not showing on my threat radar). As I got closer it came up with status “scouting” and realised he seemed to be looking at my “patrolling” allies, scoping out the base. He then noticed me and instead of just drawing a gun and unloading, he tried (and failed) to run off down an alley away from me without firing a shot.

Great little encounter. Loving the details in this game!

• Upvote 3