Sloth

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 - Battle Royale on land, air and sea!

Some direct feed gameplay without the waffling. Seriously love the look of this map.

On 17/05/2018 at 18:50, deerokus said:

Why is it being called Black ops 'IIII'?

I think it’s because it’s set in Wild West-era Mexico. The full title is ¡Los Black Ops I-I-I-I Ándale Ándale Arriba Arriba!

I might be wrong. 

• Empathy 1

Footage of the new mode and a map we've not seen much of.

Control sounds like something right up my alley. Might actually give the ranked playlist a go this time! :D

2 hours ago, VN1X said:

Some direct feed gameplay without the waffling. Seriously love the look of this map.

Is this MP footage or BR footage?

The map layout from that Control video is a bit of a bummer though. I don't mind the three-lane map design per se but that's literally just a rectangle, forcing everyone to basically go to the center at all times.

Why can't we have stuff like this any more?:

estate-layout.jpg

latest?cb=20100720174409

• Upvote 8

On 17/05/2018 at 18:50, deerokus said:

Why is it being called Black ops 'IIII'?

Incredibly

Impressive

Intellectual property

Imitation

Maybe...

Looks pretty good but I only ever really play the single player mode.

I never knew how much I wanted a proper CoD hero shooter until now. I always thought BLOPS3 was about as far as they would go with that. 

Probably more relevant to the Titanfall thread but several Respawn devs have returned to Infinity Ward. This after Ghost actor Craig Fairbrass all but confirmed MW4.

• Upvote 1

What the hell, so instead of working on something entirely new like Star Wars they'd rather go back to CoD, yet again? That doesn't bode well for the Star Wars project does it? :huh:

According to a recent interview development on the BR mode started early last year and they've confirmed that it'll be 60fps on console. 

And if you read between the lines then you can expect a player count of at least 60 to 80 players. 

PUBG killer inbound? 

4 hours ago, VN1X said:

What the hell, so instead of working on something entirely new like Star Wars they'd rather go back to CoD, yet again? That doesn't bode well for the Star Wars project does it? :huh:

Look at the first 3. Essentially promotions. Sometimes the money and extra responsibility works!

It  feels pretty similar to what's come before. If I din't have children who listen to any old bullshit youtubers foist on them I wouldn't be buying this game.  Son just came in and said "we'll be needing to buy the season pass"   without even knowing if it's decent or not.  I've failed as a father. 

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

55 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

Look at the first 3. Essentially promotions. Sometimes the money and extra responsibility works!

It  feels pretty similar to what's come before. If I din't have children who listen to any old bullshit youtubers foist on them I wouldn't be buying this game.  Son just came in and said "we'll be needing to buy the season pass"   without even knowing if it's decent or not.  I've failed as a father. 

You have a good son. 

• Upvote 1

On 20/05/2018 at 11:09, VN1X said:

Those particular people clearly prefer doing present day themed shooters than anything else (I'd imagine Activision were also willing to up their compensation package), some of the most senior lot left before EA bought Respawn so it isn't something caused by that. The team working on Star Wars should be primarily new people anyway, as the people who used to do CoD worked on Titanfall/Future Warfare.

I love this game already and I haven't even played it yet. Really odd btw how negative its reception has been so far as the multiplayer portion basically looks like the internet's wet dream: Black Ops 2 x Black Ops 3. I guess everyone is really up in arms about the omission of that campaign? Personally I couldn't care less as except for Infinite Warfare they've all been sub par recently. 

In other news: reports are coming in that Acti are indeed doing away with the season pass (thank fuck!), which I'm hoping is legit as it only serves to split the user base as the year goes on. No idea why companies still do that. Let's hope EA follow suit. 

26 minutes ago, VN1X said:

I love this game already and I haven't even played it yet. Really odd btw how negative its reception has been so far as the multiplayer portion basically looks like the internet's wet dream: Black Ops 2 x Black Ops 3. 

I agree completely. This looks to do away with a lot of complaints I’ve had with recent COD’s. And throws in Siege style gadgets. I like Siege quite a bit by the way.

The map quality will be the next hurdle, but I’m cautiously in for this. Excited to see what BFV will offer too.

Not a lot to get excited about, it looks like a Black Ops 3 DLC pack. It's not pushing any boundaries graphically, they've axed campaign, bought back zzzzombies mode, and announced a battle royale mode with a lot of buzzwords and bluster but nothing to show.

It looks fine but I wasn't a huge fan of BLOPS3s multiplayer so I'm not that excited for this.  That along with no campaign and the fact that I fucking hate COD Zombies (and lament it being in every year now) means my interest isn't exactly high.  I'm interested to see what the Battle Royale mode is like but even then I only tend to dabble in Fortnite/PUBG, I'm not addicted to those either or the Battle Royale genre in general.  The only COD style game I've been really enjoying recently is Ironsight and I'll continue to play that.

That and with Battlefield looking like it's going back to WW2 those are more appealing to me.

I'm going to end up with all of them on release day aren't I

:lol: 

38 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

Not a lot to get excited about, it looks like a Black Ops 3 DLC pack. It's not pushing any boundaries graphically, they've axed campaign, bought back zzzzombies mode, and announced a battle royale mode with a lot of buzzwords and bluster but nothing to show.

It’s boots on the ground, so that’s an immediate improvement over BLOPS3 and also eliminates the issue of invisible walls.

Given that last year's version was also the biggest seller for them this gen, the last man standing thirst is very real and campaign clearly doesn't matter either to early adopters.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 multiplayer beta will include the 'Blackout' battle royale mode

Djzxk5gchZHQ7WvTSKyp4k-650-80.jpg

Activision and Treyarch have revealed the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 multiplayer beta schedule, which will in fact see two different test sessions held: A "multiplayer beta" in August, and then a Blackout battle royale beta in September. 

The "multiplayer beta" will be available first on the PlayStation 4 on August 3-6, but will come to the PC on Battle.net—not Steam—the following weekend. The "early access" beta for people who have preordered the game will begin at 10 am PT/1 pm ET on August 10, while the doors will open to everyone at the same time on August 11. In both cases, the beta will end at 10 am PT/1 pm ET on August 13.

The dates for the Blackout beta in September will be announced later. 

"This is an exciting opportunity for us at Treyarch because—not only are we putting more content into players’ hands earlier than ever before—we get to break new ground by hosting two separate Beta experiences," studio co-head Dan Bunting said. "Games are better when they’re a result of a dialogue with our community. Not only does it improve the game’s quality, but it allows us to respond to player feedback and custom-craft the experience to how players engage most with the game."

Beta participants will earn "a unique, one-of-a-kind calling card that they can proudly display," and those who reach maximum rank in the test will also get a "permanent unlock token" that can be applied to any piece of Create-a-Class content after the game goes live. Full details on the Black Ops 4 beta are available on the Treyarch blog.

Noice.

• Upvote 1