rllmuk
kerraig UK

Battlefield V

9 hours ago, kerraig UK said:

Who? Certainly not me. Haven't got my eye on this at all yet

well you had 45 kills when I checked the scoreboard half way through so god help them when your eyes are on.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, kerraig UK said:

Hey fella

Uploaded a clip of me playing to show the sort of ranges you can engage at with a scope on Grand Operations. If you watch the first two minutes you'll see how little danger I am in and how I can still help my team by blocking out the respawning defender. I only got killed due to a bit of pretty crappy hit detection. You don't have to be on an objective to be essential to the taking of an objective.

Also, skip to 4m to see how accurate you can be at range. I pop a guy on a fortified turret through the aim slit from about 200m.

Cheers for this. What gun is that? Assault class, right?

5 hours ago, Strafe said:

Cheers for this. What gun is that? Assault class, right?

I think its the 3rd one. With a 3x scope. 

I haven't gone into the mechanics of the game at all yet. I'm still tweaking my controls in between every kill! Just trying to get the feel at the moment.

• Upvote 1

I'm getting pissed off with the shitty netcode or whatever is causing unfair firefights. Either that, or the Sten has the accuracy and damage of a sniper rifle or something (see clip below).

I shouldn't be getting insta-killed by an SMG at this range, and while it's possible that this player is somehow super accurate, I somehow doubt it - it's happening all the time.

My connection is fine and my ping is low, so this is more than likely Dice / EA's Battlefield launch shit as usual. <_<

16 minutes ago, FishyFish said:

I'm getting pissed off with the shitty netcode or whatever is causing unfair firefights. Either that, or the Sten has the accuracy and damage of a sniper rifle or something (see clip below).

I shouldn't be getting insta-killed by an SMG at this range, and while it's possible that this player is somehow super accurate, I somehow doubt it - it's happening all the time.

My connection is fine and my ping is low, so this is more than likely Dice / EA's Battlefield launch shit as usual. <_<

I watched that clip 5 times over to try to spot something we were missing. A sniper from somewhere, or you not being on 100% or something. But no, thats just straight bullshit

Upgrades for the sten (dependent on path) are:

Quick Deploy

Quick Aim

Quick Reload

Less Horizontal Recoil

More Accurate Hipfire

Improved Stationary Accuracy

Magdump Hipfire

Improved Moving Accuracy

Less Vertical Recoil

He did get a headshot too, so might be a lucky magdump from the hip... Still, if you get this a lot it seems buggy.

• Upvote 2

It looks like there are populated servers for some of the other game modes now. Th other day all I could find was Conquest, or maybe Grand Operations but no servers for anything else, but it seems like you can now find Frontlines, Domination, TDM etc. too.

Played a few hours last night with my usual squad. (We are very average players) it was great fun, much more immediate and instant to get to grips with than BF1. Entry level guns decent enough and we won every game for the 3 hours. Loving the bridge rushes, bedlam! 

In conquest how does taking an objective - other than providing spawn points - help you win? From what I can tell it’s just a ticket bleed which happens with kills. Or does holding an objective give you more tickets?

53 minutes ago, Strafe said:

In conquest how does taking an objective - other than providing spawn points - help you win? From what I can tell it’s just a ticket bleed which happens with kills. Or does holding an objective give you more tickets?

When you hold more than half the bases the enemy starts bleeding tickets and you stop. Your team will still lose tix from deaths but the enemy will double bubble. 

• Upvote 2

I had a brief go yesterday evening, an hourish and found it quite good.

Bit of a shame about the suppression as I thought that was a great mechanic but that said I came in the top couple each game using the KE7 (I think?) which is incredibly overpowered in my opinion.

The matches seemed to flow better, didn't feel quite so start / stop as BF1 and the timeout on your death that everyone was concerned about has been toned down to a decent time limit, though I think they should increase it a little if you are holding L2 from what it currently is.

That said, great looking game and I think it has a slight more call of duty feel sleekness to it that it hasn't had before but with the general gameplay / maps etc as you would expect from battlefield.

Initial impressions are that I reckon in 6 months time (as always seems to be the case with battlefield) with a bit of polish it will be my most played multiplayer game.

I played a couple of hours last night - loved it.  It's so fast after having mainly played PUBG for the past god knows how long, but it's a really nice change.  There were a few issues with lag and the odd glitch but it's not bad for such a large scale release on the first day.  Feels like I could really get into this.  I haven't been sucked in by a Battlefield since the early days of 4 so it's looking good.

Astonishing graphics help, obvs.

16 hours ago, kerraig UK said:

Meh, he praises Dice for removing Suppression. He's part of the problem. 

lol

The minute he said that in the review I thought of you. Its still a fairly comprehensive review. You can certainly not agree with some points. He's right about lots of other things. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1