kerraig UK

Battlefield V - November 20th

Listening to the in-depth stuff they didn't reveal today about player movement. It sounds INCREDIBLE.

For instance, body ragdoll physics are server side and can be dragged around.

Will be interested to see how the destruction compares to Siege, given the bullet penetration.

1 minute ago, Shimmyhill said:

Large player numbers in two teams isn’t BR and as I said this game isn’t suited to BR at all, good news!

A last man standing, no respawn mode would be essentially the same thing. That could be in there.

I'm beginning to wonder if the trailer was mostly of the co-op mode? There's too many weird things in it.

Were there British soldiers that carried swords on their back in WW2?

katana2.jpg

4 minutes ago, Simmy said:

I'm wondering if the trailer was mostly of the co-op mode? There's too many weird things in it.

Were there British soldiers that carried swords on their back in WW2?

katana2.jpg

Jack Churchill did, supposedly, but he was nuts.

Apparently if Day 3 of Grand Operations ends in a stalemate the next day is a 'Final Stand', which is essentially a large scale Last Man Standing mode where each player only has one life.

So that's your BR itch integrated into the game. Sort of.

• Upvote 1

Glad that there was no mention of a BR mode because that’s all anyone would be talking about otherwise. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if they’re working on some implementation of it further down the line though. The Last Stand element of Grand Operations sounds like that kind of angle to me already. It’s an EA game & you can bet your ass their execs want a taste of that flavour of the month. 

Watched the trailer again & yeah, that is not WW2 to me at all. It’s an absurd portrayal of the conflict. BF1 trailer was far better.

• Upvote 1

I can understand people not wanting a BR mode because they feel they've already become overdone or think it wouldn’t suit the particular gameplay of a series, but I'm a bit bemused at people making appeals to historical accuracy after watching a trailer that was basically WW2: The Saturday Morning Cartoon.

• Upvote 4

Who's doing that? The context is two opposing armies of soldiers fighting each other. Having some of them being women or wearing a jacket or having a prosthetic arm doesn't invalidate that context. Having it become some multi team/ lone wolf deathmatch between many players does.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, SM47 said:

Who's doing that? The context is two opposing armies of soldiers fighting each other. Having some of them being women or wearing a jacket or having a prosthetic arm doesn't invalidate that context. Having it become some multi team/ lone wolf deathmatch between many players does.

Set in world war 2 though, right? One armed female sniper with blue warpaint and a claw for a hand :lol: 

• Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, Simmy said:

Doesn't the Frostbite engine, on paper, support something mental like 150+ players?

256 in theory.

24 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

Apparently if Day 3 of Grand Operations ends in a stalemate the next day is a 'Final Stand', which is essentially a large scale Last Man Standing mode where each player only has one life.

So that's your BR itch integrated into the game. Sort of.

So like BR I can only play after an hour of other stuff? That's shit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Broker said:

The reddit and twitter comments have gone full gamergate. WOMEN?! IN WORLD WAR 2?!?!

They should be more worried about the prospect of LOOT BOXES?! IN WORLD WAR 2?!?! Although strangely the self-professed guardians of videogame ethics never seemed too concerned about that.

47 minutes ago, Broker said:

The reddit and twitter comments have gone full gamergate. WOMEN?! IN WORLD WAR 2?!?!

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Stigweard said:

Also not everything has to have a BR mode just cause 2 other games are extremely popular.

Just Cause 2 has a battle royale mode?!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, DjSatansfur3h said:

£70.00 to pre-order Deluxe edition :lol:

Only problem with doing away with Premium is that you're no doubt going to have to pay for DLC down the line...

Not so as they wont split the playerbase.

But you bet your arse you’ll be paying to make your outfit look as cool as possible with super elite uniforms. Or pay to unlock cosmetics quicker. That’s how they’ll make their money.

£25 for a Steamboat Willie decal on your tank.

I wonder what they’ll do with the German character customisation. I made a silly joke about swastika war paint etc, but... it’s kind of odd for them to be depicting WWII whilst avoiding that aspect of it. Yet if they treat it flippantly or be seen to glorify that iconography they run the risk of sparking outrage too. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Simmy said:

Set in world war 2 though, right? One armed female sniper with blue warpaint and a claw for a hand :lol: 

I think the aesthetic is certainly a world away from every single other WW2 shooter released in the last twenty years. Wasn't Inglorious Basterds set in WW2? Was that a bad film because it featured inaccuracies and idiosyncracies alien to previous depictions of its subject matter? I don't think so. 

The changes to the gameplay sound fucking amazing by the way. I cannot be any more hyped for this. 

20 minutes ago, DjSatansfur3h said:

£70.00 to pre-order Deluxe edition :lol:

Only problem with doing away with Premium is that you're no doubt going to have to pay for DLC down the line...

Premium was paying for DLC, it was just what they called the season pass. The monetisation here is something else. I’d guess cosmetic only lootboxes.

That video detailing the gameplay changes has some really interesting things in it that sound like it will play very differently to BF1. Segmented health that won't fully regen unless you use a medpack, limited spawn ammo so you can't charge in with a Hellreigel and gun down 10 people on your own & will instead need to rely on support squadmates & ammo from downed enemies to keep topped up, animations that have to play for every action such as picking up ammo & reviving squadmates, draggable bodies, vehicles that can be towed into place & fortified & lots more. Sounds like they've focussed on squadplay a lot more & it will potentially be a lot slower & more tactical, which are changes I can definitely get behind. Very intrigued to see how it's all going to feel, even if the trailer & incongruous customisation features are a huge turn off.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, KriessG said:

"First off, random bullet deviation (RBD) was removed. Players will be able to place their shots more effectively, and in time, they will be able to learn how different weapons fire."

They might just have won me over. If they also remove the sniping sweetspot and actually make it remotely challenging to snipe again we might have a winner.