kerraig UK

Battlefield V - November 20th

1 hour ago, VN1X said:

I was wondering what happened to that. That was one of the more interesting features of this game and was curious how they were going to tackle that without it being a buggy mess. 

To be honest I'm feeling kind of meh about this now as the Rotterdam gameplay I've seen from Jackfrags yesterday gave me BF1 flashbacks. Aside from the building mechanics it's starting to look like an uninspired reskin; quite literal in some cases what with the asset and texture reusage.

Yeah, what is weird is the reveal trailer made it look like an impressive leap in terms of character interaction and physics. We know now these were bullshots.

Then Jackfrags raving about how tactical the game was, how it had totally changed and was much slower - I was down for this - then the recent gameplay videos go up and... It’s BF1. Looks and plays virtually identical to it’s predecessor. And most of the new features won’t be ready at launch (or ever? Dragging bodies?). 

It also looks like a straight WW2 game, with little creativity. I’m waivering too after seeing Rotterdam, which is basically Amiens.

I enjoy the push and pull of a city map with choke points and the likes. But I want massive full scale war with all kinds of hardware in the fray in large open battlegrounds. 

But if it doesn’t differ from Bf1 drastically in the map dept there could be trouble. Its hard to get inspired  with another obscure street in France or Amsterdam map. 

Imo they should have gone all out Wake island 2018 with a Pacific campaign Japanese zeros and vought Corsairs storming Iwo Jima or El Alamein. 

Wars cold and dirty but kind of done with dreary mud and trenches. 

• Upvote 3

I haven't been following the dev much (I try to avoid it on titles I might be interested in so I don't get hyped). What's the monetisation for this? After Battlefront 2 was pretty much abandoned when the p2w stuff was removed you can see why people might be wary.

State of this!

Remember when games just had a release day. Now even when you can start to play is fucking monetised by EA.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Harsin said:

State of this!

Remember when games just had a release day. Now even when you can start to play is fucking monetised by EA.

This isn’t new. Early access has been part of EA Access for years.

• Upvote 1

They let the high profile YouTubers have too much say over these games. I loved BF1 until they kept patching and nerfing stuff to make it 'balanced' in response to YouTube demands... which made it less fun for me. My favourite weapons went shit, grenades were ruined and it became hard to find a satisfying weapon or style of play.

If jackfrags likes it it probably won't be what I am looking for.

• Upvote 4

Rumours are that EA are going to include a Bad Company 2 remaster with the release of BFV. 

If that's true then the sad thing is that it will more than likely result in higher sales because: nostalgia. Fuck sake. :lol:

You can download the open beta now and setup your settings etc. No servers up. Mine keeps saying I don't have early access even though I pre-ordered the game digitally through the Xbox. Hope that's just a result of the servers not being up yet.

On 02/09/2018 at 13:22, VN1X said:

Rumours are that EA are going to include a Bad Company 2 remaster with the release of BFV. 

If that's true then the sad thing is that it will more than likely result in higher sales because: nostalgia. Fuck sake. :lol:

Day one if that's the case and they've done a good job with the remaster.

• Upvote 1

Having not played any of these games ever really I am looking forward to this beta. I actually really like and prefer WWII as a setting to the more modern ones, especially the jumping around like a tit games that the more "modern" COD's became.

4 hours ago, 5R7 said:

Man, bad company 2 was the last battlefield I actually liked!... Wonder if people are still playing lol

Still servers you can play on, it went BC on Xbox and we played it a bit. Still amazing and still

slightly unbalanced by chopper jocks!

That should've been their reveal trailer lol. And they still could've kept Noah and the devs for a Q&A after; for those that wanted to know more. It would've been much better received than the clusterfuck of an ADD trailer they had instead. 

• Upvote 1

Been playing the beta most of the day, not blown away but it's pretty good.

The weapon upgrading is not intuitive at all, I'll get used to it I guess.

2 hours ago, VN1X said:

That should've been their reveal trailer lol. And they still could've kept Noah and the devs for a Q&A after; for those that wanted to know more. It would've been much better received than the clusterfuck of an ADD trailer they had instead. 

It really should & they would have avoided this clusterfuck of controversy that sprung up around the game from certain insufferable quarters. That trailer sells the game superbly & has me eagerly anticipating the beta.

been playing mw2 for the last few days along with insurgency Sandstorm so, im kind of nowhere near my groove on this and only had 1 game..

Have a right old headache so im not really in the frame of mind to be impartial but kind of like underwhelmed based on 1 match. I guess the game reveals itself as you rank up and upgrade your class and weapons.

played a few games on PC, i like "grand operations" it reminds me of bad company 2 rush! i dont care for the conquest map...as i dont care for conquest

looks pretty nice to! it auto set everything on and has run solidly on my 1070!

2 hours ago, Simmy said:

Played one match last night and... Loved it!

Totally surprised me! Like, I really enjoyed it!

Ditto. I've only played Rotterdam so far, but really loving it. Especially the new ability to crawl backwards, on your back while shooting forwards to get out of danger. 

Played on the X and the S, it looks really good on the X (apart from some very aggressive LOD issues, same as Battlefront 2), but on the S it looks fucking terrible. Runs well, but looks like arse.

Really enjoying the beta. It appears to be a slower, more measured experience than Battlefield 1 (which I personally loved and haven't stopped regularly playing with my pals since release) but the changes definitely seem like interesting steps in the right direction so far. 

• Upvote 1

In the documentation it reads that it is is only a requirement in Germany. I've played the open beta yesterday on an account that has no PS Plus, but on a PS4 that has another account with PS Plus (and has the PS4 as its primary PS4, I can use the other account to play other online games, but not to download the 'free games').

So I'm gonna say 'probably not required'. But why not just try?