rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Nespresso

Bayonetta 1 & 2 - Nintendo's Witch

You could just stand still and spam taunt to build meter as well. A tap taunt gets you one orb whilst a hold taunt gets you three. During combo/score attacking taunt will also delay the score counter from diminishing, meaning you can lock your combo in place until you're good and ready. Taunting can indeed make enemies angry, so it does have some trade-off (but then angry enemies give a lot more points).

Basically you've discovered the main reason why you want to be going for torture attacks... The enemy weapons dish out insane levels of damage and points and can only be dropped after they've suffered from a TA. They are one of the keys towards pure platinum ranks with a minimum of effort. All of the Alfheims are basically tutorials in disguise - there's always something important to take away from each and every one of them.

When you get to the point where you need maximum score my advice is to target the bigger blue guys with the staves. TA one of these to grab his staff, then trigger Witch Time. During Witch Time press kick to do the pole spin move and 360 the joystick like crazy. This will bag you 9.9 multiplier and around 2-3K base points, even more vs. enraged enemies.

I'm thinking I might do a regular weekly stream of this game, as well as a Viewtiful Joe 'from the very beginning' (I've never played it). Sin & Punishment 2 is another one I can talk non-stop about.

• Upvote 5

On 23/04/2018 at 09:31, Fallows said:

as well as a Viewtiful Joe 'from the very beginning' (I've never played it).

OMG!1

It’s great going back to this after putting in a crazy amount of effort and dedication to Bayonetta on the 360. Starting from scratch without the awesome weapons to switch between and basic skill set is actually rather refreshing, surprised how much muscle memory I still have, watching the cutscenes I’m soaking up the characters again. It’s been long enough that it feels like a proper nostalgia trip, discovering heart pieces in ‘hidden’ areas like ‘so that’s where I left that’ sort of vibe. The graphics when docked can be a little ‘soft’ at times, but loving this in handheld mode. 

• Upvote 3

Every time I think I’m improving, I get my arse handed to me :lol: 

Going back through Bayo 1 from scratch on Switch and I’ll have three fights where I’m absolutely untouchable and then one where a different enemy appears and I get thrashed. It’s a slow slog to unlock everything, though as my combos improve, so do the amount of rings, so might go back and grind some earlier levels for rings. 

I’m still shit at Angel Attack, mind. 

Just skip Angel Attack. It detracts from your ZONE'NESS. You can't be cooling down on this game, ever. Skip cut-scenes and everything else that you can in order to keep yourself in the game play sections.

Aye. It's glorious. I'm certainly much more skilled now so I'm looking forward to going through Bayo 1 again. Who knows when though as between three of us all wanting a go on various other games and The adult nature of the game means I can't play it with the child around. Still at least we have Bayo 3 to look forward to. 

7 hours ago, carlospie said:

This is so so good on switch. Looks great with an awesome soundtrack. Only trouble is that annoying cunt that says love all the time 

Totally agree he just needed something to happen to him so he could not speak.

On 19/08/2018 at 22:19, carlospie said:

This also kills the switch battery doesn’t it. Must be because it’s so epic. Do the costumes do stuff? As in extra powers or anything 

They make you look sexy.:hat:

Going through the first one again, after somehow inexplicably having stopped playing it halfway through when it was released on the Wii U years ago.

How about that Ed n Edna reference though? The official Bayonetta book claims these are just the names of Enzo's kids, but surely it's a nod to Maniac Mansion, right?

• Upvote 1