SeanR

Spyro The Dragon Reignited Trilogy

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/spyro-the-dragon-ps4-remaster-coming-this-year-rep/1100-6456753/

The early games in the Spyro the Dragon series are in line for a remaster set to launch later this year, according to a new report. They'll apparently be released exclusively for PS4 at first, with the possibility of other platforms later.

anyone else stoked for this?

Edited by SeanR
  • Upvote 2

Aww, I loved Spyro when I was a kid. My mum did too. She'll be chuffed.

What with Crash and now this, what classic 3D platformer is Sony going to ressurect next? Croc? That would be awesome. Gex? Please God no.

I loved Spyro 1. I can only assume a remake would reveal how stupid I was as a child.

They have a trilogy of platformer remakes in a little over a year what with Medieval as well.

3 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

What with Crash and now this, what classic 3D platformer is Sony going to ressurect next? Croc? That would be awesome.

Come on.

6 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I'd take this rumour with a pinch of salt, the source at Kotaku has invented leaks on numerous occasions.

yeah, I've been contemplating a question mark since I started the thread...

1 hour ago, Jamie John said:

Aww, I loved Spyro when I was a kid. My mum did too. She'll be chuffed.

What with Crash and now this, what classic 3D platformer is Sony going to ressurect next? Croc? That would be awesome. Gex? Please God no.

Jumping Flash VR

:wacko:

• Upvote 1

The first Maximo was good but the difficulty was like a massive punch in the face.

I met a bloke at one of the London comicons back in 2016 who was dressed as Spyro. I subsequently photographed him playing Spyro. 

3 hours ago, RubberJohnny said:

Oh god more nostalgia pandering.

You must be new to videogames ;)

3DS_Zelda_ALBW_1031_ScreenShot_01.bmp

sonicgenerations-1.jpg

Streetfighter-fireball.png

hqdefault.jpg

'member?

(inb4 "none of those are remakes" - I'm just pointing out the "nostalgia pandering" which is in every long-running successful franchise. And Spyro.)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, BitterToad said:

Oh God more shit dumping and running from RubberJohnny. 

Generally im with you but RJ is bang on here.

Spryo was shite like crash, this is scraping the barrel but will be bought in droves because people started gaming with the psx and it was only ever home to shite platformers so they often know no better!

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Qazimod said:

You must be new to videogames ;)

3DS_Zelda_ALBW_1031_ScreenShot_01.bmp

sonicgenerations-1.jpg

Streetfighter-fireball.png

hqdefault.jpg

'member?

(inb4 "none of those are remakes" - I'm just pointing out the "nostalgia pandering" which is in every long-running successful franchise. And Spyro.)

As you pointed it it’s nothing like these, maybe they could remake Spyro into a good game unlike this nostalgia pandering upscale job ;) 

3 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Spryo was shite like crash, this is scraping the barrel but will be bought in droves because people started gaming with the psx and it was only ever home to shite platformers so they often know no better!

When it came out, Spyro was received very well by critics, as was Crash, albeit to a slightly lesser extent. Certainly, they were loved by their target audience (i.e. kids in their pre-teens, like I was at the time when I first played both games). To say the PSX was only ever home to shite platformers is a big exaggeration.

1 minute ago, Jamie John said:

When it came out, Spyro was received very well by critics, as was Crash, albeit to a slightly lesser extent. Certainly, they were loved by their target audience (i.e. kids in their pre-teens, like I was at the time when I first played both games). To say the PSX was only ever home to shite platformers is a big exaggeration.

‘Critics’ or PlayStation sites/mags, I wouldn’t use meta critic type places for old games as they are not reflective given the scant number of reviews and the bias.

Its not an exaggeration, at best it was home to multiple by numbers platformers but not one of them was great compared to the best out there - I played them all and my wife loved them inc Ty the Tasmanian ZzzZzZzZZZzZzZzZz 

33 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Spyro and Crash were nothing alike

• Upvote 1