rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

1 hour ago, Cyhwuhx said:

It's not as bad as you expect. It ties into the Lovecraftian aspect of it; all items and such are always at the same position, but rooms themselves may change layout adding to the "I know this place, but it's... different" feeling. Everything else is terrific anyway. Have its soundtrack on often as well.

That sounds better than I imagined. Videos make it look like the combat is a bit relentless, though, and I tend to enjoy my Metroidvanias with more quiet, contemplative moments.

Will see if I have enough gold coins on the Russian account to take a punt on it. 

34 minutes ago, Chooch said:

Is that Castlevania collection worth buying? I’ve only ever played the GBA ones. 

Yes but it's old school ones, they're not like the sprawling levels of the GBA ones.

3 hours ago, Hylian said:

I caved and bought RE4 last night. Only 4th version for me (PS2, Wii, PC, now Switch). So good. The controls are a total headfuck to start with! I just could not leave the bloody right stick alone when moving!

I have tried playing it a few times since launch and  I'm still struggling with the controls - I changed to type 2 and I found it a little better, but like you I keep moving the right stick!

• Upvote 1

How much is Resi 4 now?

Also on this version do you still have to complete the game to access Mercs? I’m more interested in that really, I don’t know where I’d find the time to do a whole runthrough.

Just now, ZOK said:

How much is Resi 4 now?

Also on this version do you still have to complete the game to access Mercs? I’m more interested in that really, I don’t know where I’d find the time to do a whole runthrough.

I think it's £20 in the UK store, £15 on the Russian.

Just over £15 on Russian eshop. My bank applies a small transaction fee for foreign purchases, but it will work out cheaper than UK.

22 hours ago, rgraves said:

Steredenn: Binary Stars (Plug In Digital) €4.99 / £4.61 -62% Wed 31st Jul €12.99 / £11.99

This is supposed to be on sale according to the list but it's not, still £11.99? Is this particular sale not live yet does anyone know?

4 minutes ago, hazeredmist said:

This is supposed to be on sale according to the list but it's not, still £11.99? Is this particular sale not live yet does anyone know?

Just answered my own question with a quick search - it's live at midnight this Sunday. Source: http://n-europe.com/news/new-releases-and-eshop-discounts-week-28-4

Looks like you can also get "Transcripted" free if you have Steredenn. Two for one! No idea if that's any good.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, hazeredmist said:

Just answered my own question with a quick search - it's live at midnight this Sunday. Source: http://n-europe.com/news/new-releases-and-eshop-discounts-week-28-4

Looks like you can also get "Transcripted" free if you have Steredenn. Two for one! No idea if that's any good.

I'd say it's worth a go but it's absolutely brick. The roguelite elements are pretty mild. You won't unlock loads of stuff that'll make the fundamental game much easier or your ship very different, it's rather that you'll have a larger pool of weapons so you'll be using a wider range rather than sticking to your favourites. This is cool in a way but also frustrating if it keeps throwing melee weapons at you when your play style suits drones or whatever. Worth it for ten/twelve quid but it's not one where you necessarily feel yourself improving much because the goalposts are constantly shifting little by little. The difficulty spikes are also really daft sometimes, you can be motoring along for half an hour and then a boss will destroy you with some unpredictable attack you can't possibly dodge at that speed. Eventually, thats killed my enthusiasm. 

Fair warning, mate! 

After making it last as long as I could I finally finished Picross S3 and reluctantly tried Mega Picross again, for maybe the second time ever, after the tutorial confused the life out of me years ago. It's AMAZING. And now I have a huge backlog of more Picross across two formats yassss. 

5 hours ago, Chooch said:

Is that Castlevania collection worth buying? I’ve only ever played the GBA ones. 

Tread carefully. I love the Metroidesque ones but the others are totally different. I don't get on with them at all.

Kid Dracula is pure magic, but. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Yasawas said:

After making it last as long as I could I finally finished Picross S3 and reluctantly tried Mega Picross again, for maybe the second time ever, after the tutorial confused the life out of me years ago. It's AMAZING. And now I have a huge backlog of more Picross across two formats yassss. 

Tread carefully. I love the Metroidesque ones but the others are totally different. I don't get on with them at all.

Kid Dracula is pure magic, but. 

You....you didn't finish any of the mega Picrosses?! How could you say any of the Picross games were finished?!

I've switched regions before but now I have an online subscription with auto renewal it won't let me switch without me first cancelling the auto renewal and the option to do that isn't obvious on the site. Combined with the fact my two sons are in the family group and then will probably have to enter passwords they've no doubt forgotten when I switch back doesn't seem worth the hassle for the £4 saving on RE4.

2 minutes ago, mwaawm said:

I've switched regions before but now I have an online subscription with auto renewal it won't let me switch without me first cancelling the auto renewal and the option to do that isn't obvious on the site. Combined with the fact my two sons are in the family group and then will probably have to enter passwords they've no doubt forgotten when I switch back doesn't seem worth the hassle for the £4 saving on RE4.

Just set up a new profile on your Switch with a different country as your region. Then you can access that regions store. It's really easy. 

6 hours ago, Stanshall said:

I'd say it's worth a go but it's absolutely brick. The roguelite elements are pretty mild. You won't unlock loads of stuff that'll make the fundamental game much easier or your ship very different, it's rather that you'll have a larger pool of weapons so you'll be using a wider range rather than sticking to your favourites. This is cool in a way but also frustrating if it keeps throwing melee weapons at you when your play style suits drones or whatever. Worth it for ten/twelve quid but it's not one where you necessarily feel yourself improving much because the goalposts are constantly shifting little by little. The difficulty spikes are also really daft sometimes, you can be motoring along for half an hour and then a boss will destroy you with some unpredictable attack you can't possibly dodge at that speed. Eventually, thats killed my enthusiasm. 

Fair warning, mate! 

I think it's great!! Unless you're taking about the free one?

Sorted the auto renewal from switch itself, instead of from my phone browser on the nintendo site. Now on Russian shop to download RE4...tempted by Hellblade while I'm here.....but that's actually cheaper back on the UK store!

53 minutes ago, mwaawm said:

Sorted the auto renewal from switch itself, instead of from my phone browser on the nintendo site. Now on Russian shop to download RE4...tempted by Hellblade while I'm here.....but that's actually cheaper back on the UK store!

It's cheapest on the SA store. £12-13.

Cheers Will get it from there.

The lack of gyro aiming on RE4 seems to be severely hampering my enjoyment of it at the moment.

It does feel clunky, but god, it’s still so addictive. I bought it last night for a quick peek and played three hours :o

• Upvote 3

I've never played Resi 4 :bye:

Edit - but I did pick up the Mega Drive collection now it's £20.  Bargain!  Is Resi 4 worth a punt for someone who really didn't like the earlier ones?

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Nathan Wind said:

I've never played Resi 4 :bye:

Edit - but I did pick up the Mega Drive collection now it's £20.  Bargain!  Is Resi 4 worth a punt for someone who really didn't like the earlier ones?

I'd say probably not. The control system is still fucking wierd even if you played it on the GameCube.