Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

33 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

This has become especially true lately with a one-month-old baby at home and very limited man cave time.

The reason I initially got a Switch but by the time we are in that position again I should have a nice backlog of first party games to enjoy.

Is there a guide about on how to do the region switching? And presumably you can still play them in English rather than the nation you purchased with?

That Count Lucanor game is tempting at the low price, has anyone played it?

It is nice to see Spanish indie games looking good, the 8bit Spanish industry was not bad actually.

1 hour ago, Luseth said:

The reason I initially got a Switch but by the time we are in that position again I should have a nice backlog of first party games to enjoy.

Is there a guide about on how to do the region switching? And presumably you can still play them in English rather than the nation you purchased with?

Gotters' helpful guide is on the first page of this thread. It's very simple to do. You can set up multiple separate accounts for different eshops, but I tend to just have one and switch it from region to region depending on the biggest discount. 95% of the time, though, it's the South African store.

As for language, it's my understanding that the game defaults to the language you've set up for the console itself (i.e., English), regardless where you buy it from, as long as the version you buy supports the language the Switch is set to.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, witchypoos said:

If that's not a.P.A.t.T., I'll eat my hat.

I thought that was an acronym until I Googled it. Never heard of them before, but sounds decent. I'd like the Black Bird OST but little Japanese tends to appear on streaming services. 

57 minutes ago, Junker said:

Bulb boy £1.22 at the moment.

Read a review that mentioned Oxenfree and Ren and Stimpy so that’s more then enough to get me interested.

It's worth a quid in the spirit of Halloween, yeah. I got it at launch but never completed it. 

• Upvote 1

I got Bulbboy, but the game glitched about halfway through and didn't recognise I'd collected an item. The game had autosaved so I would have had to restart from scratch. 

Wasn't a bad game up to that point, though. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Ikaruga for £7 (South Africa) seems good. Hopefully my FlipGrip should be showing up some time in Nov, so that’ll be handy. 

Sorry to say that I was thinking the same the other day so took a look and it’s now down as shipping in December. Not the end of the world like and personally I’d rather they took a bit more time if it means it’s better for it.