Dark Souls Remastered

On which platform will you remaster death?  

329 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 27/05/2020 at 16:51, robdood said:

Excellent stories of progress and success recently!!  :wub:

Souls bros, please vote in my poll for upcoming youtube playthrough of this wonderful game <3

https://www.youtube.com/post/UgwhRi--fHyHQk7xOsx4AaABCQ

VOTE RIGGING PLEASE. 

Vanilla Dark Souls is winning.  I don't want to play through Vanilla Dark Souls.  Please rllmuk, vote and back me up!

Finished my sorcery playthrough. Wow, you get so powerful it's stupid. I got to Gwyn, parried him, dark bead. Almost one shot. I did about 90% of his health. I contemptuously fired another dark bead to finish him off.

An interesting experience, but one I don't think I'll repeat. I find big sword melee much more fun to be honest.

3 hours ago, dug said:

Finished my sorcery playthrough. Wow, you get so powerful it's stupid. I got to Gwyn, parried him, dark bead. Almost one shot. I did about 90% of his health. I contemptuously fired another dark bead to finish him off.

An interesting experience, but one I don't think I'll repeat. I find big sword melee much more fun to be honest.

Thanks for the impressions, maybe I'll go through as Cleric Knight again since that was great.

I AM FIGHTING TWO ABSOLUTE BASTARDS!

Who are these fuckers!; Ornstein and Smough?

Sounds like a musicals songwriting duo from the 50s.

Last night's session was gruelling because I kept falling off of platforms swinging my enormous Halberd around, and then when I finally activated the bonfire inside the next building I forgot to rest at it, so when I bounded flamboyantly into the next room chuckling to myself and overcompensating on confidence I didn't anticipate having to spend another 30 minutes trekking back up again from the previous bonfire, falling from platforms repeatedly with all the elegance of a man strapped in a suit of dicks.

I did achieve a lot here, though, including finding the hidden basement room past the fireplace, and cleaning out all the little corridors and circular paths. I have constant love for the map design. I also noticed that the Black Eye Orb quivered in the big hall, which I recall is linked to the Firelink Shrine bonfire, but I'm not sure what I should do about this. I might see if I can "use" it when I jump back into the game tonight. I also found the smith here and upgraded some more equipment. I picked up a new sword and spear from the enemies in this section which are both immensely powerful and I just met the Dexterity requirements to wield them, so I have some real power now, and it means I can save my Crystal Halberd for something special.

But yeah, it looks like I'm now locked in a vicious battle with the two aforementioned demons from the beginning of this post. I'm looking forward to working out the strategy to this one because from the singular attempt I've had so far I got decimated by a giant hammer. At least the hits I was getting in were doing some good damage.

Onwards!

3 minutes ago, therearerules said:

I'm impressed by how people current playing for the first time are making it past the archers of Anor Londo so smoothly.

This is where I had the most trouble last night and it was NOT smooth.

I think it took me about 30 attempts in total before I got past them the first time, then I forgot to rest at the bonfire, and another 10 further attempts to get back there. I'd either swing myself off the ledge with my weapon, or get hit with an arrow which would push me off. I figured it was often better to not use the shield and to suck up damage as the recoil with a shield up seemed much worse and resulted in loads more falls.

Fair play on beating the Stray Demon so easily - I found him to be a total pig to be honest.

Have you tried slapping your summon sign down and helping other people yet - it's *really* fun to go and give people a hand at the bosses - you get to play them again, and it just feels nice to help out folks that have probably been struggling.

17 minutes ago, David Heath said:

the dude that helped me at the beginning of the game attacked me for no good reason so I killed him too. What was his problem? This was a fun distraction, though.

He’d gone Full Hollow, innit? Did you revisit your asylum cell for old times sake?

30 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

He’d gone Full Hollow, innit? Did you revisit your asylum cell for old times sake?

Of course! and now I feel bad for him, poor dude.

I re-explored the entire area and even got hit by the stupid giant ball rolling down the stairs trap again.

For old time's sake :)

24 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

Oh, and did you ever use that Black Eye Orb in the hall before O&S?

Yeah, forgot to mention this, and I have the Firelink bonfire relighted.

I did get the rusted ring and the item that was in my original cell but I'm not sure about other unusual items.

For the next update I'll do a status screen post showing what I'm wielding and wearing and where my levels are.

Last night's session took an unexpected turn.

First up, I travelled down to the ruins again to see what would happen this time and despite killing some bloke who was sat next to the bridge who definitely wasn't there before, I managed to get stabbed up proper by the ghosts again and decided not to bother after all. None of the magic I've tried works on them and I had other things I wanted to do so I left it again for the time being.

Now what I had planned to do next was head to Anor Londo and find out what lies behind the light there. But I kept thinking about what Cal said about the item he wanted to check I'd got, and I when I read the description again, and realising I was in Anor Londo, I recalled the giant hall with the painting in it. I remember it was suspicious at the time because it had a prompt in front of it, which did nothing, although I can't remember what it said. I forgot about it, and I don't think I even mentioned it during that bit of the playthrough, but now I was curious. Well turns out this shit is on some Super Mario 64 tip and you can go inside (actually, in hindsight, I don't even know if the item made that possible or not as I didn't even "use" it).

The entire rest of my playthrough was spent in this beautiful as fuck snowy painting and it was the most ridiculously good side quest fun I've had in the game so far. Really, cool area. Also, there were a LOT of items here so I spent about three hours or so hugging and rolling into walls, searching corners, and making sure I'd covered the entire grounds. I was confused for ages about how to get one particular item but then found a key in the sewer area and that solved that. I also picked up loads of spells (including something that requires 80 attunement slots which doesn't make any sense). I'm going to have to spend longer experimenting with this stuff as all I really have is pyromancy and I have a feeling I need to learn something new to get into the ruins.

At this point some mad idiot called Jeremy invaded my shit up and he had a proper badass whip thing with blades in it, but I was on a roll and nothing was going to fuck me up and I despatched him back to his sorry ass world. I also levelled up several times in this section as there were a lot of souls to be had.

Then I beat the poison spewing thing on the bridge, and then I found the angel woman at the end of this area who told me to jump straight off a bridge, and figuring I'd collected everything and it was cool, I did. Then I decided I wanted to see what would happen if I didn't do that, so I went back and hit her with my big stick and SHE LOST HER ENTIRE SHIT. Is she supposed to go invisible? I feel like I got lucky because I beat her on my second attempt and it was partially thanks to the enormous reach of the secondary weapon I'm using, and the amount of damage it inflicts, and me spamming the fuck out of the heavy attack button when she was near.

So that's it!

Massive unexpected side quest which I loved and which I probably wouldn't have found without Cal's inquisitiveness about that item.

Now I'm sat at a bonfire in Anor and I can start on that light door.

I'll post up my stats and loadout in a bit.

Here's how I look at the moment.

It'd be interesting to know if there's anything that looks odd to people.

I'm playing this blind and all I've had to go on is some subtle prompts in this thread and Rob's tutorials. I definitely don't want to know too much as I am quite enjoying not having a clue what I'm doing, but any vague observations would interest me.

Weapons are Silv Knight Str. Sword +4, Black Knight Halberd, and Pyro +3

Attunements are Great Chaos Fireball, Fire Orb, and Poison Mist

Rings are Ring of Favor and Protection and Havel's Ring

EaJhhcMU0AAhifJ.jpg

EaJhTg_UcAYzPsp.jpg

EaJha31U8AMESBq.jpg

Great stuff, love reading these, @David Heath

In terms of your stats and weapons etc, I won't make any recommendations or anything because you're having fun as it is, and that's all that matters. The only thing I will say is don't bother levelling up resistance; it's pretty much a straight up waste of souls. Other than that, carry on doing what you're doing!

Nice stories, Mr Heath!

I started Daughters of Ash last night.. ITS AMAZING!!  I recommend everyone either play it themselves or do so vicariously through my new walkthrough on yootoobs :)

On 05/06/2020 at 02:09, Calashnikov said:

This never occurred to me with the Anor Londo archers, but I used it a fucktonne to cheese many different situations in DS2. It had me thinking back to the cunts in question and slapping my forehead.

I'm not sure how this is possible, given that those bows have stupid range and they start shooting at you from fucking miles away. I'm not sure how poison arrows are a viable tactic without a lot of dodging around and taking a good few arrows to the knee face.

1 hour ago, David Heath said:

Here's how I look at the moment.

It'd be interesting to know if there's anything that looks odd to people.

I'm playing this blind and all I've had to go on is some subtle prompts in this thread and Rob's tutorials. I definitely don't want to know too much as I am quite enjoying not having a clue what I'm doing, but any vague observations would interest me.

Weapons are Silv Knight Str. Sword +4, Black Knight Halberd, and Pyro +3

Attunements are Great Chaos Fireball, Fire Orb, and Poison Mist

Rings are Ring of Favor and Protection and Havel's Ring

If you're not banging your head against a brick wall your loadout is fine. And if you've got past O&S you're fine for brick walls. My first run was with the halberd you get outside the parish, and my second was with the starting mace. Any weapon is fine with enough improvements. Also wore ring of fap and havels bulky ring- I like having armour and running.

1 hour ago, robdood said:

Nice stories, Mr Heath!

I started Daughters of Ash last night.. ITS AMAZING!!  I recommend everyone either play it themselves or do so vicariously through my new walkthrough on yootoobs :)

Woop woop

3 hours ago, David Heath said:

Massive unexpected side quest which I loved and which I probably wouldn't have found without Cal's inquisitiveness about that item.

Man, you did well to even figure out how to get back to the asylum yourself in the first instance :blink: Wish I could claim the same! But yes, the series of nutty things that you need to do in order to even access the Painted World is Dark Souls af