Cyhwuhx

Dark Souls Remastered - PC/PS4/Switch/X1 out now!

On which platform will you remaster death?  

296 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, jonamok said:

10 hours to finish the trilogy? Is that unedited?

yeah its absolutely crazy, I mean playing any of those games without dying is nigh on impossible but to not take a hit in the 3 games is just superhuman. Its really entertaining, he is a bit of a crackpot and has some crazy things he does for his twitch subs regarding keys, but overall I couldnt stop watching it. He starts with DS3 and finishes with 1.

• Upvote 2

So apparently they were planning to make some changes to the game, but ultimately decided not to:

This was apparently not always the case. Early in development other QOL changes and additions for Dark Souls Remastered were being considered, and in some cases prototyped, before staff were told to revert almost all changes and leave the game's content as it was. Some changes got as far as the development stage, being implemented in builds of the game, before being removed. To be absolutely clear we are not talking here about major content additions, like new areas or bosses, but tweaks to how things like covenants worked.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/04/13/dark-souls-remastered-contains-no-new-areas-enemies-or-items

I wouldn't have said no to Covenant tweaking or a less opaque weapon upgrade path. Having to sit there with a weapon upgrade tree open on my phone just so I can figure out what the hell I need to do to upgrade my weapon any further isn't the best.

• Upvote 2

On 09/04/2018 at 00:57, Mr. Gerbik said:

@Calashnikov the simplest, honest to God answer is that Dark Souls is just that good

...it clicked hard. It's one of the few games, and that number is really small if you start disregarding multiplayer and co-op games, that I can endlessly replay and not get tired of it. Once Dark Souls grabs you, once you feel it, it's forever an exhilarating experience. I can't think of any other game quite like that...

Ditto.

Once it's *really* got you it just invades your consciousness and is constantly lurking there in the background. It has kinda broken games for me. I still play and enjoy them, but I don't know if anything will ever have the same impact on me again. I sincerely hope so... But I'm not expecting it.

There's a good reason "the Dark Souls of..." has become a cliche, and this is the Dark Souls of Dark Souls games.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Is it May 25th yet? Fuck’s sake.

This could help pass a few minutes at least. 

• Upvote 2

As long as they don't add dubious and slightly disturbing cartoon anime girls in short skirts to Dark Souls, Kirby does not care about Dark Souls. Adult games or GTFO.

• Upvote 2

Lunch time Dark Souls and broken joycons will have to wait!

I wasn’t going to get this remaster, but I like the idea of having all 3 games for the PS4. If only there was a Demon’s Souls port to top off the SoulsBorne awesomeness one one console. 

• Upvote 2