Ghost of Tsushima - New Sucker Punch IP

11 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

Yeah, game's great but can we at least all agree that the haiku's are complete cringey shite?

Wise man say, never-

Pay full price for late pizza

The fucking cheapskate

One or two actually aren't bad depending on what you go for, but mostly they really miss the point of haiku.

15 minutes ago, spanx said:

I have completely lost my mojo with standoffs as the game has progressed. Does the timing get much stricter or something? I don’t think I’ve landed one in my last ten attempts or so :(

My post about this is on the last page. Watch their feet.

40 minutes ago, spanx said:

I have completely lost my mojo with standoffs as the game has progressed. Does the timing get much stricter or something? I don’t think I’ve landed one in my last ten attempts or so :(

Each main area has progressively harder standoffs. The first and second aren't bad, but in the third you have to be pretty fast to land it.

The new lethal mode is excellent, I wish more games would do this kind of mode where not just the enemies get stronger but the player does too. Shadows of Mordor was absolutely crying out for something like this. 

I've decided to sell this, some of you may no doubt be relieved to hear. I still haven't finished area one of the map and looking at the size of areas two and three I just know I'm never, ever going to finish it as I'm already a bit bored. I don't dislike the game and enjoy the combat but I'd rather just spend another 20 or so hours playing something else as I feel like I've already seen most of what it has to offer at this point and the narrative hasn't engaged me at all.

CEX are offering 40 quid for it at the moment so I've not really lost out giving it a shot.

Lethal mode. Absolutely brutal if you don’t use every move, tool and trick you have. Still just as beautiful...

57EB5837-A610-4290-A3F5-9160D3B73625.jpeg.a4a8830dfe9f710862a7d98df21be7b7.jpeg

D6537325-0472-48F6-A98D-AD372D208A09.thumb.jpeg.7ca08b9cd46f470d92b5025a55d4a17b.jpeg

I have no idea how to do anything fancy with the photo mode, plus I can’t be arsed but I never need to :wub:

Still roaming about Act One area, loved to know how many hours I've already out into this. Do wonder why it isn't shown, is it something hard to implement for consoles games or just the developers choice? If someone like Hello Games can have it in their No Man's Sky game with such a small team, does seem weird with all the staff and resources Sucker Punch have  they couldn't add it.

For some reason the last session seemed to be taking mostly horse photos, not sure why:

jX2gIA.png

jcrNnA.png

jX2IFq.png

Cheers boys.

Is everyone else changing their outfit depending on what kind of session they are having? :) When I'm in story mission mode I make sure to wear the finest clan armour I have but on a more exploration focussed session switch to Ronin Thief edition outfit. Clearly that will be getting replaced with a fully upgraded Travellers outfit.

I would change about five times a minute when anything kicked off. Without trying to spoil anything, I'd often start off traveling around in my nifty Traveler's Set, spot an enemy and swap to a set that increased the amount of Standoff kills,. then flit between the health recharging set (on a stagger kill), and the one that made all your ghost weapons extremely lethal with insane resolve-filling properties.

Ah, the names won't spoil anything but best be safe: Sakai set, Gosaku set and Kensei Set.

5 minutes ago, Kayin Amoh said:

Yep! Bonuses gotta get used.

I'd never thought about doing that and probably just assumed it would be locked, like fast travel is at times :lol:

As I progress I want to be able to use less and less bonuses, so I can eventually hold my own in lethal mode wearing nothing but a Thief mask, Bandana and Ronin trousers. Next patch please SP... option to wear parts of different outfits together. Oh and an 'all parry no block' setting :D