Rushy

ONRUSH - A New Breed of Arcade Action

The only reason I know this isn't a proper racing game is because of people on here. None of the marketing or trailers I've seen have made it clear it's not a racer.

A friend of mine said he was going to get it because he enjoyed motorstorm and wanted a hectic racing game to play, but when I pointed out what it actually was, it put him right off and he didn't end up buying it (which wasn't my intention, I just wanted him to understand what he was buying). 

The price for getting it digitally is also very off-putting. I'm not saying it should be a budget title, but most people are probably unlikely to chuck £55+ on an unknown IP on a whim, especially if there's no buzz and despite the generally strong reviews. 

They needed to do a massive marketing push on this, both to raise the profile of it, but also demonstrate what it was about.

Maybe it'll find its audience eventually, be a slow burn, but more likely it'll just slip into obscurity. Shame. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Orko said:

The only reason I know this isn't a proper racing game is because of people on here. None of the marketing or trailers I've seen have made it clear it's not a racer.

A friend of mine said he was going to get it because he enjoyed motorstorm and wanted a hectic racing game to play, but when I pointed out what it actually was, it put him right off and he didn't end up buying it (which wasn't my intention, I just wanted him to understand what he was buying). 

The price for getting it digitally is also very off-putting. I'm not saying it should be a budget title, but most people are probably unlikely to chuck £55+ on an unknown IP on a whim, especially if there's no buzz and despite the generally strong reviews. 

They needed to do a massive marketing push on this, both to raise the profile of it, but also demonstrate what it was about.

Maybe it'll find its audience eventually, be a slow burn, but more likely it'll just slip into obscurity. Shame. 

The digital price is pretty ridiculous. I doubt that Evolution would have had anything to do with that or even support it. Silly Codies. 

11 hours ago, SeanR said:

is that even a question? Surely the best version of any multiplatform title will be on xbonex now? Even without "enhancements" if only for a more stable framerate, right?

Framerate is identical on both PS4 Pro & Xbox One X at a locked 60fps. The Xbox One X supports a higher resolution and 4K textures, but I'd say choose the platform you want to play with your friends on (shame multiplayer isn't cross-platform).

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Rushy said:

Framerate is identical on both PS4 Pro & Xbox One X at a locked 60fps. The Xbox One X supports a higher resolution and 4K textures, but I'd say choose the platform you want to play with your friends on (shame multiplayer isn't cross-platform).

yeah, but he said "base PS4" ;)

1 minute ago, SeanR said:

yeah, but he said "base PS4" ;)

It'll still be identical in terms of framerate :)

In the next update we've made further optimisations so that that on base PS4 now runs as smoothly as the more powerful hardware. But obviously the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X versions look better. So if you've got an base PS4 and an Xbox One X I'd definitively recommend to go for the latter. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Rushy said:

It'll still be identical in terms of framerate :)

In the next update we've made further optimisations so that that on base PS4 now runs as smoothly as the more powerful hardware. But obviously the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X versions look better. So if you've got an base PS4 and an Xbox One X I'd definitively recommend to go for the latter. 

impressive, most impressive...

Ok, this is bloody brilliant.

It's Burnout 3 DX. It's Motorstorm FUCK YOU Edition.It's Forza Fighter. It's basically it's own very beautiful and spectactular thing. It's Overwatch meets Mario Kart via PURE. It's Excite Truck Wars. Its ... it's .... What it isn't is everything it looks to be, instead it's something much more joyous. And. it can definitely frustrate, as you spawn right into someone landing on your head to crush you less than 5 seconds into a race, but it never upsets you as much as it probably should do. Because, you know you'll be back up to full speed and right in the middle of a pack full of fodder before you have time to exhale.

And, it is clearly going to die a death, being far too difficult to explain for the average games journalist. And far too odd to package for the average marketing intern. Which is shame beyond shame, and it is now going to become one of my "mission" games, in which I will bore anybody who gets close enough to me into submission until they buy it!

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, NickyDrinks said:

It's annoying how little attention this game is getting. Put up a campaign demo and a decent digital price drop and it could be massive.

Both of these, please.

• Upvote 1

Had a blast playing this for the first time last night. Love the presentation and music in this and has the pumped up fun of burnout and motorstorm without the turnoff for me of racing games of not performing well and ending at the back for half the race.

i kept the accelerator and boost jammed for the whole time I played, so I can’t really see yet what the point of the boost button is- if you’ve got boost you’re gonna use it. :)

Im hoping the classes become more distinct during the racing but it’s early days yet.

• Upvote 2

As I understand it, this thing looks amazing but every bit of footage I’ve seen on YouTube just shows a sea of brown and grey.

10 hours ago, Strafe said:

As I understand it, this thing looks amazing but every bit of footage I’ve seen on YouTube just shows a sea of brown and grey.

Nah ;)

42949811431_31c7774ef1_o.png

In fairness the time of day/weather makes a hell of a difference. If you hit parts of the track during sunrise/set it looks stunning. All of the liveries/artwork also brighten it up too.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, U-1 said:

Nah ;)

42949811431_31c7774ef1_o.png

In fairness the time of day/weather makes a hell of a difference. If you hit parts of the track during sunrise/set it looks stunning. All of the liveries/artwork also brighten it up too.

Is that from the photo mode, though?

Is it all chase cam or can you do first person?

9 minutes ago, Strafe said:

Is that from the photo mode, though?

Is it all chase cam or can you do first person?

Yeah its a bit cheeky as its a photomode shot with a few filters applied... however as mentioned it does certainly have its stunning visual moments.

It's all chase cam as you really need full peripheral vision to keep track of whats going on around you.

• Upvote 1

yeah, it's not that bright but it is colourful with all the trails, pickups and vehicles. I'd call it really far from being a drab game.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, parrapatheslapper said:

Cheers @Rushy I am getting on this next week.  Any news of a demo anytime soon?

Expect news soon ;)

• Upvote 4

On 21/06/2018 at 07:31, macosx said:

Had a blast playing this for the first time last night. Love the presentation and music in this and has the pumped up fun of burnout and motorstorm without the turnoff for me of racing games of not performing well and ending at the back for half the race.

i kept the accelerator and boost jammed for the whole time I played, so I can’t really see yet what the point of the boost button is- if you’ve got boost you’re gonna use it. :)

Im hoping the classes become more distinct during the racing but it’s early days yet.

Boost you can be selective with, helps with timed bursts for coming in faster on a nearby target. At first though, you're right, we all just keep that button pressed hard.

15 hours ago, catinthehat said:

How depressing.  It was less than that on release day for the physical version.  Digital pricing is a joke, and not just for Onrush. 

IDGI.

Digital pricing has always been an issue with high pricing throughout. I remember reading that prices likely will come down, though that still hasn't happened yet. I try and avoid digital copies, purely because of filling the HDD so damn quickly (I already have a 2Tb drive and it only has 100Gb left.

It's 02:00 I'm bleary eyed and buzzing having finally 100%'d the single player SuperStar mode and unlocked the Platinum trophy.

Anyone worried about a lack of single player content dont be. This has kept me fully focused since launch and I've loved pretty much every event. Now roll on the Ranked multiplayer games!

I'm beginning to think Onrush is going to turn out to be this generations Blur.

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, MeanElf said:

Well done @U-1 - going to take me a bit longer, I'm afraid - there again, I am dilly-dallying on the Custom Race section a bit too.

Cheers. It definitely took some willpower to focus on finishing those last few events. Going to be taking a break now to clear some of my other unfinished titles, but I'll definitely be back for more.

@parrapatheslapper If you don't want to go digital I think Game are selling it for £34.99 now.

• Upvote 1