Lorfarius

AMIGArama Podcast Episode 48: Shadow of the Beast III

16 minutes ago, Treble said:

I didn't play a huge array of Amiga games, but I was very enamoured of Robocop 3. Just if you're looking for odd/good stuff to choose :)

Might be in luck I've had that one on my list for ages. Just a matter of finding the interesting history :)

• Upvote 1

Nice one! Just listened to the Stunt Car Racer episode, and the music played on the organ in The Simpsons is In a Gadda Da Vida by Iron Butterfly. Just in case it was driving (hah!) you nuts :)

• Upvote 1

I've decided that I'm going to be covering all 3 SOTB games :o Usually I would space something like this out but there's enough difference between the games that should be fun to cover them all.

I've been looking into a few games as well at some point I need to tackle Cannon Fodder and Superfrog but Civilization is up there too. So many games to do and only 1 show a week though that might be about to change for Patreon supporters this weekend :hat: 

Had a few people ask me how I can keep up doing this each week put simply I'm finding its loads of fun. I've not even approached some of the real stinkers yet though I will spread them out a bit. Don't want weeks of rubbish games in a row!

30 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Shadow of the Beast 2 was rock hard. Be interesting to see how you get on with it without the ten pints cheat. 

Just wait til you see the game play footage :lol:

• Upvote 1

And with that we have Shadow of the Beast 2. This really is a Beast of a game (ho ho!) and I think it does more than the first could ever hope to achieve.. but... well have to listen and see:

https://amigarama.com/episodes/amigarama-podcast-episode-47-shadow-of-the-beast-ii/

This is also going to be the start of something huge. This week I am releasing 2 shows going forward, the first will be the latest episode and the other... for Patreon supporters only :o I've really stepped up my game and will be releasing the next episode 7 days early... each week!  So if you want to learn how the adventure continues you will have to stop by the page :lol:

• Upvote 2

We finally bring the Beast trilogy to a close!  Not many series that change as much as this one on a single generation but it really has been an interesting deep dive to cover. Next week we will be looking at Speedball 2 so quite the change! Up now for Patreons :hat:

https://amigarama.com/episodes/amigarama-podcast-episode-48-shadow-of-the-beast-iii/

Note: You will need something capable of playing stereo to hear the Amiga music in all its glory. I know we have a few people with mono speaker setups.  Also the footage is a bit limited around a couple of levels, not sure why but no matter which version of this I tried to play on WHDLoad, or WINUAE just kept crashing or breaking in certain spots.  Only way I can get decent footage so I tried my best!

• Upvote 1