Jump to content
Matthew Kenyon

Analogue Super Nt

Recommended Posts

I think eventually the Super NT's firmware will be updated to emulate a lot of the custom chips, there is supposedly a lot of unused power in the FPGA. 

 

Until then, the SD2SNES is the ultimate Super NT companion - it's also totally open source so don't be afraid to grab one of the cheaper ones from China - they are made with the same components to the same spec. I have one and it's been fine, supports all the newest firmware updates etc. Think I paid about $140 shipped for mine. 

 

Super NT + SD2SNES + Cart's of Starfox/Yoshi's Island/Mario RPG and you pretty much have everything you'll ever need :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Nick_L said:

til then, the SD2SNES is the ultimate Super NT companion - it's also totally open source so don't be afraid to grab one of the cheaper ones from China - they are made with the same components to the same spec. I have one and it's been fine, supports all the newest firmware updates etc. Think I paid about $140 shipped for mine. 

 

Super NT + SD2SNES + Cart's of Starfox/Yoshi's Island/Mario RPG and you pretty much have everything you'll ever need :)

 

Yeah man, I've just received Yoshi's Island, Starfox and StuntRaceFX/Wildtrax. I really don't mind resorting to emulation for SuperMarioRPG as I have zero nostalgia value attached to that one.

 

Re: the Chinese SD2SNES. Is your cart shell completely enclosed at the top? The ones I've been looking at on ebay seem to have an open space behind the SD slot.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Fallows said:

 

Yeah man, I've just received Yoshi's Island, Starfox and StuntRaceFX/Wildtrax. I really don't mind resorting to emulation for SuperMarioRPG as I have zero nostalgia value attached to that one.

 

Re: the Chinese SD2SNES. Is your cart shell completely enclosed at the top? The ones I've been looking at on ebay seem to have an open space behind the SD slot.

 

Mine has the open space, guessing they use the same shells for Everdrives etc as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Colonel Panic said:

Finally got an 8BitDo wireless adapter to go with my SuperNT!

 

KNqf9Vu_d.jpg

 

I'm using my frankenpad (8BitDo SFPro30) and the D-Pad is... not amazing.  I haven't got to it yet, but there is a tape fix (open them up, put tape on the contacts) which makes them much better apparently.

I was playing Super Bomberman 4 the other night and had more than an acceptable number of deaths attributed to the D-Pad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mrsnrub said:

Quite fancy one of these bad boys, has anyone seen the clone HDMI mega drives doing the rounds on aliexpress?

 

Yes. They reportedly still have the "shit sound" issues of other clones though.

 

I've never found it a problem with most games, but some people do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, deKay said:

 

Yes. They reportedly still have the "shit sound" issues of other clones though.

 

I've never found it a problem with most games, but some people do.

I looked into that and one of the reviewers said that it seemed to be fine through the telly but when he put it on his capture card the sound went nuts. Could be that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mrsnrub said:

I looked into that and one of the reviewers said that it seemed to be fine through the telly but when he put it on his capture card the sound went nuts. Could be that?

 

I find the ATGames one "fine".

 

Others find it a form of aural rape.

 

YMMV.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, mrsnrub said:

Quite fancy one of these bad boys, has anyone seen the clone HDMI mega drives doing the rounds on aliexpress?

 

There probably won't be a properly good FPGA based Megadrive until Kevtris and Analogue get round to doing one, if they ever do! 

I'd love one, and seen as the Megadrive is hardware backwards compatible with both the Master System and Game Gear, would be a great all in one 2D Sega machine. 

 

Who knows though. I'd pre-order one instantly if they ever announced one. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mega Drive isn't compatible with Game Gear.

 

Game Gear games need conversion to Master System format (a non-trivial process) before they're able to run in Mega Drive backwards compatibility mode. The same applies to MSX games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kevtris mentioned in a video interview that there was probably memory bandwidth issues or something with respect to the Super NT and FX chip I think 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I’ve got one of these on the way but just wondering what to connect the micro USB to for power? I’ve read that an iPhone charger works, does anyone have experience of this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kevvy Metal said:

Pre-orders for these are open again. 

 

Just came along to say exactly that.  SFC and Classic available again, clear discontinued, and black still available from round 2.  I suspect they won't be making any more black ones either..

 

I'd quite like an SFC one, but prefer my classic, and my wife would kill me, and I've already spent 1500+ on car parts this week...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got my hands on an SF NT preorder! Thanks, gents :D

 

Now I just need to live on bread for a month or so. I'm sure it will be worth it to slap in my old copy of Unirally, mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kevvy Metal said:

@Fallows interested? Just don't sell your SFC for one. 

 

I got the email, cheers. However I just spent 2K on a new PC (without a GPU... yet).

 

The SD2SNES is next on my list, whenever I can sneak it in.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Fallows said:

 

I got the email, cheers. However I just spent 2K on a new PC (without a GPU... yet).

 

The SD2SNES is next on my list, whenever I can sneak it in.

 

I can certainly massively recommend the SD2SNES. It's an amazing piece of hardware. 

Also, even though the Super NT is totally great, a real SFC on a PVM will always been the real deal. No lag and it just looks right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.