Moz

Divinity: Original Sin 2 - "One of the greatest PC RPGs of all time" now coming to consoles

17 hours ago, Moz said:

I might be being stupid, but how the fuck am I supposed to keep a rogue alive? Even in "easy" fights where nobody else is having any issues, even after I've spent extortionate amounts of money on the very best gear I can find for my rogue, I'm hitting like a truck but getting killed on the the first enemy turn every single time. Every single enemy turns round and goes after my rogue because she has the highest DPS it seems. 

Edit - I fucking give up man. I'm level 11 and I've tried three separate fights with 3 bunches of level 9 enemies and they all just run exclusively at my rogue until she's dead as if the other party members aren't even there. IDFGI.

I had this issue with Sebille who is my rogue. She has a lot of purple gear and does a lot of damage so attracts hate a lot. Like others have said, big crits are going to attract the enemy's focus. What I did was equip her with Chameleon Cloak so she can disappear for a round if she's getting too much hate and also put a point in Huntsman so I could give her 'First Aid' so she could heal herself.

Also, my main 'tank' (Red Prince) has Provoke now which helps and also my Mage has high summon stats so she can can send out an incarnate who will also have provoke. So there are ways of drawing hate off your rogue, both through their own abilities and those of the rest of your party.

I would also say, make sure you keep characters updated with new abilities. If you can't afford them you can always pickpocket them - or get in a massive fight when you get caught pickpocketing them, like I did in a tavern. At the end of the fight, there was so much blood I could barely see the floorboards ;)

• Upvote 1

Just had a look at the patch notes.

Reduced Chicken form running distance to 6 meters

Nooooooo. :(

I'm at the start of act 4 after playing for about 70 hours since release. Haven't been grabbed by a game like this for a long time - it's superb.

Well the combat finally clicked last night and resulted in me finishing playing at 3:30am (could have kept going too)... I'm ruined this morning! 

• Empathy 1

Not long after @Sie took the above screenshot, we ventured to a new island.  Leaving behind Fort Joy, finally. (my play time is at 78 hours).

We arrived in a new town and obviously explored every nook and cranny.  We heard rumblings about the Inn, so decided to go and take a look.  I spoke with the chef of the Inn and he offered me some food, I tried to order something with a little bit of spice, but was unable to persuade him.  My undead buddy took a chance, and was more successful.  Will spoiler the next bit of what happened just in case (don't click if you haven't been to the Inn of the second town you reach and ordered the spicey food!)

Spoiler

Fane was directed upstairs, the little bit of extra spice turned out to be a bit of sexy time with a lovely lizard.  We both headed upstairs to meet with the lizard, however the lizard insisted that nothing would happen whilst I was in the room, so I left the dirty dog to get his leg over and went "exploring" (by which I of course mean stealing anything I possibly could).  Over voice comms I got a blow by blow account of what was happening in the room. 

Suddenly,  "Uhm, Tuts?  The screen went black, I think I'm getting laid..."

"Uhm. Tuts, a hidden assassin just appeared in the room."

"TUTS!"

I tried to open the door to get upstairs, but it was locked.  I tried picking the lock. Alas, nothing doing, it was unpickable.  What a dilemna.  My buddy was upstairs, having just done the deed with a lizard and was getting another pounding and I was all locked away. What to do, what to do.

Aha, I'll teleport him.  Grinning like a lunatic at my genius, I had a rummage in my bag, found my teleporter stone and tried to get to Fane. Location: Burgled Bag.  And the below screenshot is what I teleported in to.

A butt naked Fane. :lol:

20171007175650_1.thumb.jpg.2df1df5a3c660af7acda52ed416660e8.jpg

:wub:

• Upvote 2

Ahhh but do you know what you ate at the inn? I pick pocketed the chef and

Spoiler

The missing magisters you'll hear about, the chef has been murdering them and feeding them to the town

must resist opening those spoilers!

And I just can't stop playing this game! I was ready to leave the first area like 20 hours ago. But an urge to keep exploring resulted in countless new quests, hidden items/areas, and the unfortunate, violent death of every single Magister on the island. Tomorrow I will finally leave the island! ... After I explore a bit more just to make sure.

This is still the best game :wub: Incredible achievement by Larian.

I think this game coming out just after everyone had already submitted their top 20 lists is a shame. I think the same happened in 2015 with Bloodborne. Only a few early adopters managed to get votes in then too.

14 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

must resist opening those spoilers!

And I just can't stop playing this game! I was ready to leave the first area like 20 hours ago. But an urge to keep exploring resulted in countless new quests, hidden items/areas, and the unfortunate, violent death of every single Magister on the island. Tomorrow I will finally leave the island! ... After I explore a bit more just to make sure.

This is still the best game :wub: Incredible achievement by Larian.

We're in a similar position where we can now escape the island but i'm a bit sceptical about finishing every last thing on the island off as we'll probably have a second play through and it would be nice for there still to be some mystery!

Out of curiosity what level were people leaving Fort Joy at? We're currently 7, almost 8 I think.

Me too! I was trying to level up slightly before leaving but couldn't think of any loose ends. The place feels massive but it really is just the right amount of story and quests for a 'noob' area with the level requirements pitched almost perfectly.

Yeah, chat to (or pickpocket) anyone basically and see what they've got. Once you leave Fort Joy you'll meet people with loads of skillbooks to sell!

Also, if you've got an elf in your party, e.g. Sebille, eating limbs can occasionally grant a new skill.

This game :wub:

I'm really enjoying my lone wolf undead summoner build after a bit of tweaking (dropped necromancer completely). My level 10+ incarnate buffed with fortify and frost armour and infused to exploit enemy resists, is a lot of fun. I've put a couple of points in most of the caster trees to nab a load of handy spells so I can fly, evade, teleport, switch places with other characters, buff with insight and haste, charm, coat the land with rain, oil and poison, electrocute enemies and summon totems while the incarnate sets things on fire.

Makes me wanna try out a cheesy 4 summoner party playthrough at some point in the future.

Ok i have dived into this and it's bloody lovely isn't it. Hard though! I'm playing it on classic and get regularly fucked up. Now all my resurrection scrolls are gone and I can't afford any more each fight must be completed with no deaths and it takes many repeats to finish them.

I find it frustrating that the fights always spawn enemies all around me on the good ground and I can't really prepare, my party is always bunched up. But other than these niggles , absolutely loving it.

A good tip if you think you are going to have a fight after a conversation is to get the other characters into position first, as you can move them while having the convo.

• Upvote 1

That's a good one thanks, Also just discovered you can sneak in and position your rogue before the fight starts.

I think my party lacks synergy though, it makes me want to start over, but.... nah.