rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
KriessG

New issue of Super Play out now!

4 minutes ago, Triple A said:

This makes me so fucking happy. Super Play was a big influence on me when growing up.

Same here. Made me want to learn English (and thus graduate up to edge and then to here) and it made me want to learn Japanese. Without Super Play I probably wouldn't have lived in Japan for awhile, one of the best times of my life.

• Upvote 1

My cold cynical heart is... stirring.

What a wonderful idea. The perfect accompaniment to the nostalgia of playing the actual games. I will be seeking this out on the shelves. I just hope they print enough of them.

(Please bring back N64 mag when the N64 mini arrives! )

• Upvote 2

Yes!  What a great idea, though I thought I'd bought my last paper mag about a decade ago.  Will have to try to hunt this down..  Where do you buy magazines again..? ;)

When is it likely to start appearing?

9 minutes ago, ashmatuk said:

You can still subscribe to retro gamer for £5 for 5 issues. Hopefully the you will get this issue?

https://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/RET/SUMMER17/

Sadly not. I've just placed my order, after seeing your post, my sub starts with 173. Not bad though, I'll get the newstand version of 172 and consider it to be 6 issues for £10.

1 minute ago, acidbearboy said:

Can I order this one issue online or through a newsagents? How much is it? 

It's £4.99 and as far as I know you can't order a single issue online until it becomes a back issue. I'd just go to a regular newsagent which normally stocks the mag and ask them to reserve one for you.

12 minutes ago, acidbearboy said:

Can I order this one issue online or through a newsagents? How much is it? 

You should be able to order it from myfavouritemagazines.co.uk as of Thursday. Price is £5.99.

4 minutes ago, strider said:

You should be able to order it from myfavouritemagazines.co.uk as of Thursday. Price is £5.99.

The price of the 'Kong' issue is only £4.99, including shipping, on that site currently.

https://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/retro-gamer-print-back-issues/retro-gamer-issue-171/?listtype=search&searchparam=retro

1 hour ago, Gregory Wolfe said:

The price of the 'Kong' issue is only £4.99, including shipping, on that site currently.

Future raise the cover price for supplements & cover gifts nowadays. All About History was also 5.99 last month to pay for a small book.

If NGamer were still being published, we'd probably be paying double for the non-working ice tray issue.

Edit: Oops. Strider replied a few seconds before me

Just now, knightbeat said:

Future raise the cover price for supplements & cover gifts nowadays. All About History was also 5.99 last month to pay for a small book.

If NGamer were still being published, we'd probably be paying double for the non-working ice tray issue.

Edit: Oops. Strider replied a few seconds before me

Ok, fair enough. A small premium.

3 hours ago, strider said:

I'm at work so I can't check. There's a two page anime spread from Helen, I know that.

Ticking all the right boxes here. Hopefully Jeremy Parish isn't in it too much. :lol: